Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Britain 'toughest immigration rules in world'

immigrants mark harper

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 37,027 posts

• Que Sera, Sera - Whatever will be, will be..

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:21 PM

Ahead of a speech by the Prime Minister on Monday, Mark Harper, the immigration minister, suggested people will find it much harder to claim benefits shortly after arriving in Britain.

Mr Cameron is expected to unveil plans to stop immigrants getting council houses for up to five years after they come to Britain. They will also be forced to pay for visiting their family doctor and using other NHS services.

http://www.telegraph...s-minister.html

Posted Image

#2    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,460 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

What a load of tat!!! many of them come here and breed to get the benefits and housing, what are the government going to do about them? they will not refuse housing and benefits for the children!!

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#3    ealdwita

ealdwita

Hwt oredmcg

• 4,675 posts

• Hige sceal e heardra, heorte e cenre, mod sceal e mare, e ure mgen lytla.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

Yeah - and I shall be Queen of the May, tra-la!!

Question....How can you tell when a politician is lying?........All together now.........................

"G a wyrd swa hio scel, ac gecnwan n gef!": "Fate goes ever as she shall, but know thine enemy!".

"I was born with a priceless gift - the ability to laugh at other peoples' troubles" - Dame Edna Everage

#4    MoorWalks

MoorWalks

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

View Postealdwita, on 24 March 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

Yeah - and I shall be Queen of the May, tra-la!!

Question....How can you tell when a politician is lying?........All together now.........................

How doe's it go: "Politicians are like diapers; they need to be changed often and for the same reason".

Posted Image

#5    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

I think a lot of countries are having this problem.  Its the reason benefits are being strained.  I think you should have to live in a country for years and prove yourself as a productive citizen before qualifying for any benefits.

#6    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,231 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 24 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

They wont be able to do this because it will break EU rules. so the only immigrants targeted is non EU migration. like all have said its a load of rubbish.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

#7    skookum

skookum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

View Poststevewinn, on 24 March 2013 - 04:02 PM, said:

They wont be able to do this because it will break EU rules. so the only immigrants targeted is non EU migration. like all have said its a load of rubbish.

Agreed, the Bulgarian Prime Minister had written to the UK parliament long ago to get reassurance that their people choosing to move here after January will get full benefits and priority housing.  They were warned that if they try to block this they will use the full weight of the EU courts to force the UK.

Posted Image

#8    itsnotoutthere

itsnotoutthere

Telekinetic

• 7,009 posts

• Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:51 PM

Anybody with any sense can see what that this is just a feeble attempt to recapture some of the kudos that UKIP have gained on this subject.
So predictable.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.”
― Groucho Marx

#9    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,460 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:40 PM

View PostHilander, on 24 March 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

I think a lot of countries are having this problem.  Its the reason benefits are being strained.  I think you should have to live in a country for years and prove yourself as a productive citizen before qualifying for any benefits.
They should prove they have something to offer before coming here.
You give them a couple of years to prove themselves they would have gained a couple of children by then, and then we are stuck with them, and don`t they know it!
i would like to see if there is a survey out there showing the number of immigrants who have NOT had a child while here over the last 5 years.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users