Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Circus big cats stuck in cages for two months

Still Waters

The life of a circus animal is a tough, tragic one but for these 16 lions and tigers stuck in cages at customs for two months it has been particularly trying.

The nine Bengal tigers and seven African lions are waiting in cages in Paraguayan town Puerto Falcon because Argentine officials have refused to approve their paperwork for re-entry into the South American country.

The animals are part of Argentine travelling circus Osvaldo Terry that perform in Paraguayan capital Asuncion every August but this year, unbeknown to their owner, a new law has been passed in Paraguay banning live animal acts in circuses.

http://www.dailymail...uay-border.html

I would like to see them do away with wild animals in circuses. Paraguay is doing the right by banning them. I don't understand what is going on in in Argentina looks they don't want them either. The poor animals are stuck in the middle. I am glad they taking them to a zoo. Somebody must have a heart.

Edited by Darkwind
  • Like 2

Poor animals stuck in that cage for that long. They have to be about coming apart at the seams.

I would like to see them do away with wild animals in circuses. Paraguay is doing the right by banning them. I don't understand what is going on in in Argentina looks they don't want them either. The poor animals are stuck in the middle. I am glad they taking them to a zoo. Somebody must have a heart.

This is one of the few things PETA does,that I agree with .

It's all heinous . I hated the circus from the time I was a small child . My parents would take me,and the minute the animals came out,I would ask to leave,and throw my popcorn on the floor. I was 4 . They didnt get ,and I never really understood why seeing the animals would upset. me. I loved the zoo

• Like 2

Poor animals stuck in that cage for that long. They have to be about coming apart at the seams.

We are still fighting to get that poor truck stop tiger in Louisiana freed . I HATE humans. 94% of them,suck .

• Like 3

We are still fighting to get that poor truck stop tiger in Louisiana freed . I HATE humans. 94% of them,suck .

They keep that poor tiger in a cage all the time. They should give it to a zoo or sanctuary. It's cruel to keep big animals locked up in small cages. If its been locked up for too long it might be better off in a zoo where it will have a good environment and taken care of by experienced people and vets. Hope you win that fight.

Edited by Hilander
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

It's sickening! They should never have been circus animals anyway!

I don't support circuses that use wild animals, or rodeos, or watch TV shows/movies that use any animal other than domestic animals like cats and dogs.

Circus animals are often abused by their "trainers" using cattle prods and getting beaten to submit to doing unnatural, humiliating behaviors.

When I was a child, an elephant from a circus killed his trainer during a show and escaped, running down the streets of Honolulu in panic. He was shot down by the police and killed. We read later about the abuse the elephant had endured for the longest time.

In my mind, it's no freakin wonder the elephant snapped... how many humans have snapped and killed for much less? Countless.....

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 2

This is one of the few things PETA does,that I agree with .

It's all heinous . I hated the circus from the time I was a small child . My parents would take me,and the minute the animals came out,I would ask to leave,and throw my popcorn on the floor. I was 4 . They didnt get ,and I never really understood why seeing the animals would upset. me. I loved the zoo

Completely agree.

I blame the Circus owers for not checking the laws before entering the country. Why didn't the owers shipped the big cats back. This really p***es me off.

• Like 1

My heart goes out to the animals <3 I love animals and I believe they should all be treated fair. This just breaks my heart :(

One reason I left my dog with my then in-laws when I moved from the U.S. to England was because of the required 6 month quarantine on domesticated animals EVEN if you can prove they have been vaccinated against rabies.

Six months.