Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What Else did he lie about?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 6,771 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

View Postninjadude, on 10 March 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

They are not lies. At least not in the results. There are 10's of thousands of employees being put on furlough = already. That's not a lie. It's a fact. Maybe you can live without a few months salary. Most people cannot. http://www.huffingto..._n_2790078.html

As to whether this is an overreaction to the sequester, I can't say.

Here's 6 right here:

http://www.politico....-by-158626.html

As to the actual cuts, there is a great deal of departmental discretion on how those cuts are made and when we see memos like this being leaked:

http://www.washingto...inful-promised/

It's clear that the goal of this Administration is to make the sequester as hard on the American people as possible - punish the serfs if you will.

As Governor Christie said last week, governors deal with these kinds of cuts all of the time.  He stated that he could pull 6 of them together - 3 Dem/3 Rep - and over lunch they could figure out these cuts and no one would even know they had happened.

But then if that occurred, the Administration wouldn't get its pain and be able to blame Republicans.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#17    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,085 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:26 PM

When I first saw the title, I though "ok, what else is Obama doing?" then I looked at the author and changed that to "what is he picking on Bush for now?"  But this is nothing more than a diversion from what Obama is doing.  Obama is driving this nation over the cliff, and ninjadude is hung up on Bush driving it into the ditch.  Actually, Bush was just unable to avoid the ditch.  Frank grabbed the steering wheel and pulled it hard left.

"I gave the instructions that we'd authorize our pilots to take it out,"

And?  Does it matter who gave the order?  It was pretty much a given, given the situation.  Both men were on the same page and that's what the President would expect from a vice President.  This is a non sequitur issue.  All it reveals is that the Emperor is fiddling as Rome burns.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#18    RavenHawk

RavenHawk

Poltergeist

• 3,085 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:27 PM

View Postninjadude, on 10 March 2013 - 02:06 AM, said:

They are not lies. At least not in the results. There are 10's of thousands of employees being put on furlough = already. That's not a lie. It's a fact. Maybe you can live without a few months salary. Most people cannot. http://www.huffingto..._n_2790078.html
This is what a 2% cut does to us?  If that is the case, then that is proof that we are over bloated and in need of more cuts.  If the President cannot find 2% in waste then he shouldn't be President.  Here's a wild idea.  Take the cuts from future growth.  The government grows at 8% a year.  Even after this cut, it is still going to grow 6%.  The President has the discretion of where to make these cuts.  This is basically what Clinton did in his last year to give us a budget surplus.  He took the 8% future growth to balance the books.  He stuck Bush with a 8% deficit right off the bat and Bush wasn't even elected yet.  Please note that this surplus did nothing to effect the debt.

There is a lot of waste in government.  Shutting down Whitehouse tours only gets you $18,000.  And you don't have to have to let illegals go.  It only costs gas to drive a bus full of illegals to the border (especially from Pinal Co.).

As to whether this is an overreaction to the sequester, I can't say.
No…You just don't dare say because it would reveal your dishonesty.

*Signature removed* Forum Rules

#19    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts

• "Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others."
    -Buddha

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostMerc14, on 10 March 2013 - 03:32 AM, said:

What is the point?  You are oblivious.  You don't want to see what is happening. Like Dowd, you are fixated on hating a man from years ago because it is easier to deal with than the fact that the guy you worship is 100 times worse.  Hell, he has cards he shuffles through at night which decide which raghead gets a hellfire in teh morning.  His AG said doing the same assassination in the US on US citizens is perfectly acceptable, at least until confronted.  If Bush had said that you'd have lost your mind so why do you justify it now?

You know, I do not like many of the things Obama is doing, but to accuse someone of "worshiping" him is quite, shall I say, RIDICULOUS.

Let me ask you this- What is wrong with questioning the past, questioning the Bush administration for what they did. Is it not of the utmost importance to understand HOW we came to be in a position where a man like Obama could be elected? For you know, Bush is the primary reason why Obama got elected in the first place. Don't you know this? Or are you just oblivious? Living in a fantasy world where the past means nothing and should be forgotten? Lets all just hate on the current administration and give a free pass to the last one?

