Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what is the greatest trick

cyrus11

what is the greatest trick the devil has played on man? to make man think he doesn't exist?

hmm... what about to make man think the devil is god.. so man willingly give him his soul?

suppose jesus was the anti-christ? and the anti-christ we all believe to come in the near future is the actual christ... if we killed off the actual christ thinking hes the devil....wouldn't god get angry and destroy us all? as it would be the end of the world prophecized??

the devil would be more likely to advertise himself, slandering his opponent, making the opposite as horrible as possible... what if satan was the real deal...and jesus was the wolf in sheeps clothing?

A real god doesn't need to publicize himself or trying to preach his word the way religion is today... a real god let you find him.. not by propaganda and advertising and scare tactics..the fear of eternal damnation...

so think about it.. what really is the greates trick the devil has played on man?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• zandore

• LoopyLou

• draconic chronicler

Well more people kill in Christ's name than Satan's :P

But perhaps that's because they are so passionate about their faith.

Very Usual Suspects...

I dont know what he has done but it says in the bible...some religions say that the devil and god are having a spiritual war between good and evil so maybe that trick triggered the war

exactly! what kind of god would allow killing in the name of him? isn't killing a sin?? isn't worshiping false god or statue a sin? i.e. the cross, jesus on cross...

thats more souls for the true devil.

Actually to me, Satan and God make quite a team. And this is evident in the Book of Job. Satan asks permission from God to harm Job. And if God is all-knowing, he had to have known what the devil was up to in the Garden of Eden (I don't believe this though).

ahahhahah if god is all knowing.. then why would god test man if god already know the outcome of any test.. so what good is a test if there is no need for it? what good is free will if god already know what you are going to do and the path you lead? doesn't logic just basically tears apart the whole god, divine thing? i wonder what excuses and explanations the bible people are going to respond with.

Don;t people say that it was

"convincing the world he doesn;t exist."?

ahahhahah if god is all knowing.. then why would god test man if god already know the outcome of any test.. so what good is a test if there is no need for it? what good is free will if god already know what you are going to do and the path you lead? doesn't logic just basically tears apart the whole god, divine thing? i wonder what excuses and explanations the bible people are going to respond with.

I feel that god isn't detatched, like you seem to imply. God would be experiencing the test and conducting it at the same time.

ok? why would you experience and conduct the test if you already know the outcome? how many times can you do something when you already know the outcome will be before you get bored out of your mind? so is god all knowing or not knowing at all?

god seem to contradict himself all the time.

ok? why would you experience and conduct the test if you already know the outcome? how many times can you do something when you already know the outcome will be before you get bored out of your mind? so is god all knowing or not knowing at all?

god seem to contradict himself all the time.

:rolleyes: God has not contradicted himself the men that have written & re-written what they think is Gods word are guilty of the contradictions....not God...in fact I don't believe the bible really is the word of God

If we have free-will, I believe that God would have prepared the way for either choice. It is like climbing a tree. Who knows which branch you will take, but the rest of the tree all leads up to the same place. The Top.

BM brought up a good point. Some believe it is the word of God based on text that was written by man. How do we really know God's attributes?

Yeah, and it is so badly interpretated, can you believe that some people don't know who was jesus father? :P

Maybe, the devil has managed to force man into adding false information into the bible to make it "contradict" itself. Just a thought. But I know how people will reply to this xD. "It's just an excuse!". But maybe Satan is confusing us with God's "false attributes".

To see if the righteous can weed out the lies from the truth. Sometimes lying is necessary to get a point across. To deceive, even for a moment, can be very virtuous indeed.

But no one will believe the righteous. They'll just say it's an excuse for the parts that contradict themselves, lol.

Edited by ZeroShadow

Yes. Very unfortunate. If anything similar to that would be true, barley anyone would be believing the truth =/

When is it ok to even consider such things? Never? =/

Edited by ZeroShadow

BM brought up a good point. Some believe it is the word of God based on text that was written by man. How do we really know God's attributes?

We don't..but some think he does

Tests still need to be completed, doesn't matter of the outcome, somethings still need to be done. I know if Im thirsty, I need to drink some water to wipe away the thirst. Knowing the outcome does not entail I don't still have to do what I have to do. God knew the outcomes, but he still had to do what he needed to receive that outcome.

As far as the Satans greatest trick, by far making the world believe he doesn't exist. With this, no one is afraid to sin, and no one will beleive in God if they do not believe in Satan. Therefore it's a win, win situation for Satan.

Well more people kill in Christ's name than Satan's :P

But perhaps that's because they are so passionate about their faith.

Very Usual Suspects...

I agree Yele.

In the Bible how many can be attributed to Satan?

How many to the Christian God......300,000 PLUS <<A Link :tu:

Edited by zandore

Could the greatest trick satan has ever done is create the bible and get others to follow...........

No, I think Satan would be a lot more clever than that. Because so many don't even read the Bible, and it's evident in a few discussions here (particularly in Wiccan threads). People claim that things happened in the Bible, that never did.

And zandore, nice site. :tu: