Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The living dead.

VirusPunk

Do you think the dead will ever walk again, whether its by some voodoo practice or a biological virus that reanimates the dead? I doubt it would ever be possible, and even if it was no living scientist could ever get away with creating a virus like that... But there have been rumors that in Haiti people practice a special voodoo ceremony that can revive the dead by eating a certain species of fish, but some one has confirmed that it was only a state of a coma and not an actually death, the person was announced dead by a doctor only to awaken days later... But you never know, maybe 10 years from now scientists or possibly terrorists can get away with creating a biological weapon that turns the dead to living again, and if its by terrorists then something that would make the dead act in violent ways...

Heres how I see it... (For good purposes only)

First get a dead human corpse (One that has been dead for only about 5 hours or less)

Do an autopsy, just to make sure the organs are not harmed and still intact.

Suck out all of the dead blood, so there are no dead blood cells in the body anymore.

Inject fresh blood taken from a living human.

Open up the body, replace the dead heart with a living heart.

Perform an electrical shock on the brain and heart as many times needed.

Thus your loved one who had just passed away shall be living again...

The bad way...

I don't know how they could create a virus that turns the dead into the living... Possibly a small parasite that rejuvinates(sp?) the nerve system and restores the heart and a small portion of the brain....? But if a corporation turned out to be like Umbrella from Resident Evil... They would need to figure out a way where the zombies would eat another living human thus spreading the virus around... One other way is scabies or rabies or whatever makes people loose control and act in violent ways, such as biting another person...

Discuss...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• distortedpandy

• Claizen

• VirusPunk

• suenamilyn

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i think it could happen...maybe from a parasite... i dont know dude but i support the idea of zombies

curse you smeagol, i was gonna mention the zombie survival guide. it is a pretty cool book to read.

but no, zombies will never walk the earth.

it's a shame to cuz romero flicks rule

the undead was a race of worms that took control of dead human bodies to gain food from other living things. They could even use some weapons. The worms are thought to be exticnt now but i did have a little tango with one once.

Actually they don't eat the whole fish, just some chemical or something that the fish produces.

But you never know, the dead could walk the earth one day, maybe....but not likely. All I know is, every time I watch Dawn of the Dead I get the eerie feeling that it could actually happen some day, maybe i'm just paranoid.....?

Once a body is dead, it cannot walk again. Not for a second.

However, more traditional views of a state of 'living death' are definately concievable. Not a walking corpse, but a human walking in a state close to death with no brain activity and few motor functions.

Take the voodoo zombies. They're men, posioned with the flesh of a puffer fish, and left in a comatic state to which they wake from with no memory, no free will, basically mindless, walking, zombies. Not dead, but not really alive either.

A recent movie concept that could definately be true is that of 28 Days Later. The movie does NOT contain the dead or zombies of the literal sense. A viral outbreak occurs which transforms the host into a creature hungry for destruction. They can be killed, even starve to death, like normal people, they are just in a permanent state of wanting to rip you limb from limb. Plausable? Absolutely. We know so little of viruses and look how quickly they can spread. I'll point out the SARS epidemic i'm sure everyone has heard off. If that virus somehow mutated to affect certain brain patterns, we could easily have had out own 28 Days Later.

Resident Evil senarios in that sense are also therefore plausable, but not the whole 'can't be killed without a headshot' zombs who want to eat your flesh. Just diseased people on the verge of death.

The living dead? No. Not a chance. The body cannot live without the mind and vice versa. Once dead, there is no fuction left. But viral outbreaks? Definately plausable, almost likely.

the undead was a race of worms that took control of dead human bodies to gain food from other living things.  They could even use some weapons.  The worms are thought to be exticnt now but i did have a little tango with one once.

852268[/snapback]

AnuKabal, can you tell me which part of Canada you live in?

I'm Canadian and I have never heard of these, nor have I heard about the other creatures on another thread that you mentioned killing..

I'm a bit spooked now... maybe I should move to the UK...

===================

regarding Zombies, in my own humble little opinion, I don't think they exist but having read a few of the responses, I think that somethings being mentioned are quite plausible.

wow , walking dead, now that would be awesome

live action resident evil, i gotta buy myself a shotgun, just in case

*bannnnggggggg* headshot , sweet original.gif

Once a body is dead, it cannot walk again. Not for a second.

However, more traditional views of a state of 'living death' are definately concievable. Not a walking corpse, but a human walking in a state close to death with no brain activity and few motor functions.

Take the voodoo zombies. They're men, posioned with the flesh of a puffer fish, and left in a comatic state to which they wake from with no memory, no free will, basically mindless, walking, zombies. Not dead, but not really alive either.

A recent movie concept that could definately be true is that of 28 Days Later. The movie does NOT contain the dead or zombies of the literal sense. A viral outbreak occurs which transforms the host into a creature hungry for destruction. They can be killed, even starve to death, like normal people, they are just in a permanent state of wanting to rip you limb from limb. Plausable? Absolutely. We know so little of viruses and look how quickly they can spread. I'll point out the SARS epidemic i'm sure everyone has heard off. If that virus somehow mutated to affect certain brain patterns, we could easily have had out own 28 Days Later.

