Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Proved: There is No Climate Crisis

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1    ExpandMyMind

ExpandMyMind

Telekinetic

• Closed
  • 6,628 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:05 PM

scienceandpublicpolicy.org said:

WASHINGTON (7-15-08) - Mathematical proof that there is no “climate crisis” appears today in a major, peer-reviewed paper in Physics and Society, a learned journal of the 4,600-strong American Physical Society, SPPI reports.

Posted Image Read more...

Lord Monckton’s paper reveals that –

* The IPCC’s 2007 climate summary overstated CO2’s impact on temperature by 500-2000%;

* CO2 enrichment will add little more than 1 °F (0.6 °C) to global mean surface temperature by 2100;

* Not one of the three key variables whose product is climate sensitivity can be measured directly;

* The IPCC’s values for these key variables are taken from only four published papers, not 2,500;

* The IPCC’s values for each of the three variables, and hence for climate sensitivity, are overstated;

* “Global warming” halted ten years ago, and surface temperature has been falling for seven years;

* Not one of the computer models relied upon by the IPCC predicted so long and rapid a cooling;

* The IPCC inserted a table into the scientists’ draft, overstating the effect of ice-melt by 1000%;

* It was proved 50 years ago that predicting climate more than two weeks ahead is impossible;

* Mars, Jupiter, Neptune’s largest moon, and Pluto warmed at the same time as Earth warmed;

* In the past 70 years the Sun was more active than at almost any other time in the past 11,400 years.

you can find the paper here http://www.aps.org/p...tions/index.cfm

#2    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:18 PM

View Postexpandmymind, on 27 January 2010 - 04:05 PM, said:

you can find the paper here http://www.aps.org/p...tions/index.cfm

Lord Moncktons work was not peer-reviewed, he is not a scientist, the SPPI is a not a valid source. :sleepy:

From the top of that article

The following article has not undergone any scientific peer review, since that is not normal procedure for American Physical Society newsletters. The American Physical Society reaffirms the following position on climate change, adopted by its governing body, the APS Council, on November 18, 2007: "Emissions of greenhouse gases from human activities are changing the atmosphere in ways that affect the Earth's climate."

Monckton is a liar and a fraud.
And you never prove in science, you evidence.

Edited by Mattshark, 27 January 2010 - 04:29 PM.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#3    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,800 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:44 PM

"Monckton is a liar and a fraud."
:unsure2:

Does sound rather like how if anyone differed from the official line on other matters in the past, e.g. that the sun went round the earth, they were denounced as a heretic, I can't help thinking.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,931 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 04:56 PM

View Post747400, on 27 January 2010 - 04:44 PM, said:

Does sound rather like how if anyone differed from the official line on other matters in the past, e.g. that the sun went round the earth, they were denounced as a heretic, I can't help thinking.

remember mattshark said he wouldn't even look at his own info. if it said there was no crises as he preaches.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#5    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:02 PM

View Post747400, on 27 January 2010 - 04:44 PM, said:

No, because firstly, he has lied about this being peer-reviewed, it quite clearly states in the article that is not and is well known to have lied about other issues, but hey what do you expect from Thatchers chief advisor (search through my post history for lies by Monckton).
Monckton is not a scientist in anyway.
Monckton is associated with astro-turf oil concern "friends of science"
But feel free to read over the list of errors.
http://www.altenergy...g/Monckton.html

Edited by Mattshark, 27 January 2010 - 05:07 PM.

YNWA

#6    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:03 PM

View Postdanielost, on 27 January 2010 - 04:56 PM, said:

remember mattshark said he wouldn't even look at his own info. if it said there was no crises as he preaches.
Either show where or retract that right now.

YNWA

#7    sepulchrave

sepulchrave

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 05:50 PM

I'm getting nervous, Mattshark.

One (or two) more threads consisting of the opinions (masquerading as scientific evidence) of some bureaucrat or politician (masquerading as a scientist) `disproving' anthropogenic global warming and the weight of unsubstantiated hearsay might just convince me!

Just like how evolution was `disproved'.

#8    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:17 PM

View Postdanielost, on 27 January 2010 - 04:56 PM, said:

Before this gets out of hand... Can you back up this statement? If not please refrain in future from writing such.

