Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bloody Mary

Adam_Askew

i dont know if this should put this here or in gohsts but has anyone here had an experience with it? I've tried it once and nothing happend. I know there are a few varations. So i was just wondering if anyone here had tried it and got anything out of it.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dando Kast

• Bebi

• cyranax

• Sallyk1

It doesnt really work..never tried it but many have. I am a chicken when it comes to that stuff. lol.

What exactly did you do?... this is what your suppose to do:

1) Light two candles (one on either side of the mirror)

2)Make sure the room is dark and no light can get in.

3)Slowly spin around and say "Bloody Mary" 3 times

4)While your doing this keep your thoughts on Bloody Mary

5)b**** Slap Her!!.... she took my hat!

I've never really understood why people would want to summon a woman who when appears claws your eyes out. laugh.gif

I have to say, Bloody Mary was definately one that scared me as a kid... until i did it. Then i felt really stupid.

I never heard the 'spin around' thing, my variation had me staring into a mirror with a candle infront of you chanting Bloody Mary 20 times.

Technically it does work, because late at night with a light so dim your mind visualises what you imagine..

I've never really understood why people would want to summon a woman who when appears claws your eyes out. laugh.gif

I have to say, Bloody Mary was definately one that scared me as a kid... until i did it. Then i felt really stupid.

I never heard the 'spin around' thing, my variation had me staring into a mirror with a candle infront of you chanting Bloody Mary 20 times.

Technically it does work, because late at night with a light so dim your mind visualises what you imagine..

728013[/snapback]

thumbsup.gif Exactly!.. it's all about mind over body

I read about the spinning version and the stare and say it twenty times... just differant ways of suggesting the same thing to yourself I guess.

I think the spinning would work better. At the very least, your friends will THINK you're being murdered in there, since you're dizzy and bumping into everything and knocking stuff over. laugh.gif

The spinning aspect always made me laugh, but I still know people that absolutely won't do it out of fear.... but who says reality isn't what's in your mind?

I've never done it, it scares me too much. >/

*wuss*

Who exactly is she supposed to be anyway?

I heard it was Mary queen of scots but i beleieve there's various versions such as a scorned lover etc.

I never tried it, i have a thing about mirrors, give me the heebie jeebies

728001[/snapback]

Hummm...... I thought it was,

1) Get a Mirror

2) Make the Room Completely dark

3)Say Bloody Mary 5 Times

But mabey I heard it wrong....

Edited by migueltwecorral

i tried this before and my bathroom mirror shatterd. so i suggest to yall never to do it.

there was the one where you say the alphabet backwards while staring at your eyes in the mirror then spinning 3 times saying bloody mary. i did it as soon as i heard of it and nothing.

she took your hat?

728378[/snapback]

I know.. what a b****!

728001[/snapback]

Hummm...... I thought it was,

1) Get a Mirror

2) Make the Room Completely dark

3)Say Bloody Mary 5 Times

But mabey I heard it wrong....

728950[/snapback]

There are so many differant versions of it it's ridiculous.... but they all just 'cause you to suggest something to yourself..... a mirror in a dark room with a flickering candle can create many differant apparitions....

Yeah, I tried it once but I ended up seeing a faint figure of the face of Tony Blair blink.gifwacko.gif

Well, i tried it at my house. Man, it was scary, leading up to it. You spin around so that figure in the mirror might not look like you anymore...

As for the origin of Bloody Mary. She was murdered and had her eyes cut out. I think.

Really? try it out, I can assure you nothing will happen... it's mere self suggestion....

hmm are you allowed to have friends when you do it? ahh it was one of my younger fears. When I was in 1st grade a girl told it to me, and it scared me ever since. Once we were mad at this kid(also in first grade) so we write with a red marker with squiggly handwriting "This is Bloody Mary I am coming to get you". He had to go home he was so scared. We were such nice children huh? wink2.gif

Bloody Mary

Myth: Go into the bathroom, light a candle, look into the mirror with the lights off and the room completely black, and then chant "Bloody Mary. Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary". As you continue to chant your voice should grow louder and louder into a near scream. A woman will appear and scratch your face off.

Origin: The myth of Bloody Mary the mirror-witch goes back to 1978, when folklorist Janet Langlois published her essay on the legend. While some confuse Bloody Mary with her cousin Mary Queen of Scots, that Mary was not known as a murderer (although there was definite suspicion as to how her husband actually died).

It's possible that this game may be inspired by an old form of divination or scrying using mirrors, because both practices involve chanting rhythmically and then looking into a mirror. However, the concept of ghosts and mirrors is an old one. It was common once, when funerals were still held in the home (in the parlor or 'dead room'), that all mirrors be covered until the deceased was buried. The fear was that the departed may catch a glimpse of himself or herself and the mirror would trap the spirit in the house forever. (Coincidentally, the parlor was eventually replaced with a place the family could go to enjoy life and live, hence 'the living room'.)

yah I forget what website that's from, but I copied it a while ago.

When I was a kid of about the age of 7 or 8, me and a few other girls at school tried it in the bathroom. tongue.gif Some of them said they saw something, but I didn't see anything. disgust.gif

Your suppose to be alone when you do it... it's a mere (mirror) illusion that you convince yourself is true... if you come out with cuts all over your face I would go see a psychiatrist thumbsup.gif

Wasn’t his story started in England?

Based on a true story. Someone from the royal family?

Used to murder young virgin girls? So she can bathe in their blood.

Because she thought it could keep her young and beautiful forever.