Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Road Rage

docyabut2

Docy, I'm glad to find that you posted this thread. I watched Nancy Grace's show on it last night and found her take on it to be almost unbelievable. Nancy bellowed her way through 60 minutes of how this poor "mommy of four" was acting to protect her family. While I sat there thinking I don't think it would be possible for the Meyer family to make up a more absurd story if they tried.

Of course, all we have right now is go by what has been reported and I'm probably in the minority view point but OMG, their story is that there was some type of street incident, she takes her daughter home, loads up her son bearing his 9 mm gun and goes to confront her attacker. She doesn't think of calling the police to protect her family and keep her axx in the house, no, she needs to confront this herself (???)

There just has to be another explanation for her actions that we haven't heard yet. Nothing so far makes any kind of sense to me.

• Like 3

Docy, I'm glad to find that you posted this thread. I watched Nancy Grace's show on it last night and found her take on it to be almost unbelievable. Nancy bellowed her way through 60 minutes of how this poor "mommy of four" was acting to protect her family. While I sat there thinking I don't think it would be possible for the Meyer family to make up a more absurd story if they tried.

Of course, all we have right now is go by what has been reported and I'm probably in the minority view point but OMG, their story is that there was some type of street incident, she takes her daughter home, loads up her son bearing his 9 mm gun and goes to confront her attacker. She doesn't think of calling the police to protect her family and keep her axx in the house, no, she needs to confront this herself (???)

There just has to be another explanation for her actions that we haven't heard yet. Nothing so far makes any kind of sense to me.

It is strange doesn't seem to be a road rage, but a neighborhood dispute.

• Like 3

It is strange doesn't seem to be a road rage, but a neighborhood dispute.

story is getting stranger and stranger. sounds more like feuding than a random tragedy. I am always confused at the need of some to go around armed to do normal business. The odds of you needing one if you avoid drugs, and gangs is so small and the risks of some ridiculous accident or stupid shooting is so high. I think guns make stupid people feel invincible and they go looking for trouble when discretion is the smarter option. The day I think I need to pack heat to go to the store or drive around my neighborhood is the day I move to a ranch somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

• Like 1

story is getting stranger and stranger. sounds more like feuding than a random tragedy. I am always confused at the need of some to go around armed to do normal business. The odds of you needing one if you avoid drugs, and gangs is so small and the risks of some ridiculous accident or stupid shooting is so high. I think guns make stupid people feel invincible and they go looking for trouble when discretion is the smarter option. The day I think I need to pack heat to go to the store or drive around my neighborhood is the day I move to a ranch somewhere in the middle of nowhere.

I agree on most people carrying guns around !! Part of the story that I heard on Nancy Grace who supposedly had a lengthy telephone interview with the husband, was that after the first run-in with the silver car that carried the shooter, she dropped the daughter off (to protect her) but told the daughter to tell her son to come out and join her, then she drives away with the son (and his gun) so that she is drawing the silver car away from her home because the car will not be parked at the house. Then it seems they can't even hide the fact she and her son went driving around looking for the silver car !!!

That's jaw dropping crazy to me ! Yes, it does reek a little of the son is now armed and they are invincible but how do they even think that story covers the fact they are at that point vigilantes.

Why is my question ? This story starts stinking from the point of the claim that the "mommy of four" victim was out with her daughter giving driving lessons, per their own admission, at 10:50 pm ! Was that the lesson that most driving schools skip.... NIGHT driving ..... NIGHT parking !

There is another part of the story that I question why it's in the picture and that's mommy was trying to "counsel" this young man to the point of having him in their home, staying for dinner, and taking numerous walks to the park with their dog. I wonder if that part is put out there because the husband realizes neighbors have seen him coming and going from the house. The "walking to the park" element of the story is also of interest to me because, although I don't know what that area is like, around my area the parks and, believe it or not, the libraries around here are primary drug dealing locations.

I admit to being the totally suspicious type but if I quirk this story just a bit and start with mommy was in the school lot at 10:50 pm for a drug deal (as either the buyer or the seller )and not a driving lesson and the deal went totally wrong, from there her actions and reactions make a lot more sense.

