Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

16th-Century Priest's Magic 'Superpowers'

Big Bad Voodoo

http://news.yahoo.com/16th-century-trial-records-reveal-priests-magic-superpowers-164838608.html

He claimed to be able to teleport between continents, make himself invisible, make women fall in love with him, predict the future, turn metals into gold, summon and exorcise demons and, most importantly, discover buried treasure.

All of those powers are attributed to demons of the Goetia .He probably practiced ceremonial magick ,which is the foundation of summoning these demons .

Interesting .I've never heard of him .

I read about this a few days ago, it was interesting. If he has these powers why didn't he just teleport out and avoid the trial.

• Like 2

I read about this a few days ago, it was interesting. If he has these powers why didn't he just teleport out and avoid the trial.

Apparently his 'predict the future' didn't work so well for him either....

• Like 2

Did 16th-century priest have 'superpowers' ?

No, he was just surrounded by gullible people...

• Like 2

All of those powers are attributed to demons of the Goetia .He probably practiced ceremonial magick ,which is the foundation of summoning these demons .

Who is Goetia? Btw if such creatures/beings exist why would called them deamons? Im mean seems that they do more good then harm.

If I'm parcing what Simbi said corrctly, goetic daemons are daemons of knowledge from mythology (probably Jewis myhtology).

• Like 1

Who is Goetia? Btw if such creatures/beings exist why would called them deamons? Im mean seems that they do more good then harm.

Well,they're really spirits .They commonly get classified as "demons" ,but they are spirits,with many attributes and abilities .

The first book I ever got on them,classified them into good and more evil ,depending upon what it is they do .

More modern texts just say demons,but they really aren't demons.

I need to remember to not fall into these trappings,of using terminology people use,because they do not fully understand them.

There are 72 of them. They have different abilities ,some very specific,which all sound a lot like what this priest claimed he could do .

http://www.esotericarchives.com/solomon/goetia.htm

Edited by Simbi Laveau

I have two superpowers I can say stuff nobody understands and i can speak to people on other continents. put them together and now I have people I never met that don't understand me. "sigh"

• Like 3

Interesting Guy .. The Cave Part Was Rather Cool, But It Makes Me Giggle How He Liked To Brag Around Town .. Hihihi

its nice to have a nice story like this whether it is real or not so that life will not be as always like this and that.. lets make some fun sometimes....

im thinking where he could be after the trial?..

• Like 1

Many of the witch hunters in the 16th and 17th Centuries, like Cotton Mather and Matthew Hopkins collected all kinds of remarkable stories about the alleged powers of witches and demons, and I have no doubt that these were true--in least in the minds of most people at the time. Obviously torturing and threatening to torture the accused, which was the norm back then everywhere in the world, obtained some remarkable "confessions", as did the belief that confessing might result in more lenient treatment, or at least a more merciful death.

Witchcraft%20002A.jpg

Witchcraft%20005A.jpg

witch4.gif

And Massachusetts today is considered one of the most "liberal" states. See what happens when people move their brains ahead just a few hundred years?

800px-Witchcraft_at_Salem_Village.jpg

salem-witch-trial.jpg

This is the famous Salem Witch House, where Sheriff John Corwin resided. Supposedly as he was hanging the witch Bridget Bishop, she cursed him saying that he would be given blood to drink. Corwin was found dead in this house, evidently choked to death on his own blood, and they say the curse has also done away with several other sheriffs of Salem over the centuries.

SAL_WHOU.JPG

corwinhouse.jpg

lol my thoughts exactly, the goetia thing is the book of solomon isnt it? ( book or key?)