Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

End of the world on 11/22/33

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#61    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

jeanne d'arc, je te suivrai

• 3,607 posts
  • Location:Currently entering that inner landscape connecting those throughout life

• It seems so important now but you will get over.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

View PostAsadora, on 16 January 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

Your reply has sparked my mental thinking.

I wonder how many doomsday preppers are in the UK. Where would they stock all that bulk stuff? The houses in this country are much smaller compared to an average sized American home. (Source: I'm American, but live in England).

I live in a Victorian 3 bedroom mid-terrace with a cellar. Only so much stuff can be stocked in the cellar, or at least that is what my husband tells me, for I have -never- went down there.

Thank you for this delightful ponderment;) I agree we can make a funny out of the situation, but never let a doomsday soothsayer hear, because yes, that does tend to upset them.

'You are on my No list now.'

;)

Oh, I find that skeptics/cynics tend to get more upset than doomsdayers themselves.

And it makes sense, doomsdayers follow their own script knowing society disagrees with their view but they carry on prepping without worrying if everyone thinks just as they do.

Cynics feel everyone should believe exactly as them including sharing their pessimism and are always offended when others don't.

I am skeptical but others have a right to believe as they do and when it comes to conspiracy theories in general (semi-related to doomsday predictions) I assign a lack of feeling in control of your circumstances, environment, and life as the main impetus behind such beliefs and not a general lack of intelligence as cynics claim is the chief reason that others believe.

It is more emotional than intellectual and on that note I fault cynics for both, they are emotional and not very intellectual even if they  subscribe to science. What they do is would rather talk bad and make fun of people than to truly understand why others believe.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

—Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by I believe you, 18 January 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#62    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

Often Unsatisfactory

• 23,832 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostI believe you, on 18 January 2013 - 08:06 AM, said:

Oh, I find that skeptics/cynics tend to get more upset than doomsdayers themselves.

And it makes sense, doomsdayers follow their own script knowing society disagrees with their view but they carry on prepping without worrying if everyone thinks just as they do.

Cynics feel everyone should believe exactly as them including sharing their pessimism and are always offended when others don't.

So doomsdayers aren't pessimistic?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#63    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,607 posts
  • Location:Currently entering that inner landscape connecting those throughout life

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 18 January 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

So doomsdayers aren't pessimistic?

Yes, but not in a way that they project it allover the place as skeptical cynics do.

Nor does the pessimistic worldview of doomsdayers lessen or match the pessimism of cynics.

Nothing is worse than a pessimist who also wants to control how you think and what you believe.

Now  whether the flood of Genesis ever occured there is a truth to it: they laughed at Noah. The fact is that people will laugh at doomsdayers. I already commented on the laughers and they do not do it in good fun. Instead it is a form of social control: "Act and believe like us and we won't make fun of you." And that is where I draw the line, quit trying to control others because it doesn't work.

Instead try to understand others. Why do they believe as they do? That is a more fascinating topic to me than simply saying, "they are wrong, lol, it will never happen."

That all might be true too but I think we all know that already and there are more sophisticated lines of approach to this topic.

Edited by I believe you, 18 January 2013 - 10:43 AM.

#64    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostI believe you, on 16 January 2013 - 07:31 AM, said:

Of course buying in bulk is a recent phenomena due to our dependence on vehicles as a society. Before and hope soon again most people will shop daily for staples and that night's dinner from a store that is walking distance.

Buying in bulk maybe, but storing in bulk goes back to the start. in winter times man would stock up on essentials, but our "essentials" today are a lot different to back then. I think with many, the first problem would be the crash of todays technology which so many depend on, no mobile, no computer, no cars, emails, communications, once the panic dies down, who ever is left will then remember that they need to get food.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#65    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

• WRATH

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:33 AM

Because somewhere out there, a bunch of childish idiots exist who want their stupid cult predictions to come true for whatever reason.