Edited by Vincennes
  • Like 1

I agree on most people carrying guns around !! Part of the story that I heard on Nancy Grace who supposedly had a lengthy telephone interview with the husband, was that after the first run-in with the silver car that carried the shooter, she dropped the daughter off (to protect her) but told the daughter to tell her son to come out and join her, then she drives away with the son (and his gun) so that she is drawing the silver car away from her home because the car will not be parked at the house. Then it seems they can't even hide the fact she and her son went driving around looking for the silver car !!!

That's jaw dropping crazy to me ! Yes, it does reek a little of the son is now armed and they are invincible but how do they even think that story covers the fact they are at that point vigilantes.

Why is my question ? This story starts stinking from the point of the claim that the "mommy of four" victim was out with her daughter giving driving lessons, per their own admission, at 10:50 pm ! Was that the lesson that most driving schools skip.... NIGHT driving ..... NIGHT parking !

There is another part of the story that I question why it's in the picture and that's mommy was trying to "counsel" this young man to the point of having him in their home, staying for dinner, and taking numerous walks to the park with their dog. I wonder if that part is put out there because the husband realizes neighbors have seen him coming and going from the house. The "walking to the park" element of the story is also of interest to me because, although I don't know what that area is like, around my area the parks and, believe it or not, the libraries around here are primary drug dealing locations.

I admit to being the totally suspicious type but if I quirk this story just a bit and start with mommy was in the school lot at 10:50 pm for a drug deal (as either the buyer or the seller )and not a driving lesson and the deal went totally wrong, from there her actions and reactions make a lot more sense.

I do not know the story that well. I have not followed it. Caught the arrest and some of it. Husband said they left in the car to prevent the road ragers from spotting the car. well if they knew each other, then that kind of kills that explanation. The road ragers would already know where they lived. Yep. this is a false story. Drugs are probably somewhere in this.

• Like 1

I do not know the story that well. I have not followed it. Caught the arrest and some of it. Husband said they left in the car to prevent the road ragers from spotting the car. well if they knew each other, then that kind of kills that explanation. The road ragers would already know where they lived. Yep. this is a false story. Drugs are probably somewhere in this.

I agree we aren't hearing all of the story, but she wasn't carrying a gun around with her as was insinuated earlier. I highly doubt she would have been taking her fifteen year old with her to make a drug deal. That's quite a leap. The only way to learn how to drive at night is to drive at night. There is nothing wrong with putting a new driver in unfamiliar situations while keeping on eye on them, in fact I recommend it. It's come out that she had tried to mentor the boy. I have been in a similar situation and they can turn on you very quickly when they are under the influence of drugs. It makes them paranoid of everyone and capable of stealing from their own parents and grandparents to get the next fix. There is nothing rational about someone who is wired on meth or similar drugs.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 4

I agree we aren't hearing all of the story, but she wasn't carrying a gun around with her as was insinuated earlier. I highly doubt she would have been taking her fifteen year old with her to make a drug deal. That's quite a leap. The only way to learn how to drive at night is to drive at night. There is nothing wrong with putting a new driver in unfamiliar situations while keeping on eye on them, in fact I recommend it. It's come out that she had tried to mentor the boy. I have been in a similar situation and they can turn on you very quickly when they are under the influence of drugs. It makes them paranoid of everyone and capable of stealing from their own parents and grandparents to get the next fix. There is nothing rational about someone who is wired on meth or similar drugs.

Perhaps, but night does not start at 10 pm. and why would moving a car from your house hide your residence from people who already knew where you lived. I am not buying this.

Perhaps, but night does not start at 10 pm. and why would moving a car from your house hide your residence from people who already knew where you lived. I am not buying this.

You didn't grow up in a second shift household did you? lol

They are still coming up with the facts from various witnesses. I never trust the original few news reports...they screw it up almost every time.

• Like 1

You didn't grow up in a second shift household did you? lol

They are still coming up with the facts from various witnesses. I never trust the original few news reports...they screw it up almost every time.

