Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ol' Slavey!

kirp_7

I live in Yellowknife, NWT, Canada and a new monster has appeared. Yellowknife is located on one of the worlds biggest lakes in the world, Great Slave Lake. This city is a rather hot spot when it comes to tourism and it is now even bigger due to a newly discovered local, Ol' Slavey!

No one is really sure what started it all, but when a local newspaper columnist wrote in saying that "maybe our tourism would be boosted by such a creature" people went into a writing frenzy.

Almost everyone who travel the greatslave lake has a weird this happen to there boat or plane or even ski-doo, even my own boat has been jostled pretty hard in 300ft of water and we just claimed it to be the current. About 100 other people have also written to the papers claiming to have either seen or had an unexplained happening when on the GSL. The most extreme case was when a man went through the ice in late spring. The divers hadgone down to look for him like in many cases before, but this time was different. Two of the three divers saw a " snake like animal" moving along the bottom. The divers then surfaces curious to what it was but the Search And rescue workers were clueless. The divers again made a descent but the bottom was very merky now that the bottom was stirred up, but what could have done this? As they surfaced for a second time the crew in the boat looked confused as there boat had just about tipped over by what they thought felt like hitting a rock. To end it off, the body was never found, and the accidents were dismissed as equiptment failures....

WEIRD OR WHAT????

CR, thats the first time I've heard you debunk a cryptid story!!

grin2.gif

Edited by Bizeebutt

I held my tounge. Someone else said this time. Thankyou. lol thumbsup.gif

So... let me get this straight.

No one is really sure what started it all, but when a local newspaper columnist wrote in saying that "maybe our tourism would be boosted by such a creature" people went into a writing frenzy.

A local columnist says 'hey, maybe our tourism will be boosted if we invent a local cryptid' and suddenly, GOSH LOOK AT THAT, the area suddenly has a local cryptid in the lake.

Well damn if that ain't a coincidence!!

Ha ha ha...Old Slavey--that's what my friends and I call 'Old Navy' for the terrible working conditions the people who make the clothes are put through... I know, we are EVER SO witty humanitarians.

Ha ha ha...Old Slavey--that's what my friends and I call 'Old Navy' for the terrible working conditions the people who make the clothes are put through...  I know, we are EVER SO witty humanitarians.

436598[/snapback]

Haha. Yeah, my friend and I call Ambercrombie & Fitch that as well, cause of the horrible working conditions, and the fact that my friend knew someone who fired because he was black and on the sales floor. It didn't fit their "image," and being black, I refuse to buy anything from there (there clothes suck anyways tongue.gif ).

yup burnside...thats pretty much what happened, believe it or not. I know it sounds hard to believe, but its kinda crazy hearing all the stories floating around.

Still...it is a very large lake, and there is some possibility (if these things really do exhist) And if there was a lake with something to the nessie effect in it, this would be the place to look.

My only question, is how would it breathe when the ice froze over in the winter time????

any answers????

Maybe it swims south for the winter.

trippy sort of sounds like an evil nessie that eats people, but seriously I bet you probably have a giant crocodile or something to that affect in your gsl, interesting story and the question is, is it a hoax or the real deal?

Local writer decides to make up a monster for publicity and tourism, and suddenly a monster appears in the lake.

Gee Devilwolf, that's a real headscratcher. laugh.gif

I know, I don't believe this story, I wonder if kirp_7 is the reporter that made up the story?

CR, thats the first time I've heard you debunk a cryptid story!!

grin2.gif

436584[/snapback]

grin2.gif

Haha ericraven laugh.gif

And burnside,you have a good point thumbsup.gif

Kirp 7,it can't exist in that

Devilwolf,possibly...

yup burnside...thats pretty much what happened, believe it or not. I know it sounds hard to believe, but its kinda crazy hearing all the stories floating around.

Still...it is a very large lake, and there is some possibility (if these things really do exhist) And if there was a lake with something to the nessie effect in it, this would be the place to look. 

My only question, is how would it breathe when the ice froze over in the winter time????

any answers????

438216[/snapback]

Ok,why would there be a 'nessie' there? rolleyes.gif I say that the ogopogo in BC exists,at least it's possible there,there is lots of food,a good climate for it,it won't freeze,and many places for it to hide.

Sounds made up.But anyway,it was probably some kind of eel...

436514[/snapback]

I agree with Big Dawg on this one. maybe if you have more stories or proof

Sounds made up.But anyway,it was probably some kind of eel...

436514[/snapback]

I agree with Big Dawg on this one. maybe if you have more stories or proof

438813[/snapback]

Yeah,without proof,or material worth considering,then you can't prove anything really...

• 2 weeks later...

sounds like a fresh water eel, somewhat common around here and there.

sounds like a fresh water eel, somewhat common around here and there.

450966[/snapback]

post-10180-1105840864.jpg

Having trouble believing it...

I say it was falsely put together...

Edited by Mysteryman

Another thing..on the topic name..why would he put "it exists",when he is merely making a speculation on something that has never even been heard of blink.gif

Hes coming to conclusions to quickly and making something that isn't really what it is...(right?)

Hes coming to conclusions to quickly and making something that isn't really what it is...(right?)

452383[/snapback]

Yeah,and he's assuming rolleyes.gif

Like many people have stated before, theirs not enough proof to come to conclusions and assume anything. Possible theories or ideas or accepted, but otherwise, I believe their isn't enough proof to have a say in anything.