Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

The United Nations Wants Your Guns America

gun control un united nations arms trade treaty arms treaty

• Please log in to reply
277 replies to this topic

#151    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,950 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:03 AM

View PostMyles, on 20 July 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

In Canada, the gun laws must vary by province.  I know an American who was sent to Nipawin, Sakatchewan to be the plant manager at a facility.   In the 2 years he was there, he was able to take the tests and get the permits to own both a rifle and a hand gun.

Yeah it's not that hard to get a gun up here. Hell with the proper permits you can own a belt fed heavy machine gun.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#152    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:07 AM

14 dead at batman premier. If America banned guns that wouldn't have happened. There were kids there. Now going to the movies isn't safe and you defend your right to own a gun still?

If you live on a farm, buy a dog to defend your flock. a Marmara sheep dog or a cattle dog.

I see no reason anyone needs a gun.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#153    CRYSiiSx2

CRYSiiSx2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:35 AM

View PostZaraKitty, on 21 July 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

14 dead at batman premier. If America banned guns that wouldn't have happened. There were kids there. Now going to the movies isn't safe and you defend your right to own a gun still?

If you live on a farm, buy a dog to defend your flock. a Marmara sheep dog or a cattle dog.

God I'm tired of people like you, especially those of you who are way the hell away from the United States and think you know what is good for us.  But you are right.  Maybe instead of going out with friends and target practicing, and being excited to go hunting with my Uncle in Fall, I should just stay at home.  Sit on Unexplained-Mysteries forums, and hope one day guns are banned, that way all violent crime and murder in the world will stop.  Did BTK killer need a gun?  Nope.  Did the pig farmer in Canada who killed 40 women need a gun?  Nope.  Do some research, almost all serials killers killed without the use of guns.  But, by your logic, these people would have never committed their atrocities right?  But I did have an idea, all you people who want guns banned.  Make your own little town, your own mayor, and your own laws which make owning a firearm there illegal.  Would solve your problem, and would solve ours, so we wouldn't have to hear you people thinking you know whats best for us.

I honestly don't mean to come off as a jerk.  But I've had enough of all the anti-gun people thinking because a tragedy happened, they now have the fuel for their fire.

Give this video a look, maybe it will change your mind.  Guns aren't the killers.

Edited by sktm06, 21 July 2012 - 06:38 AM.

Posted Image
NRA - PROTECT THE 2ND AMENDMENT
my twitter @sktm06

#154    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,735 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:31 AM

View PostZaraKitty, on 21 July 2012 - 02:07 AM, said:

How do you know it wouldnt have happened if America banned guns? How do you know it wouldnt have been worse if he didnt have gun? What if he burned the place to the ground killing everyone? You dont have to see a reason for people to own guns. From where you are, way across the pond, you just have to mind your own business.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#155    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

View Postpreacherman76, on 21 July 2012 - 09:31 AM, said:

How do you know it wouldnt have happened if America banned guns? How do you know it wouldnt have been worse if he didnt have gun? What if he burned the place to the ground killing everyone? You dont have to see a reason for people to own guns. From where you are, way across the pond, you just have to mind your own business.

View Postsktm06, on 21 July 2012 - 06:35 AM, said:

God I'm tired of people like you, especially those of you who are way the hell away from the United States and think you know what is good for us.  But you are right.  Maybe instead of going out with friends and target practicing, and being excited to go hunting with my Uncle in Fall, I should just stay at home.  Sit on Unexplained-Mysteries forums, and hope one day guns are banned, that way all violent crime and murder in the world will stop.  Did BTK killer need a gun?  Nope.  Did the pig farmer in Canada who killed 40 women need a gun?  Nope.  Do some research, almost all serials killers killed without the use of guns.  But, by your logic, these people would have never committed their atrocities right?  But I did have an idea, all you people who want guns banned.  Make your own little town, your own mayor, and your own laws which make owning a firearm there illegal.  Would solve your problem, and would solve ours, so we wouldn't have to hear you people thinking you know whats best for us.

I honestly don't mean to come off as a jerk.  But I've had enough of all the anti-gun people thinking because a tragedy happened, they now have the fuel for their fire.

Give this video a look, maybe it will change your mind.  Guns aren't the killers.

I'm tired of people like BOTH, of you. Serious, what do you NEED  gun for? To kill other people? To feel safe? I'm not watching your video, all argument for guns that i've heard is to protect yourself from your government and to protect yourself from your fellow gun owners. You're right, guns are not the killers, but people sure as hell aren't responsible enough (as a collective) to warrant safe gun distribution. There are too many cases I hear of men killing wives, women killing children, shooting people over arguments. When that kind of stuff stops, then IMO guns will be fine. I see no valid reason other then 'it was written down a few hundred years ago' and 'we needs protections'

Peace will never be achieved with people like you two, promoting guns. They fall in to the wrong hands, and people die. You might be responsible, but that means nothing. You're not taking death serious if you think guns are a good idea. Make it hard for psychopaths to get guns and people will live.

#156    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,735 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 12:07 PM

So let me get this striaght. You admit there are nut cases out there who would like nothing more then to shed as much blood as possible. But you want to disarm me? It was written down a few hundred years ago for very good reasons. But if all you want to see is the fact that it was written along time ago, without any will to understand why, then you stand on ignorance. A gun is just a tool. I could create better weapons to kill people more effectivly walking through a hard ware store. And /or stopping by my local gas station.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#157    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 21 July 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

So let me get this striaght. You admit there are nut cases out there who would like nothing more then to shed as much blood as possible. But you want to disarm me? It was written down a few hundred years ago for very good reasons. But if all you want to see is the fact that it was written along time ago, without any will to understand why, then you stand on ignorance. A gun is just a tool. I could create better weapons to kill people more effectivly walking through a hard ware store. And /or stopping by my local gas station.