I have no idea what growing up in a second shift family means. And I know you do not know me. I just know if someone knows you, it makes no difference where your car is. You are right we don't know all the facts.

I have no idea what growing up in a second shift family means.

You insinuated ten at night was late for them to be out. There is world where people don't work 9-5. My mother owned a restaurant/bar when I was growing up and it wouldn't be unusual for us to be out at three in the morning. There is nothing insidious about being out late.

• Like 3

You insinuated ten at night was late for them to be out. There is world where people don't work 9-5. My mother owned a restaurant/bar when I was growing up and it wouldn't be unusual for us to be out at three in the morning. There is nothing insidious about being out late.

I lived and worked in Nevada on a 24 hr clock for 13 years and I didn't insinuate, I say 10 at night is late anywhere to be teaching a teen to drive a car. So if a mother works graveyard her children are transformed into nocturnal creatures? I have heard nothing about when this woman worked, but even if she was squeezing in some training, the behaviors described are very strange. First we hear the teen tooted the horn and this provoked a road rage. Then while a man gets out of the provoked car, the teen and her mother wait. The man does not walk up to the driver side, but walks up to the passenger side and yells at the mother. Or was then the mother driving? Then the teen and mother drive off, and arrive at home. The ragers are where? lagging behind? just on their tail? but there is enough time to have the daughter exit the vehicle and the son, locked and loaded to enter the car. I assume the mother explained to the son, boy we need to hide this vehicle, bad men are chasing us. No time for 911. Where are the pursuers? So then they again leave the drive, and according to Nancy Grace, to hide the vehicle. Hide it from whom? the people who never arrived behind them? the people who know who they are? If they are not on their tail, how would any stranger know how to find them? Now do you understand? its not the 10 pm, but I do find it strange that this is happening so late. I find it more strange that the shooter or at least one of the people involved is someone the mom and son know very well. It is not about a road rage. what it is about, we really don't know.

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 1

What I heard was that she was teaching her daughter to drive, and they were cut off. The girl honked the horn, and the guy that cut them off stopped right there in the road. He then got out and cursed the two of them out for a while, and brandished a gun. He then drove off. The lady then drove home, which apparently was like 2 or 3 blocks. Then she and her son got back in the car and soon located the truck. They threatened with their own gun and drove home. A few seconds later the same truck pulled into their driveway and the dude started shooting.

The police did not put much out as of yesterday when I was reading on this, but I'm very sure they already got the guy. He lived in their neighborhood and probably didn't get far.

EDIT: Looking at the link. They got the guy. :gun:

EDIT: Looks like it could have been a neighborhood feud kind of thing.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

The suspect lived only a block away. That would help explain a lot. Obviously they knew him somewhat.

LAS VEGAS (AP) — Police made an arrest Thursday in the mysterious road-rage killing of a Las Vegas mother, apprehending a teenage neighbor who had a history with the family before the shootout.

Erich Nowsch, 19, was arrested on suspicion of murder after SWAT teams surrounded his home a block away from the residence of Tammy Meyers, the woman killed.

Authorities believe Nowsch was the gunman in the attack, Las Vegas police Capt. Chris Tomaino said. He has not been formally charged.

Tammy Meyers, 44, knew Nowsch and became a mentor of sorts, giving him money and food and urging him to dress properly, her husband said.

"We know this boy," Robert Meyers said. "I couldn't tell you this before. He knew where I lived. We knew how bad he was but we didn't know he was this bad."

http://www.huffingto..._n_6716056.html

Regardless of what the Meyers's did, this kid is an idiot and needs to be removed from society. I mean REALLY?? He was in his house one block away for the last week plus???? IDIOT!!

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

:tu: I thought that the idea of "protecting" the family by hiding the car was pretty darn odd too but it didn't fully dawn on me that the fact that they knew the attacker, they would have known full well that the attacker knew exactly where they lived, hiding the car by driving it around enters the realm of fully ridiculous.

