Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

Space And Time Is The Same

life space time

  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#16    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

    Unknown title error

  • Member
  • 2,932 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

  • Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:10 PM

Oh and than tpu for removing your caps. The post is much more approachable now.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#17    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,629 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 21 July 2012 - 08:56 PM, said:

BTW just to add I believe when tpu said our solar system edge is 40 years away you may have been referring to how long it would or has taken one of the satellites to reach our imaginary end point. Which is only dictated by the speed of the body traveling. Which I have no clue of the top of my head how fast it was traveling. It would be much faster as far as viewing the edge because of how fast light travels to our eyes and forty years is not even close to that mark. I'd have to use a formula to figure out exactly how long light takes to travel from our imagined edge to our earth. Since my time is almost up until Monday someone else will have to do the calculations if this detail needs to be discussed further. I'm thinking hours to days not years. Definitely not years.

Aus, his 40 year guess wouldn't be accurate in any case. The Oort Cloud is believed to be at or near the edge of our solar system and it is about 50,000 AU (astronomical units) away. A conversion of that would be 79/100ths of a light year which is approximately 288 days out (approx. 9 months 18 days) at light speed.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#18    The_Spartan

The_Spartan

    Spartan Forever!!!!

  • Member
  • 3,733 posts
  • Joined:31 Mar 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Abu Dhabi, UAE

  • Gravity is Arbitrary!!

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:30 PM

Oh...How Ancient Mystery-ish and Alternative History-ish.

"Wise men, when in doubt whether to speak or to keep quiet, give themselves the benefit of the doubt, and remain silent.-Napoleon Hill

Follow my stupid posts on Tumblr at Azrael's Ramblings

#19    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

    Unknown title error

  • Member
  • 2,932 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

  • Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 21 July 2012 - 09:16 PM, said:



Aus, his 40 year guess wouldn't be accurate in any case. The Oort Cloud is believed to be at or near the edge of our solar system and it is about 50,000 AU (astronomical units) away. A conversion of that would be 79/100ths of a light year which is approximately 288 days out (approx. 9 months 18 days) at light speed.

cormac
Excellent cormac! I was going off of memory for the most part and I thought I had a reference to one of our satellites reaching our edge being about 40 years or so. So i figured that may have been his talking point.I appreciate the solid info and the reference to the point considered the edge.  9 months and some change... excellent! I knew it wasn't years due to the closest star being only a few light years away itself.  Anyways I was hoping someone would chime in with more specifics. I tip my hat to you :tu:

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#20    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

    Remote Viewer

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined:05 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 21 July 2012 - 09:38 PM, said:

Excellent cormac! I was going off of memory for the most part and I thought I had a reference to one of our satellites reaching our edge being about 40 years or so. So i figured that may have been his talking point.I appreciate the solid info and the reference to the point considered the edge.  9 months and some change... excellent! I knew it wasn't years due to the closest star being only a few light years away itself.  Anyways I was hoping someone would chime in with more specifics. I tip my hat to you :tu:
im guessin jus to give number
but i thin it would take us longer than nine months

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#21    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

    Remote Viewer

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined:05 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

View PostAus Der Box Skeptisch, on 21 July 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

OK light from our sun takes roughly 5.5 hours to reach Pluto our farthest known satellite in our solar system and the light from proxima centauri takes 4.2 years to reach earth so there are at least some references when considering this topic.

light from the sun takes 8 minutes to reach us
but we cant travel at the speed of light

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#22    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

    Unknown title error

  • Member
  • 2,932 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

  • Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

What are tpu arguing this is why I identified the speeds to which I was discussing so there would be no confusion. The potential for how fast man can travel is exponential up to the speed limit of light so for discussion purposes I am using a constant. To many variables with any other discussion as you can constantly move faster and faster just by propulsion itself. Its not like here on earth where resistance is considered. Anyways way off topic and I gotta go for now. See you Monday.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#23    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

    Unknown title error

  • Member
  • 2,932 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

  • Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:29 PM

Besides you started with light traveling to our observation. So I continued on with the same constant.

