Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Waking up at 3 with bad nightmares?

demons sleep nighttime

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31    LostSouls7

LostSouls7

Lost Ghost

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

I must say I agree.. when you read or see nothing but dark spooky things. You end up dreaming about what you obssess about to much. This is very true..
and such a good point!!

great post!!

I will have to talk to him about this...

the whole watching puppies or cartoons before bed..it a good idea.

Yes it's mostly likly just insomnia..

#32    Ninhursag

Ninhursag

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

• Et In Arcadia Ego

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:42 AM

Cartooons yes, just don't let him watch the Telettubies ..

~ Nothing In Nature Is By Chance... Something Appears To Be Chance Only Because Of Our Lack Of Knowledge. - Brauch De Spinoza ~

#33    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,426 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

I wouldn't worry about it.  I've long had similar experiences to the friend of the OP.

Heck, it's 5:30 a.m. here and I'm just browsing the web for a while going back to sleep.

I've always kepy funny hours.  I commonly wake up for a couple of hours in the middle of the night, read or browse the web befor going back to sleep.  I make up for it by getting in an hour or two in the early evening and sleeping late at the weekends.

And as I am someone who regularly remembers dreams, experiences vivid dreaming and hypnagogic hallucinations, it's not uncommon for these 3-4am awakenings to coincide with vivid nightmares.

I think some of us just have odd sleep patterns combined with very vivid dreaming and related hallucinations.  I personally love it.  Makes night-time more interesting.

It sounds like he's trying or wants to find a supernatural explanation for what is probably just a combintion of insomnia or abnormal sleep patterns combined with the crazy things your mind gets up to during REM sleep and the sometimes vivid hallucinations in the transition from wakefulness to sleep (and vice versa).

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

"If people put enough excrement in one pile they think they can safely claim that there must be something other than excrement in a pile that big." - stereologist

#34    moonshadow60

moonshadow60

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts

• "There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page or just closing the book"... James Wilson

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

I always awoke at 3 AM every morning as that is the time the store next door gets its deliveries and is also the time the street sweeper is cleaning the parking lot at the same store.  The hum from the sweeper and the drone of the truck engines is very annoying.  I also have had sleep latency because I always read in bed at night.  Now I sleep with the radio on to drown out any of those sounds outside the house and sleep much better.  If you go to bed at 9:30 or so and awaken at 3 AM, it could also be that you only require about 5 hours of sleep and will awaken after 5 hours no matter when you go to bed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users