There also has to be a large chunk of family conversation missing from their report that when she sent the daughter in for her "protection" and at the same time called for her son to come with her (???) I've also lived in a 24 hr. "shift" situation and looking back, although it might have changed the times that I, as the mother, did things, I can't remember it affecting the kids' schedules all that much. One thing that I do remember that it caused was for me to end up with grocery store errands later than the norm (meals out of normal timeframe) So if we accept she simply sent the younger kid in the house and called for the older, my kids minds would have gone directly to, mom's going to the grocery and wants some company. That takes me to the comments from the mother that went into the house with the request for accompaniment would have had to have quickly taken things to the level of possible violence pending. Her second comment sent inside to her son, "If you don't come with me, I'm going to go alone ! " Only adds more questions. If it was so right, proper and an every day occurrence for this mom to be out and about at 11:00 pm, why should "going alone" have been an issue ? To me it's a threat to the son inside that if he fails to accompany her, he will be leaving her in some peril and by the fact that's all we are told mom said, it also implies that at that point with no other information that son knows what the peril is.

As to the fact that he responds by immediately going for a 9mm gun screams out that he was immediately expecting a violent confrontation. So at that point the daughter has to have reported who was involved in the rage. Now if mommy had been so helpful to this killer, given him counseling, money and taking him on dog walks to the park, why would her son's mind immediately go to think it was going to be anything more than another counseling session ? I would actually find it more credible if they had KEPT the gun in the car all the time for protection and he armed himself after he got outside and found out what was going on. I wonder if she or anyone in the family had a license to carry ?

There are a couple of other things that haven't entered this discussion thus far. One is that I understand the first report after the murder included the fact that mom's car had actually been struck on the driver's side and the entire piece of door molding had been ripped off. I saw one reporter actually pointing to the car and it is missing the door molding. Now there seems to be a waver in that element of the story. The later reports seem to indicate the rage first manifested itself by the driver of the silver car pulling ahead of the victim's car, stopping to get out and threaten oncoming harm no mention of striking their car. At that point they seem to be indicating that MOM was the one driving not the daughter. In each and every I've read recently they say that when the car stopped in front of them, the daughter "reached over her mom and honked the horn." Certainly puts the daughter in the passenger seat if she had to reach over the mom and honk the horn.

That leaves us with the midnight driving lesson in the school parking lot. I think we are supposed to believe it was the daughters poor driving skills that caused this but please tell me how the daughter inspired a road rage with another car in an empty school lot ? However, in spite of being in peril from an outraged person while alone in a school parking lot, the mother has gotten out of the car and changed positions to drive home (???) Then the ragers follow, cutting them off by stopping the car and proceed to get out of the car for further threats. Why didn't Mom just drive away ? Why did she just sit there while this 6 ft. whoever strolled on up to the car ? Putting myself in that situation they would have heard my tires squealing to make my get away in the next state.

Of course, we don't know if any of this is true or not since we don't even know if any of the father's howls are true or accurate. I'm sorry, I do see the father's input as bellowing and hollering in the faces of the police like an idiot. Up in patrolmen's faces at the time of the arrest, accusing them of having caused question to this incident by their statements. Oh, come on ! It appears to me that he thinks he can cover up the oddities of this story by his sheer volume.

Anyway, a couple of the reports I've read say that when a confrontation did occur in the cul-de-sac, the mother got out of the car and walked forward, while Brandon, the son, got out and positioned himself behind the car. Per the father, this was again Mom protecting her son (???) While it would seem to me that by going behind the car, Brandon is not only finding a more protected spot, he's also putting himself in a shooter's position.

Lastly, the number of bullet casings they have found on that cul-de-sac also include several 9 mm which is the type of gun Brandon was carrying. I would think that if he returned fire should have been included in the initial story.

I am sorry if I am so disrespectful of innocent people but so far there is not one thing in their story that seems to me like a logical response or in any way believeable.