If they had no guns, you wouldn't need guns is my point.

#158    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,594 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:32 PM

Guns are banned in almost any country in the world for a good reason: They are dangerous, can kill people, and most people are too irresponsible for owning a gun. And those nations and it's citizens are perfectly fine with it.  It is only you US Americans who somehow claim it would be a natural right to own a gun, as if you guys were born with it. Nobody (sure, there are exceptions) else in the world is eager on having the right to own a gun naturally, as a constitutional right, except for you guys. Why is that? It's for sure not about your safety, since guns do not protect you. Especially not if a foreign military attacks you. Do you know any accounts on how somebody successfully defended his home against intruders, or how some random guy fighted of a crook trying to mugg him in the streets? Well, there are plenty accounts on how much misery guns create.

Edited by FLOMBIE, 21 July 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#159    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,594 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 21 July 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

This might be true. But is this still applicable these days?

#160    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,565 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 21 July 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Do you know any accounts on how somebody successfully defended his home against intruders, or how some random guy fighted of a crook trying to mugg him in the streets?

You wouldn't like any of the pro gun sites that have lots of example so I looked up "muggings thwarted by guns" and "robberies thwarted by guns"  There were endless lists from various sources.

Personally, I know of quite a few examples.

#161    katzemacht

katzemacht

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

I will admit here that I have a gun, a pellet gun that will shoot out somebody's eyes out if they try to invade my property.  I am not a violent person but there are people out there who are.  Times are tough and home invasions do happen.  Luckily never had to use it, and
I didn't even think about it lately until all the news going on.

Posted Image
Jaguars don't have time to wait~
http://action.biolog...action_KEY=1680

Jaguar

#162    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,407 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 21 July 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

Guns are banned in almost any country in the world for a good reason: They are dangerous, can kill people, and most people are too irresponsible for owning a gun. And those nations and it's citizens are perfectly fine with it.  It is only you US Americans who somehow claim it would be a natural right to own a gun, as if you guys were born with it. Nobody (sure, there are exceptions) else in the world is eager on having the right to own a gun naturally, as a constitutional right, except for you guys. Why is that? It's for sure not about your safety, since guns do not protect you. Especially not if a foreign military attacks you. Do you know any accounts on how somebody successfully defended his home against intruders, or how some random guy fighted of a crook trying to mugg him in the streets? Well, there are plenty accounts on how much misery guns create.

So are cars. So by that token should we get rid of all automobiles as too since irresponsible drivers (read: Drunk) kill people as well?

Good for them.

What foreign country would that be? The last major one (England) we sent packing, 236 years ago.

Seems to me that the people pissing and moaning the most about the rights of American citizens don't even live here. :rolleyes:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#163    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 17 July 2012 - 12:34 PM, said:

Maybe you should spend less time worring about us dumb Americans, and subjects here that you obviously have no clue about, and worry more about what goes on in your back yard. Cause frankly the guns we own here in America are none of your business. Then again Im talking to a person who lives in a country where you can be put in a cage for talking about things your government doesnt find political correct.
frankly the bullcrap that happens in the usa affects canada very  much. i never said americans were dumb. you did. i know many americans and for the most part they are great people. it's the very vocal minority in your country that give it a bad rep. you seem to be one of those vocal monorities based on what you're spouting in this forum.
i couldn't care less if you all have guns. i couldn't care less if you all shoot each other and get it over with. your business, as you said.
i do care when it consumes the news and the internet with people flexing their right to own a firearm muscles and making assinine comments to support their cases.
you have no clue what i have a clue about preacherman so keep that to yourself.
you keep bringing up a fantasy incident about someone being put into a cage here, but you have yet to show any proof or documentation that it happened so i suggest you let that go and stop your snivelling because the rest of the world is sick of hearing about your gun problems.

#164    FLOMBIE

FLOMBIE

sapere aude

• 2,594 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 21 July 2012 - 03:59 PM, said:

So are cars. So by that token should we get rid of all automobiles as too since irresponsible drivers (read: Drunk) kill people as well?

Good for them.

What foreign country would that be? The last major one (England) we sent packing, 236 years ago.

Seems to me that the people pissing and moaning the most about the rights of American citizens don't even live here. :rolleyes:

cormac
The difference is: Cars were not designed to kill people, guns were.

I meant that your military would protect you, but not armed civilists. By the way, would you have won the war of independence without your highly trained military allies?

I used to live in the states, and at least for that time those rights were affecting me the same ways they do you.

View PostMichelle, on 21 July 2012 - 02:47 PM, said:

You wouldn't like any of the pro gun sites that have lots of example so I looked up "muggings thwarted by guns" and "robberies thwarted by guns"  There were endless lists from various sources.

Personally, I know of quite a few examples.
I'd like to see a neutral source, no pro or anti gun site.

#165    Michelle

Michelle

Forum Divinity

• 14,565 posts

• Eleanor Roosevelt: Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

View PostFLOMBIE, on 21 July 2012 - 04:11 PM, said:

I'd like to see a neutral source, no pro or anti gun site.

That's why I didn't put a link, but what I typed into the search engine for the examples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users