Yet I bet once Obama's term is over and some other stooge is elected you will still be whining about Obama and the harm he did to our country. Then I will be one of the first to tell you to sit down, shut up, and pay attention to the current administration. Because that is EXACTLY what you are doing here. NEVER EVER should someone be criticized for questioning and digging into the past. Understanding the past is essential if you wish to understand the present, for the past gave birth to the present. So too does the present give birth to the future. I laud you ninjadude, keep questioning, keep prodding, keep wondering. Do not fall into the easy mindless trap of just hating the current leader, too easy it is to hate the current leader too easy it is to avoid the hard questions of why that leader is there to begin with.

#20    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

I question every single administrations decisions going back to FDR to the present.So many senseless decisions have been made it is hard to believe this country still stands.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#21    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• 1,216 posts

-Buddha

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostRafterman, on 10 March 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Here's 6 right here:

http://www.politico....-by-158626.html

As to the actual cuts, there is a great deal of departmental discretion on how those cuts are made and when we see memos like this being leaked:

http://www.washingto...inful-promised/

It's clear that the goal of this Administration is to make the sequester as hard on the American people as possible - punish the serfs if you will.

I totally agree, the administration is politicizing the sequester and is trying to put all the blame on the republicans. Their attempt at doing this is in many ways laughable.

As Governor Christie said last week, governors deal with these kinds of cuts all of the time.  He stated that he could pull 6 of them together - 3 Dem/3 Rep - and over lunch they could figure out these cuts and no one would even know they had happened.

Haha, you do realize that Obama did pull in speaker Boehner and congressional leaders from both sides and they were unable to make a deal right? Governor Christie can talk all he wants but state government and federal government are two different animals, and right now our congress is pretty much incapable of doing anything for the good of the people. They are even unable to check Obama's executive power in many regards. Congress is failing the american people, and all the blame gets put on Obama. Obama definitely deserves a lot of blame, but congress deserves just as much. If it was as easy as governor Christie said, it would have been done already.

But then if that occurred, the Administration wouldn't get its pain and be able to blame Republicans.

Exactly. That is what this is all about really. The republicans deserve a lot of blame for a lot of things, but the sequester was Obama's idea, and him trying to shift blame onto republicans for it is shameful. But that is politics. I sadly would not have expected anything better.

#22    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• 1,863 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 11 March 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

I question every single administrations decisions going back to FDR to the present.So many senseless decisions have been made it is hard to believe this country still stands.

I agree.

What makes me mad is knowing just how great and flourishing America could be if all of our politicians, top to bottom,  were honest and moral.

#23    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,559 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 11 March 2013 - 05:06 PM, said:

You know, I do not like many of the things Obama is doing, but to accuse someone of "worshiping" him is quite, shall I say, RIDICULOUS.

There's nothing wrong with most of what else you said but you are new here and jumping the gun. Worship is a perfectly acceptable description. Merc knows why he said what he said. You will find ninja to be biased to the absolute extreme.

Posted Image

#24    Einsteinium

Einsteinium

Psychic Spy

• 1,216 posts

-Buddha

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 11 March 2013 - 06:08 PM, said:

There's nothing wrong with most of what else you said but you are new here and jumping the gun. Worship is a perfectly acceptable description. Merc knows why he said what he said. You will find ninja to be biased to the absolute extreme.

Okay I accept that I may have been jumping the gun. I have just seen this word "worship" in regards to Obama thrown out there so often by the right-wing media that I have to wonder if the word itself is being used as propaganda to make anyone who supports Obama seem to be some kind of crazy Obama cult follower nut-job.

But I do accept that some people do seem to think that the ground Obama walks on is somehow holy and some people accept everything he says, questioning nothing, and blaming everything that is wrong with the country on Bush. Perhaps ninja is one of those people. I am new here and I do not yet know the way some people lean. But thanks for the explanation I appreciate it! And I really like this site I do not mean to stir up any trouble :gun:

#25    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,559 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostEinsteinium, on 11 March 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Okay I accept that I may have been jumping the gun. I have just seen this word "worship" in regards to Obama thrown out there so often by the right-wing media that I have to wonder if the word itself is being used as propaganda to make anyone who supports Obama seem to be some kind of crazy Obama cult follower nut-job.

