Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Other cryptids out there....proof?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#31    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:20 AM

View PostSundew, on 29 November 2012 - 01:02 AM, said:

I thought Al was a cryptid himself, the Portly Carbonized Tree Stump.

:w00t:

You know, I am not going to argue the point..............................................

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#32    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:22 AM

View PostStardrive, on 29 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Without a match in the genbank that's the way it is.

Part human though remember :lol:

Common ancestor.

If such existed, we would have a common ancestor, and would be able to make comparisons based on that. The Bili Ape was identified as a fifth sub species of chimp through a scat sample.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#33    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 526 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 29 November 2012 - 02:38 AM

View PostStardrive, on 29 November 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

Without a match in the genbank that's the way it is.

Correct, one might be able to get the family or order, such as canidae, but without a known reference to compare to, getting the genus and species is likely impossible.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#34    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 03:40 AM

well back to the original focus of the post... i personally do not feel there is any strong evidence for any cryptid being in existance hence why they are probably all still considered to be cryptids....but that is just my opinion

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#35    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

I agree, but one has to keep an open mind as well, but not so open that your brain falls out on the floor.

Proof, real proof is what is needed and getting that proof shouldn't be frowned upon.

#36    Stardrive

Stardrive

Resident Bass Guitarist

• 3,117 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 07:32 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 29 November 2012 - 02:22 AM, said:

Part human though remember :lol:

Common ancestor.

If such existed, we would have a common ancestor, and would be able to make comparisons based on that. The Bili Ape was identified as a fifth sub species of chimp through a scat sample.
Yeah, that's what is being touted at this time, part human, part novel somethingorother. But without that novel somethingorother being identified and placed in the genbank we'll not know. But personally I don't put much stock in Ketchum report at this time.

Posted Image

#37    pokingjoker

pokingjoker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

one alleged cryptid that i believe could be a real possibility would be the giant snake in the amazon and in the congo

#38    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:25 AM

View PostStardrive, on 29 November 2012 - 07:32 PM, said:

Yeah, that's what is being touted at this time, part human, part novel somethingorother. But without that novel somethingorother being identified and placed in the genbank we'll not know. But personally I don't put much stock in Ketchum report at this time.

If it is a great ape, and by all reports that is really the only option in our tree, then we must have some genetic commonality.

Remember we did manage to identify the Bili Ape as a fifth sub species of Chimp by way of a scat sample. It seems to me there has to be something recognisable from a primate. Even if it was a marsupial, we have enough on record to trace down a family tree.

And if it is part human/part something else, that something else has to be very, very close to human to provide a viable offspring in the first place.

But it all sounds like a steaming pile of Bigfoot scat anyway.

Edited by psyche101, 06 December 2012 - 07:26 AM.

#39    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:32 AM

View Postpokingjoker, on 30 November 2012 - 01:49 AM, said:

one alleged cryptid that i believe could be a real possibility would be the giant snake in the amazon and in the congo

2 things to consider

1 - If it got out of the water, it would probably crush it's own ribcage, they have delicate bone structures

2 - it would have to eat a great many small animals, because snakes digest slowly, a cow or something would probably go rotten before digestion is complete. Which does not sound to viable for a large creature.

The biggest snake on record is the fossil of titan boa, which attained a size on 42-45 feet. Is that the magnitude you are thinking, or much bigger?

#40    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

View PostOverdueleaf, on 29 November 2012 - 03:40 AM, said:

well back to the original focus of the post... i personally do not feel there is any strong evidence for any cryptid being in existance hence why they are probably all still considered to be cryptids....but that is just my opinion

Again it comes dow to the definition of the word "Cryptid" which really is a very ambiguous description. It seems to mean different things to different people.

Confusing yes, but that is the nature of Cryptozoology.

#41    pokingjoker

pokingjoker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 04:30 AM

to be totally honest i dont recall where i read it but there was a book when i was in school that got me interested in cryptids as there were lore in the amazon i think for a giant ass spider, going back centuries for reported sightings and the same for this gigantic snake, and being as snakes have been known to like other species grow to the size the environment allows, really got me wondering as to the real possibility, i know there are photos that were taken in like the early to mid 1900's that show a huge snake but no reference points to truly show size, just a real WHAT IF....

#42    Jeff Albertson

Jeff Albertson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• We know almost how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of the number of animals living on our planet.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

There are a few cryptids some of the evidence will showed that the cryptid where mised identified  as the case of cryptid such as the Blue dogs a cryptid known from the United States under the name chupacabra this are just coyote with mange. There are many examples of a cryptid being a known animal, or mised identified .Don't think you where looking for them  So for unknown animals the orang-pendix and the batuttut have strong anadoltal evidence which suggest that they exist. I start with that one cryptid.

We know almost exactly how many stars exist in our milkway but we have no idea of how many species living on our plant.

#43    beale947

beale947

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

• There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:46 PM

I think they are interesting to read about and fun to watch programs about, but they aren't real. No-one has any evidence aside from hearsay and pictures of blurry pixels which could be anything.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users