Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Botswana to ban wildlife hunting

Still Waters

Botswana will ban commercial hunting from January 2014 over growing concerns about the sharp decline in wildlife species, officials have announced.

"The shooting of wild game for sport and trophies is no longer compatible with our commitment to preserve local fauna," the environment ministry said.

The ban is likely to be controversial as many communities depend on hunting for their livelihoods.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...africa-20544251

• Like 1

Hunting animals for food is not bad, since meat is necessary for us, humans. But, hunting for fun is very bad and had to stop. I'm glad, that they decided to ban commercial hunting, but i'm not sure, if it's gonna respected by the local communities of Botswana...

• Like 1

Hunting animals for food is not bad, since meat is necessary for us, humans.

That is incorrect. It is not necessary at all.

you want the truth!?!? YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!

But seriously, in a real perspective, I would have to agreee on saying that this is a step forward.

Especially with these recent and mysterious massive animal die-offs we should stop altogether now!

Go figure that amidst all of this SOMETHING is being done, but overall in world-view, completely inaffective.

Its very sad seeing the zoo for me. Of course they are not as smart as us, but when you look in their eyes, they know theyre completely restricted from the grand scheme....and the pendulum keeps on movin'.

Its tough to ban the livelihood of your own people. There needs to be another stream of revenue provided which is tricky. If they can somehow find an alternative source of income like tourism, it could possibly work.

I can understand banning hunting if the population of the wildlife is in danger. Can't let them be hunted to extinction. Here our problem is the opposite. Not too many people go deer hunting anymore and the deer are becoming overpopulated. Walk outside at night and you might get run over by a dozen.

The so called experts might say meat is not a necessity but I say it is.

• Like 1

I can understand banning hunting if the population of the wildlife is in danger. Can't let them be hunted to extinction. Here our problem is the opposite. Not too many people go deer hunting anymore and the deer are becoming overpopulated. Walk outside at night and you might get run over by a dozen.

The so called experts might say meat is not a necessity but I say it is.

And you're right ;)

Allow me to have a different opinion. I suggest you read this article: http://fitnessblackb...y-we-need-meat/

You're fitness guru is incorrect on a few points. He claims that protein builds muscle. That's wrong. Exercise builds muscle. He should know that. So you could gorge on beef or beans all you want, without exercise you'll just get fat.

Vegans don't have to worry about getting enough protein. They should concern themselves with getting enough fat, and amino acids.

Dairy products are also unnecessary. We're the only species that consumes milk past infancy. But, you'll find it in any official food group pyramid because of the political/economic of the dairy industry.

Edited by redhen
  • Like 1

Allow me to have a different opinion. I suggest you read this article: http://fitnessblackb...y-we-need-meat/

That's a load of rubbish. I know guys who are healthier and stronger as vegans and vegetarians than meat eaters. All the nutrients from meat can be found in other sources. I know it for a fact because one of my best friends is a nutritionist and wieght lifting fanatic.

I'm also very healthy and while most of my meat eating friends get out of breath walking up the stairs I don't. lol

I don't care if people want to eat meat because they enjoy it, they can live their life the way they want to. But to say we need it is not true at all.

The reason we can eat both was for survival reasons to give us a better chance of gaining all nutrients etc. We don't need to do that now as we don't hunt in the wild and live of the land anymore. We can import and export different food.

The meat industry is as bad as the oil industry for it's silly propaganda.

Spirulina gives you far more protein than meat and makes up for everything meat has. This stuff could feed the starving in third world countries.

Let’s put it this way. As a vegetarian, I’d have to consume a boat load of dairy, which isn’t the healthiest choice and often presents some rather uncomfortable consequences. As a vegan, I’d be gorging on beans (you fill in the blank on that one) trying in vain to get enough protein, all the while cramming in more starchy carbs. Tofu?

This bit made me laugh.

I hardly touch dairy and I hardly touch beans. I have Spirulina which has far more protein than any red meat. Spinach as wlel provides protein. That article doesn't even mention the main Vegetable for protien that was in a cartoon for crying out loud, just proving it's biased.

Factory-farmed meats and fish can carry the heaviest “toxic” burden of our modern food supply. These toxins can be plentiful enough over time to put a strain on anyone’s body, including liver and kidneys.

This part is true however and most people eat this type of meat and then preach how we need meat. lol

The problem is most people don't even bother trying to educate themselves on what they eat.

Vegan Body builders:

profile_avi_3.jpg

joel.jpg

kwilliams2gc2.jpg

main-billy-simmonds.jpg

If you actually look into it, most Vegan body builders have way clearer skin and look far healthier than most meat eating body builders.

You're fitness guru is incorrect on a few points. He claims that protein builds muscle. That's wrong. Exercise builds muscle. He should know that. So you could gorge on beef or beans all you want, without exercise you'll just get fat.

Vegans don't have to worry about getting enough protein. They should concern themselves with getting enough fat, and amino acids.

Dairy products are also unnecessary. We're the only species that consumes milk past infancy. But, you'll find it in any official food group pyramid because of the political/economic of the dairy industry.

Spot on. :tu:

Edited by Coffey