Edited by Aus Der Box Skeptisch, 21 July 2012 - 10:30 PM.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#24    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,629 posts
  • Joined:18 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Tennessee, USA

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:37 PM

Quote

but i thin it would take us longer than nine months

I hope so, unless you have an FTL drive stowed away in your garage.

Quote

but we cant travel at the speed of light

Naw, Really? Thanks for stating the obvious. :rolleyes:

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#25    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 10,776 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

But surely your argument about life "out there" must also apply here "as above, so below" and all that. If life out there is impossible thus life here must also be impossible.
*at that point WoH disappears in a puff of logic*

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#26    Time Spy

Time Spy

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:here and there... from time to time...

  • Examining history delivers a clearer perspective on tomorrow, while providing a closer focus on the most important moment of all, right here and now.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:45 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 21 July 2012 - 08:57 PM, said:

when u let ur brain free and just think space is really a bunch of nothing that made somthing ov time.

it blows ur mind like jus think of endless space with little particles  that eventullay became mre complex particles
jus imagine a space of nothing and then rocks floating around in space and now we are here.
it jus blows your mind after u open your mind in the first place to comprehend it

That's just the problem.  Our comprehension of the space time continuum is incorrect.  Light is an illusion of a reflection from energy sources not within our realm of solar activity, it is not traveling as believed, but a remainder of the ever evident presence of the energy applied only.  If you could focus clearly upon a celestial object millions of light years away, closely enough to see from an orbital view, THAT would be a reflection of the given star in respect with right here and now.  Anything in between the void is an illusion of an energy signature, and can NOT be brought into focus.

It blows the mind alright to try and fathom the realism.  However just like in the ancient days gone past while figuring out that we are not the center of the universe, the sun is not traveling around the earth, the earth is indeed round...  We are mistake to believe that we see the cosmos as it was 'billions of years ago'.   I don't care what modern day science tells you THAT is a misconception of an entirety that we do not understand in its fullness.  Sure we apply our latest technolgy across our solar system, try our best to focus on the great beyond, theorize on that which we only fathom to contemplate, and then unfortunately incorrectly deliberate to the most educated majortiy that ruled on the accepted opinion from simple devices made on this planet.  The elemental forces of the Universe are NOT subject in respect to our mere mortal reality, and being like nothing upon this world they do not follow suit to our data ananlysis.   Understanding this is the first step.

I don't mean to undermind and agravate everyone, as I know you believe what you have been taught.  Still facts and truth are not always as simple nor as seemingly evident as first assumed, just look at the history of astronomy throughout the ages.  Learning from our mistakes is advancement in technolgy and intellectual graduation in scienctific relations..

Edited by Time Spy, 21 July 2012 - 10:47 PM.


#27    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

    Remote Viewer

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined:05 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 21 July 2012 - 10:41 PM, said:

But surely your argument about life "out there" must also apply here "as above, so below" and all that. If life out there is impossible thus life here must also be impossible.
*at that point WoH disappears in a puff of logic*

we are here due to chaos -
the chaos theory

every individual animal plant and human are unique and so are planets
there is no planets out there like ours. we are hopin we can find something like it

we are the definition of life without us its no life

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#28    MR.Blueprint

MR.Blueprint

    Remote Viewer

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Joined:05 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Male

  • "Nothing Stays The Same" -Thomas Blueprint

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostTime Spy, on 21 July 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:

That's just the problem.  Our comprehension of the space time continuum is incorrect.  Light is an illusion of a reflection from energy sources not within our realm of solar activity, it is not traveling as believed, but a remainder of the ever evident presence of the energy applied only.  If you could focus clearly upon a celestial object millions of light years away, closely enough to see from an orbital view, THAT would be a reflection of the given star in respect with right here and now.  Anything in between the void is an illusion of an energy signature, and can NOT be brought into focus.

