Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Amazingly Untouched Royal Tomb Found

ancient lost found history

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:03 PM

A rare, undisturbed royal tomb has been unearthed in Peru, revealing the graves of three Wari queens buried alongside gold and silver riches and possible human sacrifices.

Though the surrounding site has been looted many times, this mausoleum has managed to evade grave robbers for hundreds of years, archaeologists say.

Long before the Inca built Machu Picchu, the Wari empire flourished between A.D. 700 and 1000 throughout much of present-day Peru. At a time when Paris had just 25,000 residents, the Wari capital Huari was home to 40,000 people at its height, according to National Geographic, which reported the find. [In Photos: Amazing Ruins of the Ancient World]

http://www.livescien...nd-in-peru.html

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#2    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:29 PM

The flask and ear ornaments bring a "personality" to the bones. I can't wait to see more artifacts from the site.

#3    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

• the secret to change is to focus all of your energy,not fighting the old, but building the new

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 27 June 2013 - 09:29 PM, said:

The flask and ear ornaments bring a "personality" to the bones. I can't wait to see more artifacts from the site.
ill do my best to keep updating the news on this site

happiness can be found in the darkest of times, only if one remembers to turn on the light

#4    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,900 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

View Postkannin, on 27 June 2013 - 09:48 PM, said:

ill do my best to keep updating the news on this site
pm me if you are so inclined, thanks! with more on this archeological dig

#5    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 27 June 2013 - 10:31 PM, said:

pm me if you are so inclined, thanks! with more on this archeological dig
shall do

#6    DeWitz

DeWitz

DeWitz

• 1,639 posts

• "Follow me, it's in Room 101."
    Clyde P. Fesmire, PhD

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

View Postkannin, on 27 June 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

shall do

Just think of all the sites not yet discovered, the wealth of evidence yet to be unearthed---and how history is still in the making.

[previously incarnate as 'szentgyorgy']

"Things fall apart. . . it's scientific." - Talking Heads

#7    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

View Postszentgyorgy, on 27 June 2013 - 11:24 PM, said:

Just think of all the sites not yet discovered, the wealth of evidence yet to be unearthed---and how history is still in the making.

I agree my friend, so much knowledge has yet to be discovered

#8    Troublehalf

Troublehalf

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

Sigh. Grave robbers. Thankfully this one has remained untouched. It also seemed to avoid being bulldozed and turned into a road.

#9    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostTroublehalf, on 28 June 2013 - 02:18 PM, said:

Sigh. Grave robbers. Thankfully this one has remained untouched. It also seemed to avoid being bulldozed and turned into a road.
that was a very sad day indeed

#10    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:06 PM

What a shame it had to be disturbed, but if removing the artifacts will save them from highway construction, I guess it would be better to lie in a museum somewhere than to be bulldozed, and better than being "looted," though archaeology is looting in a more formal way, come to think of it.

#11    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postmoonshadow60, on 28 June 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

What a shame it had to be disturbed, but if removing the artifacts will save them from highway construction, I guess it would be better to lie in a museum somewhere than to be bulldozed, and better than being "looted," though archaeology is looting in a more formal way, come to think of it.
agreed

#12    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,238 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

well I couldn't find a good pic of 3 queens with lots of bling, but I did find one pic

Posted Image

:clap:

Great find tho, seriously. Might have been a bit difficult tho having 3 queens ruling or just being wives to 3 kings that is .. unless they were buried at differing times I guess

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#13    kannin

kannin

Punisher of the wicked

• 1,765 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:55 PM

View Postseeder, on 28 June 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

well I couldn't find a good pic of 3 queens with lots of bling, but I did find one pic

Posted Image

:clap:

Great find tho, seriously. Might have been a bit difficult tho having 3 queens ruling or just being wives to 3 kings that is .. unless they were buried at differing times I guess
seeder for the win

#14    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,385 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

I agree that this is an important discovery, on many levels.

Perhaps the most important, as pointed-out, was that this was previously untouched by "grave robbers" or such.

Given that, this is like a time capsule, allowing the experts to further refine the description of the historical events/practices of that era and of that community.

Great find.

Edited by pallidin, 28 June 2013 - 05:59 PM.

#15    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

• It is later than you think.

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:00 PM

View Postkannin, on 27 June 2013 - 09:03 PM, said:

A rare, undisturbed royal tomb has been unearthed in Peru, revealing the graves of three Wari queens buried alongside gold and silver riches and possible human sacrifices.

Though the surrounding site has been looted many times, this mausoleum has managed to evade grave robbers for hundreds of years, archaeologists say.

Long before the Inca built Machu Picchu, the Wari empire flourished between A.D. 700 and 1000 throughout much of present-day Peru. At a time when Paris had just 25,000 residents, the Wari capital Huari was home to 40,000 people at its height, according to National Geographic, which reported the find. [In Photos: Amazing Ruins of the Ancient World]

http://www.livescien...nd-in-peru.html

Slight problem.

The dating of PP, Machu Pichu and most of the ancient South American sites are all heavily disputed.

It's a mistake to assume that the text books dates are correct.

Something happened at PP way into the distant past as evidenced by the cataclysmic destruction there.  I made the poiint several months ago that if the cataclysm had occurred in more recent times people would have had recollection of it.

We find no such thing among the indigenous people of the areas.

Be careful and don't assume would be my advice.

Z

Posted Image

Also tagged with ancient lost found history

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users