Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man Detained for Tossing Hamsters Off Terrace

vampgirl

ROME (Reuters) - A retired Italian man could face up to a year and a half in prison if found guilty of killing his six pet hamsters and one guinea-pig by throwing them off his terrace into passing traffic.

The man, detained by police after the guinea-pig crashed into the windshield of a car, told officials that he had accidentally knocked the animals off his terrace while sweeping, AGI news agency reported on Thursday.

Police in the northern coastal town of Imperia discovered the hamsters' bodies littered across the street after the motorist complained about the broken windshield.

By studying the trajectory of the pets' bodies they were able to identify the man's apartment.

Under a new cruelty to animals law, the man could be sent to jail for between three to 18 months for killing the pets. He will also be held responsible for the damage to the windshield

source

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Barnacle Battlefront

• VampChilde18

• alis

• ames2787

crying.gif

Don't let Hammy see this! crying.gif

crying.gif He accidentally swept them of the deck? Yeah right! disgust.gif Oh what I'd like to do to cruel people!!! disgust.gif

How can a human do such cruel things? What did they do to him- poop on the funny pages? crying.gif

I'm going to have nightmares of plummeting hamsters tonight because of this...

How can a human do such cruel things? What did they do to him- poop on the funny pages? crying.gif

I'm going to have nightmares of plummeting hamsters tonight because of this...

Im sorry but that mental image just cracks me up, i can't stop laughing, oh wait, i just htought of the horrible demise th poor critters faced at the end of the long fall, i just stopped laughing, see if i got my hands on that guy, his hampsters would be a lot better off than he would ever be again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr disgust.gif

*packs bag and baseball bat*

Am setting off for Italy folks. see ya soon :-D

*walks off muttering* sweeps them off...mutter mutter...likely friggin story...mutter mutter....

Teddy.

I remember my sisters last hampster *stares off remembering* that didn't end up to well. hmmm, maybe hampsters are a cursed species, doomed to dotter about the earth and die horrible littlt mini drama deaths.

cool.gif por hamsters. i wonder what the people in the car thought when a guinea pig landed on thier wind screen? cool.gif

When i first read the thread title i didn't see the word 'terrace'.

Lol... that changes it quite a bit. tongue.gif

cool.gif por hamsters. i wonder what the people in the car thought when a guinea pig landed on thier wind screen? cool.gif

ph34r.gif AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

ph34r.gif AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Thats what they thought

cool.giflaugh.gif do you reckon they took a detour to the mental hospital, thinking they were insane? cool.gif

Poor hamsters sad.gif , I hope that guy gets what he deserves .

I have 6 pet ratties , I can't imagine hurting them in any way , your supposed to love your pets not kill them !! mad.gif

cool.gif i'd like to see someone throw digby off a terrace cool.gif

cool.gif she would kill you if you tried, she is a blue heeler cross bull terrier. cool.gif

And I have a Red Heeler, cross Bull mastiff..... Not much different in size....... I can toss him around pretty easy

Humans are sick minded animals. The worst of them are the ones without the intellect to truimph over its own nature. I know that there are some perfectly strong humans out there, but roughly sixty percent are prisoners of their own discusting instinct.

This reminds me of a classmate I had on the 9th year... he said he used to clim the trees and drop nests with birds and eggs and hitting them with a golf club ohmy.gif

I can't believe there is people capable of doing this crying.gif