It blows the mind alright to try and fathom the realism.  However just like in the ancient days gone past while figuring out that we are not the center of the universe, the sun is not traveling around the earth, the earth is indeed round...  We are mistake to believe that we see the cosmos as it was 'billions of years ago'.   I don't care what modern day science tells you THAT is a misconception of an entirety that we do not understand in its fullness.  Sure we apply our latest technolgy across our solar system, try our best to focus on the great beyond, theorize on that which we only fathom to contemplate, and then unfortunately incorrectly deliberate to the most educated majortiy that ruled on the accepted opinion from simple devices made on this planet.  The elemental forces of the Universe are NOT subject in respect to our mere mortal reality, and being like nothing upon this world they do not follow suit to our data ananlysis.   Understanding this is the first step.

I don't mean to undermind and agravate everyone, as I know you believe what you have been taught.  Still facts and truth are not always as simple nor as seemingly evident as first assumed, just look at the history of astronomy throughout the ages.  Learning from our mistakes is advancement in technolgy and intellectual graduation in scienctific relations..

i understand what u saying but nasa have plenty of objects that they shot into space and have kept up with the object travels and time so nasa should have a good idea in understanding space and time even.
we all no light isnt instant right?
so we know that light takes time to travel over a distance

"Ignorance has no place in a debate" -Dr. Thomas Blueprint

#29    Time Spy

Time Spy

    Apparition

  • Member
  • PipPip
  • 352 posts
  • Joined:13 Aug 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:here and there... from time to time...

  • Examining history delivers a clearer perspective on tomorrow, while providing a closer focus on the most important moment of all, right here and now.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

View PostMR.Blueprint, on 21 July 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

i understand what u saying but nasa have plenty of objects that they shot into space and have kept up with the object travels and time so nasa should have a good idea in understanding space and time even.
we all no light isnt instant right?
so we know that light takes time to travel over a distance

Light takes time to travel within the realm of our respective observation.  NASA does it's best, and at it's upmost understanding realizes that admitting their mistakes doesn't settle well with share holders nor grants of future fundamental factors.  Assuming much more than what is known is what they're really good at.  Such as proposing that with millions of stars bearing even more planets in just this galaxy alone, could possibly point to our planet being the only one with life evident to pertain is not only naive, selfish, ridiculous, but simply WRONG.  Life DID NOT originate on this planet.  Our DNA was put into a biological form in a world that changed because of mistakes made in the ecosystem.  Once upon a 'time' death was not even in the picture.  That 'time' will come again.

Edited by Time Spy, 21 July 2012 - 11:11 PM.


#30    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

    Unknown title error

  • Member
  • 2,932 posts
  • Joined:19 Aug 2010
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

  • Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

View PostTime Spy, on 21 July 2012 - 10:45 PM, said:



That's just the problem.  Our comprehension of the space time continuum is incorrect.  Light is an illusion of a reflection from energy sources not within our realm of solar activity, it is not traveling as believed, but a remainder of the ever evident presence of the energy applied only.  If you could focus clearly upon a celestial object millions of light years away, closely enough to see from an orbital view, THAT would be a reflection of the given star in respect with right here and now.  Anything in between the void is an illusion of an energy signature, and can NOT be brought into focus.

It blows the mind alright to try and fathom the realism.  However just like in the ancient days gone past while figuring out that we are not the center of the universe, the sun is not traveling around the earth, the earth is indeed round...  We are mistake to believe that we see the cosmos as it was 'billions of years ago'.   I don't care what modern day science tells you THAT is a misconception of an entirety that we do not understand in its fullness.  Sure we apply our latest technolgy across our solar system, try our best to focus on the great beyond, theorize on that which we only fathom to contemplate, and then unfortunately incorrectly deliberate to the most educated majortiy that ruled on the accepted opinion from simple devices made on this planet.  The elemental forces of the Universe are NOT subject in respect to our mere mortal reality, and being like nothing upon this world they do not follow suit to our data ananlysis.   Understanding this is the first step.

I don't mean to undermind and agravate everyone, as I know you believe what you have been taught.  Still facts and truth are not always as simple nor as seemingly evident as first assumed, just look at the history of astronomy throughout the ages.  Learning from our mistakes is advancement in technolgy and intellectual graduation in scienctific relations..
Lol yeah cause what I was trying to explain was easy

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."





Also tagged with life, space, time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users