Edited by Vincennes

I am going to throw something out here. I read through these two articles. Something bugs me. Now the first article says the pursuer got out and they quoted coming back for you and your daughter. Now we rely on the news to declare that a direct quote and it may not be. How did he know it was her daughter? It was dark, and both Nowsch and the victims family act like nobody recognized each other at first. Now the other article Nowsch says a gun was waved from the green sedan in the school parking lot I think. Ok. what if this is the case. Teen daughter was not with mom but had taken the car with maybe her bro or some other friends. Nowsch said to friends also he thought the kids in the green sedan were watching him so he called his friend with the silver Audi. Keep in mind all we know is what the victim's daughter and son said. We have some quotes attributed to the suspect and none say I recognized the victim or the daughter. And from the other side none say I saw Erich. If Erich was hanging out at the school when he saw kids watching him before the Audi showed up, where was he and why would the daughter not recognize him. I think there is a real possibility teen daughter took the car joy riding and someone in that car had a gun. They flashed it at Nowsch and set this all into motion. The teen went home and made up some story and her mother left with the son to go check it out or maybe even to confront Nowsch. Maybe she did not know about any gun being flashed at Erich. I think its possible daughter and son concocted this entire story leaving out her misconduct.

The car stopped and a man got out and warned the duo that, “I’m going to come back for you and your daughter.”

http://www.csmonitor...ante-tale-video

Police said Nowsch told his friends after the shooting that he was a passenger in a silver Audi and saw a gun waved at him from a green car in a middle school parking lot and thought the occupants were after him.

http://news.yahoo.co...-091610459.html

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 2

Ok, I am off work today and have way too much time on my hands, but I have another thought. That quote from the 6' driver of the Audi, "I am coming back for you and your daughter" well I could be "I am coming back to get ya," but the problem with this statement is the first part "I am coming back...." Coming back where? the side of the road? the school parking lot? and where is he going that he needs to come back? If he wants to shoot them, he can do it right then? Why would you say you were coming back to a place the "victim" is clearly not going to be. So I pull you over on the side of the road, and say I am going to kill you, I am coming back with my weapon...you going to wait there on me? I mean I did promise to come back. Why would he not just shoot or say, " I know where you live and I will be coming to get you?" This sounds like an excuse the daughter invented to give justification for her fear and her brother's lethal action, but like most of her thinking makes no sense. Could it be mom was going to find erich for some motherly scolding for his behavior as described by her children not knowing Erich thinks the kids in the green sedan have a gun and mean to shoot him? Could there be a feud between Erich and her kids over drugs or some other vice that the mom does not know about and the kids in the green sedan flashed a gun to scare erich more as a joke not knowing it would escalate. None of these kids will be heading to Harvard any time soon. If you just look at the few quotes from erich and assume they are true for sake of argument it makes more sense than the victim's kids'. And if the green sedan continued some form of harassment like tailing the car and at some point the Audi driver hopped out and yelled, get out of here or we are going to kill you...that would make sense...and then some time later the Audi is confronted by the green sedan at night, and the green sedan follows it down a cul de sac and brainiac Erich decides to pop a few rounds at this sedan with a gun, then Audi driver decides to follow it when it takes off....you can see how this could end the way it did. So Audi pulls up to house, brainiac number two, locked and loaded son starts shooting at Audi, Audi occupants start clipping of rounds like a ghetto drive by and you know the rest of the story. The only flaw in my scenario is how the victim's kids had time to get their story straight, assuming they really did. Police make assumptions all the time. Bad kid comes to house starts shooting might be all they are hearing.

• Like 1

I am going to throw something out here. I read through these two articles. Something bugs me. Now the first article says the pursuer got out and they quoted coming back for you and your daughter. Now we rely on the news to declare that a direct quote and it may not be. How did he know it was her daughter?

The car stopped and a man got out and warned the duo that, “I’m going to come back for you and your daughter.”