Resident Evil senarios in that sense are also therefore plausable, but not the whole 'can't be killed without a headshot' zombs who want to eat your flesh. Just diseased people on the verge of death.

The living dead? No. Not a chance. The body cannot live without the mind and vice versa. Once dead, there is no fuction left. But viral outbreaks? Definately plausable, almost likely.

852454[/snapback]

you're living for this day aren't ya Burnsy? laugh.gif

First get a dead human corpse (One that has been dead for only about 5 hours or less)

Do an autopsy, just to make sure the organs are not harmed and still intact.

Suck out all of the dead blood, so there are no dead blood cells in the body anymore.

Inject fresh blood taken from a living human.

Open up the body, replace the dead heart with a living heart.

Perform an electrical shock on the brain and heart as many times needed.

852189[/snapback]

yea it's really that easy rolleyes.gif

you're living for this day aen't ya Burnsy?  laugh.gif

852989[/snapback]

`

laugh.gif not really.It gets tiresome having to explain over and over why a corpse cannot walk around.

I agree with you. BurnSide. The idea of zombies came from those under extreme sedation in places like Haiti. They were buried and then dug back up bc their bodis' processess had slowed enough to keep them from suffocating. For all the free will the poor people had, they might as well have been dead, but keep them off the poison and they woke up.

Not a chance as Burnsy said.. Voodoo magic is just poisoning the individual once they have been classified dead by the local doctor then buried, they were dug up and used as slaves, the poison from the fish placed the body into a coma state but never dead. Once graves were found dug up and the body missing, this started the walking dead Zombie tales we hear today.

I don't believe there will be a day when the dead walk again.

i think it could happen...maybe from a parasite... i dont know dude but i support the idea of zombies

852193[/snapback]

Why the hell would you support the idea of zombies?

My sister has the zombie survival guide book in her apartment, it might belong to her boyfriend I'm not sure. I mentioned that my sister had that same book in another thread like this one. But zombies coming back to life? I have to give that a no. I don't believe in zombies and I don't think that we can make a dead body come back to life. Nice idea for a fanfic or a movie.

couldn't happen. re-placing blood and a heart wouldn't reanimate the person, because all the cells inside the person would be dead.

they have a biological ticker, and once they have copied themselves a number of times, well they pretty much die and are useless.

also after 5 years of decomposing, they'd be really badly decomposed or well into decomposing.

It'll take about 14 days in wet warm weather to decompose a body beyond recognition. After 5 years, you wont even have dry skin left. Just bone.

And the Zombie Survival Guide guys, while an interesting and serious read, is a joke, written as a joke and intended to be taken as a joke. original.gif Although enlightening and interesting nontheless!

I missed the meaning of that comment although it has been a long day?

ellesmere island is one of Canada's largest islands.. or am I missing something ?

Oh, we're talking about the living dead not the living that are "brain dead", I work with plenty of those. rolleyes.gifwink2.gif

I dunno. I honestly hope that the dead can't come back. That would be a really scary thought. Cause my mind always goes to, if it's dead you can't kill it again. Or can you?

Interesting thought though. I've seen some really odd things done when people mess with the supernatural. So perhaps. Let's see where did I leave my carton of salt? I heard that is suppose to be a protectant against the living dead. hmm.gif

40nrockinon devil.gif

zombies can so walk around. they can freagin jump around and do the hokie pokie. you guys better belive a such thing will happen one day..cause if you dont when the apacolypse comes youll be alls like "O NO BILLY TALENT WAS RIGHT " then i will be all like yes i was then i will be king then i will meet billy talent and watch a sasquatch victor over a dead WEREWOLF devil.gif

It could happen the dead are only tools. There are a lot of powerful voodoo priestesses, shamans, and witches with powerful dark spells. I know because I have found a couple of spells that make the dead walk. But luckily no one has tried these spells and I hope it stays that way or there will be consequences.

I agree with what BurnSide said in his first post, maybe not exactly "living dead" but maybe a biological virus that makes a human look and act like their dead... And some how tampers with the human nerve system causing people to riot and attack in violent ways... Or something that would mutate their skin making them look like they have rotting flesh..

I saw the voodoo practice thing on the Sci-Fi channel and they showed how the guy looked after he was proclaimed "dead" fluid had already entered his eyes causing them to turn white, thats what happens when you die... His eyes had no color pigmentation what so ever.

Have you guys ever heard of the April fools joke where they said there was zombies in Cambodia from a parasite that had a new form of maleria? Well I suppose something like that could really happen, except not nessessarily killing the person, just causing them to go into a coma state and attack random people, possibly biting some one in a zombie-like manner.

The story of zombies date all the way back to the middle ages. People used to say that witches brought back the dead by casting spells.

Edited by VirusPunk