But I do accept that some people do seem to think that the ground Obama walks on is somehow holy and some people accept everything he says, questioning nothing, and blaming everything that is wrong with the country on Bush. Perhaps ninja is one of those people. I am new here and I do not yet know the way some people lean. But thanks for the explanation I appreciate it! And I really like this site I do not mean to stir up any trouble :gun:
That's alright. No trouble from me. I'll probably get heat from ninja for it but that's ok. Happens all the time. I can handle it. I meddle with plenty of Obama supporters but most are reasonable and thoughtful in their opinions even if we disagree. There are a few though that are blind, unnecessarily defensive and borderline religious in their acceptance of Obama's every word and if they do admit to not liking something he has done it is always backed with Bush started it though or it's not that bad.

Posted Image

#26    awest

awest

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostMerc14, on 10 March 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

Hmm, what do you think really happened to Osama?

Well, there is strong evidnce in the Stratfor hacked emails that he is dead, there is also strong evidence that he was not buried at sea as suggested.
"Directors of the private U.S. security firm Stratfor did not believe that Osama bin Laden was buried at sea, according to Stratfor emails published by WikiLeaks.
At 5:26 a.m. on May 2, the morning after Barack Obama announced the successful raid on bin Laden's Abbottabad compound, Stratfor CEO George Friedman sent an email with the subject "[alpha] OBL" that said:
Reportedly, we took the body with us. Thank goodness.
Fred Burton, Stratfor's vice president for intelligence, followed that up at 5:51 a.m. with an email titled "[alpha] Body bound for Dover, DE on CIA plane" that said:"

#27    awest

awest

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

View PostRavenHawk, on 11 March 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

When I first saw the title, I though "ok, what else is Obama doing?" then I looked at the author and changed that to "what is he picking on Bush for now?"  But this is nothing more than a diversion from what Obama is doing.  Obama is driving this nation over the cliff, and ninjadude is hung up on Bush driving it into the ditch.  Actually, Bush was just unable to avoid the ditch.  Frank grabbed the steering wheel and pulled it hard left.

"I gave the instructions that we'd authorize our pilots to take it out,"

And?  Does it matter who gave the order?  It was pretty much a given, given the situation.  Both men were on the same page and that's what the President would expect from a vice President.  This is a non sequitur issue.  All it reveals is that the Emperor is fiddling as Rome burns.
What does it matter if the leaders of our government lied in order to start a war? I would say it matters a great deal, especially since 1.5 trillion of our current debt is directly related to those wars and another great deal due to the lower tax rates and crashing economy which can also be linked to the wars. Obama isn't that great, certianly he is no better than Bush really, but the current state the country is in is due to a complex chain of events, most of which were based on lies.

#28    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Common Sense Aficionado

• 1,575 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:29 PM

My views on politics have nothing to do with the party system,i actually despise the system its only purpose is to have the other side to blame for when things go wrong.When voting one should always go in with a clear thought process of what would be best for the whole country.Unfortunately this is not the case people vote for what is best for their parties interest dividing the people.Politicians figured this out long ago and have used it to their advantage,obama is not the first and will not be the last to live lavishly,spread gov benefits to his backers,and use the blame game to keep his side happy and looking blameless.When i vote i do not care if the person is a repub,dem,or third party if they have ideas that are best for the country and genuinely seem to care about the issues at hand they will recieve my vote.To bad there is not many of these people around washington now days.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#29    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,721 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:49 AM

Ninjadude, when are you going to go after McCain on the forums? I won't try to stop you, so no worries there. lol

Edited by WoIverine, 12 March 2013 - 02:50 AM.

#30    ninjadude

ninjadude

Seeker of truths

• 11,047 posts

• "dirt collects at the interfaces"

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostEinsteinium, on 11 March 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

no. The gun worshiping conservative war mongering austerity one percent loving folks on this site just can't seem to get over the fact that I'm a proud liberal. Obama is my senator, my president and damn right I voted for him. I have repeatedly said those issues were I diverge from his views. I don't go around trumpeting that, because those same folks will then accuse me of being hypocritical.

But I do accept that some people do seem to think that the ground Obama walks on is somehow holy and some people accept everything he says, questioning nothing, and blaming everything that is wrong with the country on Bush. Perhaps ninja is one of those people.

that is in no way the case here regardless of what those folks say.

I am new here and I do not yet know the way some people lean.  And I really like this site I do not mean to stir up any trouble

please stir stir stir. you're doing well

"Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it. Begin it now!""
- Friedrich Nietzsche

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users