That is really quite an interesting catch. Never dawned on me at all. It's interesting that the daughter says that it was a 6 ft. man that got out of the car and walked up to their's. Are we supposed to believe here that although she knew Erich, she didn't know the six footer ? I also wonder why she chose the description of that he was a "man." If she knew Erick who was more or less her age, it would seem to me that if she thought of this as being a compatriot of Erich's he would normally be thought of as another teenager. Wouldn't a more normal word to describe someone acting with Erick to be more like "a six foot guy." Here again I'm taking this as a word for word quote too but it seems like a funny word to use.

This CSM version of the initial event also says that indicates it was the daughter driving and doing the initial honking. Nothing to indicate what caused the honking ? At least that much of the story changes a bit in the other versions where the mother seems to have been driving, the car cut her off and the daughter "reached over" and honked the horn. That particular little bit of narrative strikes me because it sounds like something a teenager would do if they were in an incident that they knew and recognized the other person as a teenager also. I can recognize it as exactly what my girls would have done. As if, here, mom, you aren't telling him off right, let me do it.

:lol:

Ok, I am off work today and have way too much time on my hands, but I have another thought. That quote from the 6' driver of the Audi, "I am coming back for you and your daughter" well I could be "I am coming back to get ya," but the problem with this statement is the first part "I am coming back...." Coming back where? the side of the road? the school parking lot? and where is he going that he needs to come back? If he wants to shoot them, he can do it right then? Why would you say you were coming back to a place the "victim" is clearly not going to be. So I pull you over on the side of the road, and say I am going to kill you, I am coming back with my weapon...you going to wait there on me? I mean I did promise to come back. Why would he not just shoot or say, " I know where you live and I will be coming to get you?" This sounds like an excuse the daughter invented to give justification for her fear and her brother's lethal action, but like most of her thinking makes no sense. Could it be mom was going to find erich for some motherly scolding for his behavior as described by her children not knowing Erich thinks the kids in the green sedan have a gun and mean to shoot him? Could there be a feud between Erich and her kids over drugs or some other vice that the mom does not know about and the kids in the green sedan flashed a gun to scare erich more as a joke not knowing it would escalate. None of these kids will be heading to Harvard any time soon. If you just look at the few quotes from erich and assume they are true for sake of argument it makes more sense than the victim's kids'. And if the green sedan continued some form of harassment like tailing the car and at some point the Audi driver hopped out and yelled, get out of here or we are going to kill you...that would make sense...and then some time later the Audi is confronted by the green sedan at night, and the green sedan follows it down a cul de sac and brainiac Erich decides to pop a few rounds at this sedan with a gun, then Audi driver decides to follow it when it takes off....you can see how this could end the way it did. So Audi pulls up to house, brainiac number two, locked and loaded son starts shooting at Audi, Audi occupants start clipping of rounds like a ghetto drive by and you know the rest of the story. The only flaw in my scenario is how the victim's kids had time to get their story straight, assuming they really did. Police make assumptions all the time. Bad kid comes to house starts shooting might be all they are hearing.

I think the "coming back" possibly says all of that but what I hear is most likely the possibility that Erich and his companion did not have a weapon at the time and the situation was escalated by Mom. If Mom and daughter or Brandon and sister were the ones driving about brandishing the gun, why wouldn't they use it at that point ? If they were out without Mom's knowledge and didn't fire at that point because of that, it certainly seems as if it couldn't have taken Mom too long to jump in the car and join in. So it seems to me fear of being in trouble with mom wouldn't have been a factor.

"None of these kids will be heading to Harvard any time soon." :lol::)))))))))

I do, however, join you in the suspicion that Erich's comment about seeing a gun in the other car might just be factual.

I wished we knew more about the relationship between Mom's kids and Erich. That looks like a pretty dense subdivision and Mom is up on the fact that a guy a block over committed suicide. Had he been acquainted with Brandon ? Or was there perhaps a romantic interest between daughter and Erich ? Everyone is quick to point out that Erich is a pot smoking indigent type who had dropped out of school, seems someone of the kids was up on his life's going on. Certainly he must have come to their house for some reason for Mom to get to know that he needed her "counseling."

