Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Jersey Devil remains

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    cryptidexpert100

cryptidexpert100

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

Suppossedly in like 1957 or something close to that remains were found, they were claimed to look like they could be those of the Jersey Devil. I can't find anything like the location or images or anything but that it was found in 1957 and the government never identified what it was. Does anyone know where I could find more details?

#2    Mad Cow

Mad Cow

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

• “Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.”

---Calvin & Hobbes

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

View Postcryptidexpert100, on 24 February 2013 - 11:06 PM, said:

Suppossedly in like 1957 or something close to that remains were found, they were claimed to look like they could be those of the Jersey Devil. I can't find anything like the location or images or anything but that it was found in 1957 and the government never identified what it was. Does anyone know where I could find more details?

Yes, this is true but it turned out to be a badly decomposed horse carcass. Read the two bestsellers on the Jersey Devil by James F. McCloy and Ray Miller, Jr.

A bear is just a man who made a choice.

#3    Render

Render

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:03 PM

Jersey Devil: Impossible Animal of Story & Legend

A devil is said to haunt the wooded Pine Barren of southern New Jersey. Dubbed the Jersey Devil, it has never been photographed or captured, but has appeared in dozens of books, films, and television shows including "The X-Files."
Most accounts suggest that the creature has a horse-like face with antlers or horns sprouting from the top of its head. It walks on two legs, ending with cloven hooves or pig's feet. The overall body shape resembles a kangaroo, though it also has wings like a bat. Some say it has a tail like a lizard; others say it has no tail at all. The monster is said to kill dogs, chickens and other small animals, as well as leave spooky cloven hoof prints in snow, and bellow a terrifying screech in the wooded darkness.

http://www.livescien...rsey-devil.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users