Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The ideal weapon against Zombies

What weapon?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What ranged weapon would you choose?

2. 2. What melee weapon would you choose?

• Crowbar
    • a broken Pipe
    • an axe
    • a sword
    • a sledgehammer
    • a combat knife

Hello poll visitors,

I hope to gain a public opinion on the ideal weapon against zombies, I will use this information

to help me write my zombie survival guide. If you have any other options please comment, but please

read the very important note.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: when I say "zombie" I mean a mutated human infected by a virus. The mutated human is

stupid and slow, but does not feel pain or fear, has very great endurance, has no instinct of self preservation,

does not reproduce and is abnormally strong.(because it uses it's full strength, while we only use about one third of our strength because it is more effecient and there is no risk of breaking our own bones) I am in no way

reffering to a vodoo zombie or a re-animated corpse as I do not really believe such things are possible. If I hear

anyone say; "they can only be destroyed by fire or destruction of the brain" then I will promtly tell them they

are on the wrong post and that they should go to the "crazy crackpot" posts.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Setton

• Pauly Dangerously

• jaymalteser

Hello poll visitors,

I hope to gain a public opinion on the ideal weapon against zombies, I will use this information

to help me write my zombie survival guide. If you have any other options please comment, but please

read the very important note.

VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: when I say "zombie" I mean a mutated human infected by a virus. The mutated human is

stupid and slow, but does not feel pain or fear, has very great endurance, has no instinct of self preservation,

does not reproduce and is abnormally strong.(because it uses it's full strength, while we only use about one third of our strength because it is more effecient and there is no risk of breaking our own bones) I am in no way

reffering to a vodoo zombie or a re-animated corpse as I do not really believe such things are possible. If I hear

anyone say; "they can only be destroyed by fire or destruction of the brain" then I will promtly tell them they

are on the wrong post and that they should go to the "crazy crackpot" posts.

Shotgun for head shot! One kill shot! Anything dies with no brain!

Hand item Baseball bat (not on list) Axe no go good can stick in body and not be able to pull out!

I chose sniper rifle and sledgehammer.

Even a zombie has to breath, in order to provide oxygen to their muscles.Otherwise they would not be able to move. A decent hit with a sledgehammer would presumably - therefore - 'wind' a zombie, and prevent it from moving for a while.

Sniper Rifle:

The important... the REALLY important feature about a sniper rifle.. is that all the danger is a long way away.

At closer ranges, the (typically) higher power of a sniper rifle would come in handy.

Ideal weapon:

Grenade launcher

Ideal defence

An island somewhere. Pre-stocked with food, and having its own fresh water (spring). Oh... and an electricity plant. And a DVD bush. (or a Bush DVD). And a small library. And large stores of chocolate. Ideally sunny. (perhaps one of the Carribean Islands ?).

meow purr :)

Oh, is it time for the monthly zombie thread again? I'll stick with my tactical tomahawk.

Incidentally, however you decide to cook up your zombie, i think it falls squarely in the crazy, crackpot ideas.

I think I'll rush some Zombie Repellent onto the market to cash in on the craze. Buy one aerosol can and receive another one free, Only $19.99 while stocks last.

The ideal anti-zombie weapon is the off switch to your video game! a090.gif

Sorry guys, I just couldn't resist. :blush:

BTW, my son (age 22) loves these games. He's even taken part in a real life version of the games at University of Mass. See link Humans verses Zombies. :)

I think I'll rush some Zombie Repellent onto the market to cash in on the craze. Buy one aerosol can and receive another one free, Only $19.99 while stocks last.

Better send me 2 then! 2012 and all that ha ha

Definitelly NOT a flamethrower. The only thing worse than a zombie chasing you is a zombie that's on fire chasing you.

I would use tactical deadly sound waves, such as Justin Bieber or Rebecca Black played at 500dB. This would cause multiple simultanious skull implosions.

Will I get a refund if it doesn't work and the zombie kills me?

Under the terms of the disclaimer I am indemnified against any liability arising from unforseeable circumstances beyond my control, or that of my distributors, vendors or their agents. By taking delivery of these goods you agree to be bound by these conditions. In other words, if it fails, "tough titties". <_<

Lilly I'm 38 and can't get enough of Nazi Zombies on CoD lol

I would have to go with a trust pump action shot gun and a machete.

Oh Ships-Cat, zombies don't breath my friend. I know it goes against the laws of nature but that's just how it is in the real world :P

Give me an AK-103 and a Wakizashi and I'll take my chances. Ideally a sidearm such as my HK USP 45 would be allowed in case I had to fight my way to better weapons.

although the baby Katana is a good weapon, I'm not sure it's the ideal weapon in a zombie situation...

I personally would choose a mini gun, but I didn't put that on because no one would be able to carry enough ammo.

although the baby Katana is a good weapon, I'm not sure it's the ideal weapon in a zombie situation...

I personally would choose a mini gun, but I didn't put that on because no one would be able to carry enough ammo.

Mobility is key in long term survival. Extrication is difficult with bulk and weight. Shoot and move brotha! Lol.

I believe being riddled with bullets would cause them to stumble back, so I chose a submachine gun. I would use a sword, which--depending on the blade--could potentially slice through flesh with ease. However, the ideal defense against zombies would be a robot army.

Went with crossbow (silent and recoverable ammo) and sword (has reach, does plenty of damage, and allows for a quick recovery after a strike).

Of course the correct answer is a thermo-nuclear device.

Edited by Corp

I like zombies as much as the next guy...

but my ultimate weapon in combating them would have to be reality.

I like zombies as much as the next guy...

but my ultimate weapon in combating them would have to be reality.

Spoil sport....

I've played that game...Reality. Graphics are good but it takes too long and a lot of the other players can be jerks.

:P

Nibs

I've played that game...Reality. Graphics are good but it takes too long and a lot of the other players can be jerks.

:P

Nibs

Yeah, but the load times are fantastic. The only thing I don't like is the leveling up system is wayyyyy to hard.

Went with crossbow (silent and recoverable ammo) and sword (has reach, does plenty of damage, and allows for a quick recovery after a strike).

Of course the correct answer is a thermo-nuclear device.

I concur