Certainly the escalation of this incident by Mom and her posse makes me think of the old man who recently shot the two teenage burglars who were in his home again after robbing his residence multiple times. One of the issues that he was initially brought to trial on was that he had ESCULATED the scale of response to the threat. I guess neither Mom or Brandon had read about this case when they grabbed the family 9 mm and went out to track Erich down in order to "protect" themselves.

I'm going to feel so badly if we find things out later that explain their actions more fully because right now, I feel Brandon should have been arrested right along with Erich.

Edited by Vincennes

That is really quite an interesting catch. Never dawned on me at all. It's interesting that the daughter says that it was a 6 ft. man that got out of the car and walked up to their's. Are we supposed to believe here that although she knew Erich, she didn't know the six footer ? I also wonder why she chose the description of that he was a "man." If she knew Erick who was more or less her age, it would seem to me that if she thought of this as being a compatriot of Erich's he would normally be thought of as another teenager. Wouldn't a more normal word to describe someone acting with Erick to be more like "a six foot guy." Here again I'm taking this as a word for word quote too but it seems like a funny word to use.

This CSM version of the initial event also says that indicates it was the daughter driving and doing the initial honking. Nothing to indicate what caused the honking ? At least that much of the story changes a bit in the other versions where the mother seems to have been driving, the car cut her off and the daughter "reached over" and honked the horn. That particular little bit of narrative strikes me because it sounds like something a teenager would do if they were in an incident that they knew and recognized the other person as a teenager also. I can recognize it as exactly what my girls would have done. As if, here, mom, you aren't telling him off right, let me do it.

Something the son told police was strange too. He said his mother insisted he come or she was going alone. He told her to call 911 but she said she wanted to show him where it happened. What? Show him a dark parking lot he already knew very well? What exactly do they plan to see. Could she have been merely driving back to speak with erich and the son was suppose to be showing her where he was? They never told her they just flashed a gun at him but invented a one sided confrontation to tell mom to explain where they were? Why were they not also on a cell phone with 911. they are being pursued by killers according to them. they are so afraid they do not want these killers to find their house, but no 911. If there is a house phone, perhaps daughter should be calling them. But where are their cell phones? why are they not acting like their lives are in danger. Could it be their lives were not in danger until hey flashed a gun and poor mom does not know they have provoked a gun fight with her ward Erich and Erich either does not know its them or he has a reason to fear her son? Wonder if the cul de sac is near where erich lives and they were heading for his house? I see no real sense of urgency in their actions. And why did the family lie for days about knowing erich was in that car and let the world think it was a road rage incident? Could it be the invented road rage was merely to first cover the daughters mischief thinking that would put an end to whatever she was hiding but mom reacted in a way not expected?

• Like 2

Something the son told police was strange too. He said his mother insisted he come or she was going alone. He told her to call 911 but she said she wanted to show him where it happened. What? Show him a dark parking lot he already knew very well? What exactly do they plan to see. Could she have been merely driving back to speak with erich and the son was suppose to be showing her where he was? They never told her they just flashed a gun at him but invented a one sided confrontation to tell mom to explain where they were? Why were they not also on a cell phone with 911. they are being pursued by killers according to them. they are so afraid they do not want these killers to find their house, but no 911. If there is a house phone, perhaps daughter should be calling them. But where are their cell phones? why are they not acting like their lives are in danger. Could it be their lives were not in danger until hey flashed a gun and poor mom does not know they have provoked a gun fight with her ward Erich and Erich either does not know its them or he has a reason to fear her son? Wonder if the cul de sac is near where erich lives and they were heading for his house? I see no real sense of urgency in their actions. And why did the family lie for days about knowing erich was in that car and let the world think it was a road rage incident? Could it be the invented road rage was merely to first cover the daughters mischief thinking that would put an end to whatever she was hiding but mom reacted in a way not expected?

Your version of showing mom where it happened and not having told mom they had just flashed the gun at him makes total sense ! That would also explain why Mom is said to have walked forward toward Erich while Brandon took position behind the car. If she didn't know what had happened, it would explain why she was going forward just to talk ! Where was the father ? Was he working at the time ?

