Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Obama Total Disregard Congress or Consitution

Uncle Sam

Shoe on the other foot. Ever heard of it?

I thought you were claiming that compromise is to be desired. Do you now assert that compromise is not desireable when you have a majority in both houses?

Harte

When you have a majority in both houses and the presidency, it would seem the people have spoken and you have a clear mandate to pursue your policies. When congress is divided compromise is necessary. Again, what is the purpose of filibustering every federal appointment? I could see the necessity at times if an appointment is particularly bad, but every appointment? This is akin to a 4 year old stamping his feet at nap time. If the people didn't favor Obama's policies then we would have that mormon guy running things, and liberals like me would be whining about dictatorship. Calling Obama a dictator for exercising his constitutional authority is just sour grapes. If you don't like the losses of freedom we are enduring then join me in calling for the repeal of the patriot act, the greatest affront to civil liberties since the Nuremburg laws

I think one of the problems is the fact that congress isn't doing anything, so Obama just steps in and does what he wants.

You think that refusing to fund a law that was found to be constitutional by refusing to pass a budget, thereby risking and damaging the country's economy is doing nothing?

When you have a majority in both houses and the presidency, it would seem the people have spoken and you have a clear mandate to pursue your policies. When congress is divided compromise is necessary.

And when the country is against the policy as well? Is that the time to dismiss it as a bunch of hicks that don't know what they're talking about, or can we also say that about the re-election?

Again, what is the purpose of filibustering every federal appointment? I could see the necessity at times if an appointment is particularly bad, but every appointment? This is akin to a 4 year old stamping his feet at nap time.

Actually, it is the minority making the majority pay for their actions.

I just noticed, I'm answering your questions. Will you now consider mine about when it is appropriate to address entitlements? Can such a common-sense action be taken in the face of "pushing grandma over the cliff" ads that basically win the election for the party willing to use such ridiculous claims and take such violent advantage of the demonstrated ignorance of the masses?

If the people didn't favor Obama's policies then we would have that mormon guy running things,

The American people are against the ACA as it was written and implemented. So, you only believe polls with the official stamps of the secretaries of states of the individual states once every four years and these other polls are meaningless/?

Calling Obama a dictator for exercising his constitutional authority is just sour grapes. If you don't like the losses of freedom we are enduring then join me in calling for the repeal of the patriot act, the greatest affront to civil liberties since the Nuremburg laws

I haven't called him a dictator. He's about as far from a dictator as you can get.

I will say he's more of a dictator to his own people than he is to the parts of the world over which he held at least some sway on the day he entered office.

That portion of the world is today much smaller.

Harte

You think that refusing to fund a law that was found to be constitutional by refusing to pass a budget, thereby risking and damaging the country's economy is doing nothing?

Yes.

And when the country is against the policy as well? Is that the time to dismiss it as a bunch of hicks that don't know what they're talking about, or can we also say that about the re-election?

Actually, it is the minority making the majority pay for their actions.

I just noticed, I'm answering your questions. Will you now consider mine about when it is appropriate to address entitlements? Can such a common-sense action be taken in the face of "pushing grandma over the cliff" ads that basically win the election for the party willing to use such ridiculous claims and take such violent advantage of the demonstrated ignorance of the masses?

The American people are against the ACA as it was written and implemented. So, you only believe polls with the official stamps of the secretaries of states of the individual states once every four years and these other polls are meaningless/?

I haven't called him a dictator. He's about as far from a dictator as you can get.

I will say he's more of a dictator to his own people than he is to the parts of the world over which he held at least some sway on the day he entered office.

That portion of the world is today much smaller.

Harte

The country is against the policy? OK and they overwhelmingly reelected the guy why? By country you mean the right wing right thinking part, whose opinion is the only one that's supposed to count, I suppose. The poor and the middle class shouldn't have a say? Somebody must like the policy. You do realize that about 28 million will have insurance that can't be refused because of pre existing conditions, that will be affordable? Oh the horror.

The country is against the policy?

A new poll shows support for Obamacare has dropped to an all-time low of 35 percent, with a new record 62 percent opposed.

The CNN/Opinion Research poll last month showed the law had a 40 percent approval rating, with 58 percent opposed.

The poll contrasts with a Washington Post-ABC News poll last week which actually showed support for the law rebounding slightly, to 46 percent, as problems with the HealthCare.gov Web site decreased.

Washington Post

OK and they overwhelmingly reelected the guy why?

A good working hypothesis would be that they believed him when he flat-out lied about the bill prior to being re-elected. Or, would you propose some other reason?

By country you mean the right wing right thinking part, whose opinion is the only one that's supposed to count, I suppose. The poor and the middle class shouldn't have a say?

Sorry, but you don't get to make up your own reality - the country has been opposed since the idea came up link.

Somebody must like the policy. You do realize that about 28 million will have insurance that can't be refused because of pre existing conditions, that will be affordable? Oh the horror.

There are ways to insure those folks without the utter disruption this plan is certain (and designed) to cause. In fact, Republicans proposed measures that would have done it. But according to Obama and his pals, that was part of their evil plan to murder everyones' grandmothers.

How affordable is health care when you have deductibles like 5 thousand per person per year anyway?

Harte

OK and they overwhelmingly reelected the guy why?

Easy, the other guy was worse.