Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

[Merged] Interesting possible Bigfoot pic

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#61    Bling

Bling

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:50 PM

It's definately a monster :ph34r:

#62    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:23 PM

If thats a picture of bigfoot than I was smoking a joint with the abomidable snowman :yes:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#63    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,030 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:30 AM

View PostSakari, on 25 November 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

Not sure any will. I mentioned on a few topics now ( so will not go into detail ) I used it at least three times in high " tourist " areas...I know I was seen, but do not know if anything came out of it.

I do not have anyone that can " film " me, I tried with the wife ( may try again as I said ), and a friend....Their audio on film was so horrible, so fake, it would have been embarassing to post...

I tried trail cam pics, but that suit is horrible for that also....I did send those out.

They are on a topic here......

Here is the link,( straight to the pic )   good topic also :)

http://www.unexplain...55#entry4022467
make sure when you do this that the pics you take are blurry. (see youtube video in my last post)

Edited by JGirl, 27 November 2012 - 04:31 AM.

#64    The Unseen

The Unseen

Poltergeist

• 2,774 posts

• Whats out there?

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:46 AM

View PostSakari, on 25 November 2012 - 03:33 AM, said:

I won it :)

WINNER! Bigfoot Prank Experiment
I am so happy to see this contest.

I am involved quite a bit on a forum about "the paranormal,"
and Bigfoot is one of my favorites. (I am a skeptic.) I have
used trail cameras for the last 5 years in parts of Southern
Oregon to attempt to silent some people about their existence.
I live on the Oregon Coast (Southern), and I have wanted for
years to have a Bigfoot suit. I am very close to Highway 101
(500 yards down my easement ), and I have had dreams of
using a costume in different ways as the "tourists" and some
locals drive north and south. I have numerous spots and
campgrounds I would like to use also, Cape Blanco for one. So

Posted Image in short, I would use the costume and video tape different scenarios around Southern Oregon,
camp grounds, Highway 101, and also the Redwoods in California, and with trail cameras. I would
use this footage more as an " experiment " to show how easily people can be fooled.

I hope this is enough to convince you I would use this costume more than once, and would use it
where it would be seen by many.  - Robert, Oregon

Congratulations, Robert! We cannot wait to receive and promote your Bigfoot videos of pranks and
tricks that demonstrate how easily people can be fooled. BFRO and Cryptomundo, be prepared.
Oregon is about to become alive with quite a few Bigfoot reports!

http://www.ourbigfoo..._costume_pranks

I also tried to give it away here for free....I used it a few times, no one filmed it ( or if they did, it is not on youtube ).....Kind of got bored with it.....Maybe I need to get the wife to film a " encounter ".......hmmmmm
Ill be waiting. :tu: :w00t:

Edited by The Unseen, 27 November 2012 - 06:46 AM.

#65    Lava_Lady

Lava_Lady

Official UM Asylum Resident

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts

• Wha? /:0\

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

It's a baby mammoth... or a large hairy toad.  It honestly doesn't look like anything.  Does anyone have time to outline the Bigfoot?  I'm just not seeing it.

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function."  - F. Scott Fitzgerald

#66    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,030 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:41 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 27 November 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

It's a baby mammoth... or a large hairy toad.  
lol
that's got it covered, surely!

#67    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 27 November 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

It's a baby mammoth... or a large hairy toad.  It honestly doesn't look like anything.  Does anyone have time to outline the Bigfoot?  I'm just not seeing it.

I see the "little baby bf's fingers",  clinging to Mama, which I find such a nice touch.

But I don't know how to do the circles and arrows and paragraph on the back.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 27 November 2012 - 07:49 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#68    quasar_kid

quasar_kid

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 04:02 PM

It looks like something suffering from mange.

#69    jaguarsky

jaguarsky

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:32 PM

What bothers me most about this picture is that there is only one. It is not the nature of a game camera to take but one photo of a moving creature in its active field. There should be at the very least a couple of photos of each of the animals visiting the site, unless they were flying/running through at high speed; too fast for the time set on the camera. I would want to see ALL of the pics from that night before I could make any comment about the veracity of the BF claim.

#70    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,878 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:16 AM

View Postsean6, on 25 November 2012 - 12:40 AM, said:

The real mystery here is the other photo on that link...

Obviously a hyena sized shrew, not a coyote. :innocent:

View PostSakari, on 25 November 2012 - 03:45 AM, said:

Not sure any will. I mentioned on a few topics now ( so will not go into detail ) I used it at least three times in high " tourist " areas...I know I was seen, but do not know if anything came out of it.
You'd just have to do it like everyone else... film yourself. Set up a camera so it has a view of a wedge shaped meadow like 100 yards deep, so that you can run across it at different distances and find the right place. Or, the walking around behind fairly light screening branches. Or, walking through old growth timber around noon, at a distance of at least 100 yards. That way it will kind of be dark, or obscured, and with very little detail, yet totally look like a hominid moving around.

