Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Just To Let You.

McKenna

Hi guys,

just letting you know that i'm working on a hard rock song. sense y'all were nagging on me i thought i'd spice things up.

mac

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• McKenna

• TooFarGone

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• distortedpandy

there really wasn't nagging...

more like opinions, which you really need to prepare yourself for before you post stuff...

and like I said, in a completely non-mean way...never write music for other people, write it for yourself, trust me, you'll feel better about it :tu:

Here's my hard rock song. It's just the lyrics. I still need to do the music. But I have a pretty good idea for the music.

enjoy

mac ;)

Greater Are You Living In Me

By: McKenna

I’m reaching for the sky.

I’m lifting your name up on high.

Your prize means everything to me.

I’d give my own life for you are what I live for.

You have everything I need.

You hold me when I’m weak.

For you are what I live for.

And I’ll say.

God God God God.

Greater are you.

Living in me.

Then I am who’s living in the world.

You mean everything to me.

Because you love me.

You gave your only son to die on the cross.

Just to save me from my sins.

For I shall not repent.

But live eternal life in your house forever.

Because of your only son dieing for me.

And I’ll say.

I’m reaching for the sky.

I’m lifting your name up on high.

Your prize means everything to me.

I’d give my own life for you are what I live for.

You have everything I need.

You hold me when I’m weak.

For you are what I live for.

And I’ll say.

God God God God.

Greater are you.

Living in me.

Then I am who’s living in the world.

You mean everything to me.

Because you love me.

You gave your only son to die on the cross.

Yeah you gave your only son to die on the cross.

And I’ll say.

Thank you God for everything you’ve done for me.

Yeah thank you God for everything you’ve done for me.

Everything you’ve done for me.

Yeah and I’ll say.

Thank you God for everything you’ve done for me.

Edited by McKenna

It is kind of hard to make a good rock song with so much about god. Rock is about rebellion.

It is kind of hard to make a good rock song with so much about god. Rock is about rebellion.

it's christian hard rock. Have you ever heard of kuttless. Have you ever listened to some of their music. well you should because that's what i'm going for. I'll put their website on my sig.

mac

Most christian rock I have heard has been fairly lousy. Just my opinion. Good luck with your song.

Most christian rock I have heard has been fairly lousy. Just my opinion. Good luck with your song.

please listen to them ericraven. please their really awesome. I have all of their CDs and they rock.

please listen,

mac

That's pretty good :) Don't expect me to join your God fan club, though.

Please continue to share. :tu:

you should checkout kutless. the site is on my sig.

:yes:

mac

Put up a link and I will listen when I get a chance. Happy holiday.

McKenna please don't multi-post. If you have to add more after you just posted, use the edit button on your post.

I've removed and merged some of your multi-posts.

McKenna please don't multi-post. If you have to add more after you just posted, use the edit button on your post.

I've removed and merged some of your multi-posts.

ok.

:mellow:

I am new to this forum stuff - bear with me if I jump in where I shouldn't. McKenna, I think you sound more like a person who would be happiest in a church atmosphere. You clearly have roots in Christianity and Christian music. Rock? I think you are struggling to please someone else, not yourself. When I write music or poetry, I write what has meaning to me. The best stuff comes from the heart, personal convictions, etc. Look at what John Lennon wrote about - not that I'd ever pretend to compete in that league! Truly a gifted musician, deep personal conviction. Just my opinion....

keep it up mckenna...

I, personally am not a bible thumper...soooo I'm not digging the whole christian rock scene you have going on there...

and genesis, thank you for making my point :tu::D

keep it up mckenna...

I, personally am not a bible thumper...soooo I'm not digging the whole christian rock scene you have going on there...

and genesis, thank you for making my point :tu::D

I think I'll do christian hard rock/christian heavy metal. I've always loved Kutless.

:P

I'll put the genre on the flyer even.

Edited by McKenna

Could be rebellion against the Devil/"world".

I like Tourniquet myself. There are some really talented people/good songs in that market that nobody hears about.

I have a few metal songs I've written myself with a Christian theme, that I wrote for myself.

All good if it brings glory to God. Do what you wanna do McKenna. :tu:

Could be rebellion against the Devil/"world".

I like Tourniquet myself. There are some really talented people/good songs in that market that nobody hears about.

I have a few metal songs I've written myself with a Christian theme, that I wrote for myself.

All good if it brings glory to God. Do what you wanna do McKenna. :tu:

and i will do what i wanna do. thanks. And heres what i wanna do i want to bring glory to god and his angels through christian hard rock and christian heavy metal. thats what i wanna do with my band.

Ummm, it's nice.

Pretty good lyrics, because they all seem to fit a pattern. :P

I'm not sure how you feel, but I like lyrics that just use metaphors, or something. Yours seem to tell a story, and the specificity may sound a little weird.

Not to be critical or anything, it's just my opinion. ^_^

Please don't kill me

Nice, Christian oriented lyrics. I don't know how it will be as a hard rock type thing, but I can't tell untill we get a recording.

Nice, Christian oriented lyrics. I don't know how it will be as a hard rock type thing, but I can't tell untill we get a recording.

and there will be a recording. as soon as i get a chance to work on the music i already have a tune in my head. i need to practice it as well. then there will be a recording. be patient because songwriting takes a awhile.

mckenna, glad to see ur still working on ur music girl. I hopw u take notice of what everyone is saying on the forum. Be urself and let that play into ur music. Don't let it become something u do for everyone else, if it pleases u then be happy. It will show and even if ur style is not what others are used to or usually enjoy. Ur enthusiasm will draw people to wanna hear more and that could have more of an inpact on someones life then u could imagine! Keep doin ur thing and don't let anyone change u :)

Don't worry, I certainly know how difficulkt the song writting process can be........I have yet to complete any of my songs :(

Don't worry, I certainly know how difficulkt the song writting process can be........I have yet to complete any of my songs :(

wow dude. then you better get cracking with your music then. before you forget all about it.

:P

just joking with you.

:D

I hope I fina a guitar in my presents today. but i highly doubt it. oh well. I'm already getting better at the piano. I know how to do the do ra me on the piano and some other stuff. oh well.

happy holidays bud. hope you have a good one today.

;)

I deffinatly did....I got a mandolin, and have been playing it constantly.

If you can record some vocals, it would be no trouble for me to lay down a guitar part, as a UM only duet, haha :yes:

I deffinatly did....I got a mandolin, and have been playing it constantly.

If you can record some vocals, it would be no trouble for me to lay down a guitar part, as a UM only duet, haha :yes:

awesome. sure go right ahead lay down some guitar tracks. but first ill see what i can do about the vocals.

;)

i'll record the vocals but itll be on audio tape not cd. and i cant burn it onto a cd because i dont have a cd burner so ill have to wait to burn it until i get a cd burner. just letting you know. but i will record the tune in vocal format sometime tonight. if not 2morrow.

Edited by McKenna