#9    Emma_Acid

Emma_Acid

Alien Abducter

• 4,531 posts

• Godspeed MID

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:18 PM

It isn't peer-reviewed, and as APS states, their articles are "a combination of non- peer- reviewed technical articles, policy analyses, and opinion."

"Science is the least subjective form of deduction" ~ A. Mulder

#10    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:23 PM

View PostLottie, on 27 January 2010 - 06:17 PM, said:

Before this gets out of hand... Can you back up this statement? If not please refrain in future from writing such.

Lottie this is about the 5th time he has done such things.

YNWA

#11    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

View Postsepulchrave, on 27 January 2010 - 05:50 PM, said:

I'm getting nervous, Mattshark.

One (or two) more threads consisting of the opinions (masquerading as scientific evidence) of some bureaucrat or politician (masquerading as a scientist) `disproving' anthropogenic global warming and the weight of unsubstantiated hearsay might just convince me!

Just like how evolution was `disproved'.
:lol:

That is the problem with any debate, such underhand tactics are used by some individuals to produce their argument rather than debating any of the real evidence :(.
Copying tactics from the creationist groups is not a good methodology to use.

YNWA

#12    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Unsuitable for large vehicles

• 24,800 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 06:39 PM

The question is, i think, (and I don't want to sound heretical  :unsure2: ), is, if we can take it that it's been proved beyond all reasonable doubt that the climate is changing in the long term, can the experts be really sure (beyond all reasonable doubt) that it's happening more quickly and more dramatically than it's ever done before, and that it isn't in fact a natural fluctuation over time?; how do the experts explain the climate fluctuations in the past, such as how the Vikings were able to colonise Greenland, and the mini Ice ages back in medieval times, when they skated on the Thames and things?; for how long has it been possible to gather data sufficiently reliable to be able to say what they do with any accuracy? Haven't records only been kept in anything approaching scientfiic detail since about the mid 19th century, and it's only been possible to measure the Arctic ice caps with any detail since the advent of satellites, hasn't it?  And if it has been proved beyond all reasonable doubt that this is a wholly exceptional phenomenon, has it been proved (beyond all reasonable doubt) that it's mankind's activities on planet earth that's causing it?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#13    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,931 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:53 PM

View PostLottie, on 27 January 2010 - 06:17 PM, said:

yes i can but i don't want to go through 48 pages to find it.

There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#14    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 29,931 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 07:57 PM

View Post747400, on 27 January 2010 - 06:39 PM, said:

The question is, i think, (and I don't want to sound heretical  :unsure2: ), is, if we can take it that it's been proved beyond all reasonable doubt that the climate is changing in the long term, can the experts be really sure (beyond all reasonable doubt) that it's happening more quickly and more dramatically than it's ever done before, and that it isn't in fact a natural fluctuation over time?; how do the experts explain the climate fluctuations in the past, such as how the Vikings were able to colonise Greenland, and the mini Ice ages back in medieval times, when they skated on the Thames and things?; for how long has it been possible to gather data sufficiently reliable to be able to say what they do with any accuracy? Haven't records only been kept in anything approaching scientfiic detail since about the mid 19th century, and it's only been possible to measure the Arctic ice caps with any detail since the advent of satellites, hasn't it?  And if it has been proved beyond all reasonable doubt that this is a wholly exceptional phenomenon, has it been proved (beyond all reasonable doubt) that it's mankind's activities on planet earth that's causing it?

not according to the chart he keeps posting.  we are on a normally accouring peak, and according to the normal we should start cooling of in oh 10,000 years.

#15    Drago

Drago

Annoying Skeptic Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,562 posts

• Bolted doors and windows barred,
    Guard dogs prowling in the yard,
    Won't protect you in your bed,
    Nothing will, from Pumpkinhead.

Posted 27 January 2010 - 08:07 PM

View Postdanielost, on 27 January 2010 - 07:53 PM, said:

yes i can but i don't want to go through 48 pages to find it.

Translation: "Probably not, since I have a history of only seeing what I want to see in Mattshark's posts, their actual content notwithstanding."

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn.  Cthulhu fhtagn!

Attention all '2012 is when the world will end' advocates: If, on January 1st 2013, the world has not ended, I will expect a written formal apology from each of you.  That is all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users