Edited by Vincennes

Now the husband is telling a slightly different version and making excuses. http://abcnews.go.com/US/road-rage-husband-details-story-shifted/story?id=29172065

now the daughter was yelling mommy mommy and that is how he explains the tall man knew it was mother and daughter. He says son did not tell him everything out of guilt. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

Now the husband is telling a slightly different version and making excuses. http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=29172065

now the daughter was yelling mommy mommy and that is how he explains the tall man knew it was mother and daughter. He says son did not tell him everything out of guilt. Oh what a tangled web we weave.

There is another little interesting detail there from the father. He also says that not only did the son not give him the entire story or the true story, he sort of glides over the fact that the son didn't give the true story to DETECTIVES either ! Now that makes what the son initially related just a little more of an issue doesn't it ?

Here again in this latest video release of the father he keeps referring to the driver as a "man," not a "kid" or a "dude" but for some reason he seems to feel although the killer is younger than his son that this driver was an adult. Why if he has no idea who this person was ?

Why is Papa in charge of all family press releases ? He wasn't even home at the time. Prior to this report I didn't realize Brandon is 22 yrs. old, can't he talk ?

I certainly hope that the detectives in this case are taking this little issue of hiding the facts a little more seriously than Papa is.

I'm no expert on gun laws but I did see one report that this 9mm of Brandon's was "registered." Does that mean that he has a "license to carry?" I realize that this killer kid is not a very likeable individual when you compare it to the "mommy of four shot down by a road rager" but there all of these little tidbits that are now coming out of the Meyers family lead me to believe there is ample evidence here to question if anything they are coming up with now is the truth. No one seems to be questioning the father's statement that Brandon and the mom, came home got their gun and went looking for that car. That screams that from that point forward this actually was a case of self defense and it's proclaimed in a righteous manner that's pretty disgusting.

• Like 1

There is another little interesting detail there from the father. He also says that not only did the son not give him the entire story or the true story, he sort of glides over the fact that the son didn't give the true story to DETECTIVES either ! Now that makes what the son initially related just a little more of an issue doesn't it ?

Here again in this latest video release of the father he keeps referring to the driver as a "man," not a "kid" or a "dude" but for some reason he seems to feel although the killer is younger than his son that this driver was an adult. Why if he has no idea who this person was ?

Why is Papa in charge of all family press releases ? He wasn't even home at the time. Prior to this report I didn't realize Brandon is 22 yrs. old, can't he talk ?

I certainly hope that the detectives in this case are taking this little issue of hiding the facts a little more seriously than Papa is.

I'm no expert on gun laws but I did see one report that this 9mm of Brandon's was "registered." Does that mean that he has a "license to carry?" I realize that this killer kid is not a very likeable individual when you compare it to the "mommy of four shot down by a road rager" but there all of these little tidbits that are now coming out of the Meyers family lead me to believe there is ample evidence here to question if anything they are coming up with now is the truth. No one seems to be questioning the father's statement that Brandon and the mom, came home got their gun and went looking for that car. That screams that from that point forward this actually was a case of self defense and it's proclaimed in a righteous manner that's pretty disgusting.

Are you and mbrn30000 seriously going to place blame on the family that had their mom shot dead? Regardless of what they did, did the mom deserve to die? You guys keep pointing fingers at the family and are neglecting that the kid that shot her is extremely messed up.

Are you and mbrn30000 seriously going to place blame on the family that had their mom shot dead? Regardless of what they did, did the mom deserve to die? You guys keep pointing fingers at the family and are neglecting that the kid that shot her is extremely messed up.

where did we ever say she deserved to die? In fact I think she was walking into something she did not really understand. I just go with the facts, not emotion as you. The story has been morphing for days and even someone who pontificates about blaming the victim has to admit this was never about a road rage, so why did her kids say it was? If she was buying drugs from this kid, which is the latest allegation, then she did play a role in her death. We don't know that for sure, but her husband has denied drug use by everyone but her. So get off your high horse. Something is rotten in the state of Nevada and you and your false shame will never change that.