And there are many of these people: they're sometimes called 'occultists' or a more socially acceptable term would be 'Lay people'.

Edited by Sean93, 23 January 2013 - 03:33 AM.

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”

#66    AquilaChrysaetos

AquilaChrysaetos

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• "Some people wish to be the sun, so they can brighten your day. I wish to be the moon, which shines down upon you in your darkest hour."

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:17 AM

New end of the world date: When no one sets a end of the world date, and no dates are set to come.

Jesus Christ - Matthew 28:18-20 said:

"All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

Posted Image

#67    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,075 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:39 AM

View PostHasina, on 16 January 2013 - 02:02 PM, said:

Unless y'all can find it anywhere else online, I believe I made this up, it's just a little gag. No need to make a big deal about soothsayers being false or anything, I was poking fun at the numerology thing that many soothsayers do with their dating and the like.

Yes Hasina, I saw you make that 'prediction' in these forums, right after the last failed doomsday date. The crackpots would have grasped on to the 'new date', anyways. It's not your fault.

On the bright side, only America refers to the date as, '11/22/33'. The rest of us say, '22/11/2033', which isn't nearly as catchy. :)

#68    Jessica Christ

Jessica Christ

• 3,607 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

View PostLikely Guy, on 23 January 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

Yes Hasina, I saw you make that 'prediction' in these forums, right after the last failed doomsday date. The crackpots would have grasped on to the 'new date', anyways. It's not your fault.

On the bright side, only America refers to the date as, '11/22/33'. The rest of us say, '22/11/2033', which isn't nearly as catchy. :)

Thank you for introducing the point that this is an "American prophecy" or at least was created by an American.

That would be my best guess. I am still waiting for someone to add better insight into the train of master numbers this date is using the standard American format.

#69    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,075 posts

• "The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

View PostI believe you, on 26 January 2013 - 08:08 AM, said:

Thank you for introducing the point that this is an "American prophecy" or at least was created by an American.

That would be my best guess. I am still waiting for someone to add better insight into the train of master numbers this date is using the standard American format.

No, I mean Hasina (a fellow UM member) made it up on a whim one day and the OP gave it legs. I don't think that outside this thread anyone else is giving this date any attention. :)

Edit: Oh, okay you gave the OP! Ehere'd you get this date from?

Edited by Likely Guy, 27 January 2013 - 03:12 AM.

#70    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:59 AM

I believe 100% this is going to happen on 11/22/33 and will now live my life according to this date. So let me set the record straight. Party at my place 11/21/33.

#71    Likely Guy

Likely Guy

Undecided, mostly.

• 4,075 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

I believe 100% this is going to happen on 11/22/33 and will now live my life according to this date. So let me set the record straight. Party at my place 11/21/33.

HOUSE WRECKER AT ASTEROIDX'S HOUSE!

What the heck, it's the end of the world ?! Ain''t it?

#72    mike72

mike72

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

Here we go again, lol.  I'm sick of these end of the world predictions.

#73    Muzzybluezzy

Muzzybluezzy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

any doomsday date is invalid because the death is the real apocalypse for every human and the death of the world will be after ending of worldly desires of people (when we all arrive in spiritual awakeness we won't need a material world and the material world will end) I mean we have a long time (at least one hundred years), hence you don't allow frauds that try to lie about creation.

#74    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:50 PM

The person saying this.. is the next scam artists...
trying to get rich from fear of the ignoranat!

Do you Fear The Ouija?
www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUCPmNBbLHM
Wisdom of Magic and Natural Healing Potions enjoy
http://healingpotion...ic.blogspot.com

#75    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,676 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:56 PM

View PostAsteroidX, on 27 January 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

Ar, that is so kind of you, do we have to bring a bottle or are you supplying that too?
Any chance we can kip on your floor and can we get a full English fry up for breakfast?
Is there a dress code and can I bring a few friends?

Thanks, see you on 11/21/33 :w00t:

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users