Try going around on all fours in a gorilla crouch also. That would be cool to see.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#71    Q-C

Q-C

BugWhisperer

• 5,533 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:57 PM

View Postjaguarsky, on 29 November 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

What bothers me most about this picture is that there is only one. It is not the nature of a game camera to take but one photo of a moving creature in its active field. There should be at the very least a couple of photos of each of the animals visiting the site, unless they were flying/running through at high speed; too fast for the time set on the camera. I would want to see ALL of the pics from that night before I could make any comment about the veracity of the BF claim.

Another thing, BF is sly. Yet she conveniently chose to slide in to gather apples  on the ground in front of the camera and give us a typical tease shot. Instead of picking apples off the tree itself. He said he noticed apples missing from off his tree on Finding Bigfoot..

Edited by QuiteContrary, 30 November 2012 - 07:59 PM.

Bigfoot is in the eye of the beholder

Scottish Scientists Only!

#72    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:39 PM

View Postjaguarsky, on 29 November 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

The cycle time between pictures taken in trail cameras can vary from 0.5 to 60 seconds.  It snaps one photo, then waits whatever time to take the next.  If the model has a particularly long cycle time of 30 to 60 seconds it is fairly understandable that the camera only took one.  By the time it cycled, if nothing else is in range, it doesn't take another.  There are a few models that won't begin to cycle until the motion in front stops, meaning if something was dancing about in front for a hour, you'd only get one picture.

Some of the models that have the night mode, the shutter speeds are also long, or the flash is too bright, all of which leads to image blur or whitening out, or both.

There is also the trigger speed, the delay from when something triggers the camera, and when it takes the picture.  Some models are as slow as 4 seconds or more, giving whatever was in front a decent amount of time to move out of view, particularly if it was already moving.  I believe some of the models the shutter speeds get longer in the night mode, which makes sense as you generally want to allow more light in to even get a picture.

Should check out TrailCamPro.com, they've done a lot of tests on the specifications of various models.  The faster cycle times, faster trigger times, and faster shutter times all add up to a more expensive camera.

Looking at all the models they have cycle times for, 37 in total, 21 of them had cycle times over 5 seconds, and only 5 models had times around 1 seconds, and the average cycle time was 11.6 seconds.

The average trigger time from the 21 models they tested was 1.7 seconds.

Based on this, the average trail camera waits 1.7 seconds after something has triggered it to take the picture, and then must wait on average 11.6 seconds to take another.

What we would like to know is the model of the trail camera used as that may answer many questions as it may have a longer trigger and longer cycle.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

#73    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 13,253 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:57 PM

View PostInsanity, on 30 November 2012 - 08:39 PM, said:

Based on this, the average trail camera waits 1.7 seconds after something has triggered it to take the picture, and then must wait on average 11.6 seconds to take another.

Not in burst mode.....If I have mine ( Wildview using for numbers, low range camera ) set for bursts of 3, the 3 pictures are within 7
seconds of the last.Plenty of time. And as said this is my cheaper ( low end ) camera, a moultrie is faster.....( see pics consecutive below from my wildview...7 seconds apart. )

The " waiting time " is the time when the motion sensor picks something up, takes the pictures, then resets. As said, it does not do that if it is set on bursts, those are taken very fast.

Last I checked cameras average ( mid to high end ) trigger times were less then a second.

SUNP0001.JPG
SUNP0002.JPG

Edited by Sakari, 30 November 2012 - 10:00 PM.

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#74    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 13,253 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:02 PM

Here is the third pic....to hard to resize these with the limitations of the site....3rd was to small to post with other two.

SUNP0003.JPG

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#75    Insanity

Insanity

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

• "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..." - H.P. Lovecraft, "The Tomb", Published 1922

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:47 PM

TrailCamPro's 2012 testing shows the trigger speed on 40 models varied from 0.197 to 4.206 seconds.

I had used the term cycle time, the term they use is recovery time, which is the minimum time between triggered pictures.
You are correct that in burst mode, the cameras can take multiple pictures quickly, but the other pictures in the succession happen regardless if there is an animal in the frame or not.  Burst mode is still is not triggered immediately, and the time does vary from model to model, and depending on the model a few seconds may pass before it starts.

"We see things only as we are constructed to see them, and can gain no idea of their absolute nature. With five feeble senses we pretend to comprehend the boundlessly complex cosmos, yet other beings with wider, stronger, or different range of senses might not only see very differently the things we see, but might see and study whole worlds of matter, energy, and life which lie close at hand yet can never be detected with the senses we have." - H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond" Published 1934

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users