Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Retarted and the Stupid

Chuck Norris

The Retarded and the Stupid

All the popular love stories we read revolve around people within the top of societies; stories like “Romeo and Juliet”, “Beauty and the Beast”, and “Captain Crunch and Chex”. I am going to tell a story about two people from the lowest level of society, a story about two homeless people, the story of “The Retarded and the Stupid”.

In the capital city of China, there were two homeless people who had the same twist of fate in life. Both of them were left alone by their family because they were mentally handicapped. In fact, they weren’t like that their whole life. One of them once scored the highest on the provincial college entrance exam, but she wasn’t able to attend any college because she lost both of her legs in a car accident when she was young. The reason is because in China, there was a law that prohibited any handicapped students to attend education institutes higher than high school. Shortly after knowing that, she had an internal brain damage, and lost the ability to talk and eventually became mentally impaired. All she could do was to stare at people and smile. No one called her by her name; everyone called her “Stupid”. Eventually, her family left her alone so she became a homeless on a wheelchair in the busiest city in the country. The other homeless person was actually in a college, but he was addicted to drug and later went out of his mind due to drug overdose. He was also left alone by his family, and spends his life begging for money to buy food. He had speech impairment so whenever he begged for food people would shove him away and call him “retarded”.

One day, a truck hit the female homeless person. Thankfully, she was not hurt at all, but her wheelchair was smashed into a dozen parts. The truck driver came down and noticed that she was a mentally handicapped homeless person and she wasn’t hurt, so he went back into his truck and drove off. Seeing this, the male homeless person came over to her and took the remaining of her wheelchair, put them in a dirty gym bag that he found in a dumpster, and ran off. She was left alone on the street, and she crawled her way to a dark ally that she called her home. The next day, the male homeless came back to her with a working wheelchair. He basically took apart his rusty bike that he had for years, and used the wheels and the handles to make up for the smashed parts of the wheelchair. She wasn’t able to thank him verbally, so all she did was stare at him and smile. She reached into her beat up backpack, and gave the man a good condition loaf of bread. From that moment on, the two homeless people became a pair. During the day they would go around the city to seek for food and trash together, and during night they would cuddle up together to keep each other warm. For the first time, they felt warmth at night. With their eyes closed during sleep, one cannot tell if they were homeless or mentally handicapped.

One day, the male woke up only to find his mate in a serious fever. He rushed into a drug store only to be kicked out by the storeowner. Then he went to beg for clean water and healthy food at a steamed buns stand, but the stand owner shoved him to the ground. In desperation, he took two steam buns and ran. However, a few average daily pedestrians stopped him and beat him up like a dog. Throughout the beating, he refused to let go of the steamed buns, and returned to his mate with blood and bruises all over himself. Seeing the beat up man, the homeless woman just stared at him and smiled with tears rushing down her eyes. The next day, her fever became worse, and the male didn’t know what to do. With her on his back, he ran around the city crying out for help. Everyone on the street ignored his cry for help. On the street, there were college student who wrote speeches about helping each others; on the street, there were preachers whole would say, “Help thy neighbor” a dozen times a week; on the street, there were business owners who donated thousands of dollars yearly to churches and facilities, yet ceased to help a dying homeless; on the street there were professors who worked to educated the ignorant students, while they back off three feet away from a crying homeless. The homeless man didn’t know what to do, so he took a piece of glass shard and cut the wrist of his mate in fever and yelled out, “I am a murderer! I just murdered someone!” Afterward, the homeless man ran down the street away from his soul mate hoping that someone would help the most important person in his life.

Instead of helping, everyone fled the scene, leaving a dying woman in the middle of the street. No one even cared to call the cop. About ten minutes later, a cop happened to patrol past the bleeding homeless, and he called for an ambulance. However, it was too late. The woman died from blood loss. A week later, the murderer of the woman was found, and he was found dead next to a trash dump, with a loaf of out-of-date bread in his chest. Everyone who saw the incident shook their head in disgust, yet what they did were far more selfish and devious than what the homeless man did to try to save his wife. The two homeless people were at the bottom of society mentally and physically, yet they understood the true concept of love.

btw, I just made up those symptoms, are they even possible and what would their names be? 3Q 3Q

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yelekiah

• Bahamut_0

• gothikchile13

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird. This was posted before if not something very similar to it. And you misspelled "retarded", which is politically incorrect. :P

I'm just messing with you. So...you have...another username?

That was funny and sad at the same time. Sad because it was so true.

Good job :tu:

--Jon

No...I think it's pretty obvious I have more posts than you do.

:o <---- I use this smilie for all occasions. Including sarcasm.

Did you like the story?

I liked it, very sad and yet heartwarming, what is more sad about it is that there is a chance that something similar to this could happen or had happened before...

EDITED: I was talking about the number of posts in this thread.

Edited by Bahamut_0

That was a nice story . . sad, but sweet all the same. True love does find a way to develop between two people, no matter what the circumstances.

I remember saving the life of a drug-overdose woman on a busy train station at peak hour in Sydney. Everyone looked past here and even when I was helping her, people looked past me. All except for one man on the other side of the train lines. I was crying with the pure insensitivity of people. How disgusting could they leave one of their own kind to die?

The ambulance was called by myself, and I screamed at a woman sitting on a seat next to me to get the station master. She was shrugging that she couldn't do anything. Then when the ambulance officers arrived, they gave the overdose woman a shot to wake her up, and then showed the basic same indifference as everyone else. I was more upset with the behaviour of people than with the condition of the woman. I was shaking with the shock of the whole experience.

I remember saving the life of a drug-overdose woman on a busy train station at peak hour in Sydney. Everyone looked past here and even when I was helping her, people looked past me. All except for one man on the other side of the train lines. I was crying with the pure insensitivity of people. How disgusting could they leave one of their own kind to die?

The ambulance was called by myself, and I screamed at a woman sitting on a seat next to me to get the station master. She was shrugging that she couldn't do anything. Then when the ambulance officers arrived, they gave the overdose woman a shot to wake her up, and then showed the basic same indifference as everyone else. I was more upset with the behaviour of people than with the condition of the woman. I was shaking with the shock of the whole experience.

Wow. You're a good man for helping her. I hope she learned from the experience.

--Jon

Thank you, but I am a woman :D

I have helped many more people than that person. In fact, while I am on the subject... next time someone sees someone who has fallen down, or in need... please help them. I don't think they 'want' to be lying down on a public street unconscious. Wouldn't everyone expect to be helped if you had, say, an asthma attack, or be in a diabetic coma?

Thank you, but I am a woman :D

Oh, sorry, I didn't see that :blush:

You do make a good point, though.

--Jon

:o <---- I use this smilie for all occasions. Including sarcasm.

Also the infamous welcome phrase, which I may not repeat for legal reasons.

Once you pop the lid of which, super happy does fairly cease to be, thank you. :o

No way, you can't trademark the face!

Looool tooooo late!! :o

(jk)

Edited by Rainbow Rowan

looooooool

No, I meant your "catch phrase" is 50 cents

:lol:

Maybe so, but it's ALMOST as good.

Speaking of stupid and retarded, why are we still talking about this? :lol:

Doinks Angrycrustacean's and Yelekiah's heads together. I am glad I stayed out of this one :wacko::blink::w00t:

OK.... back to the subject... Love can transcend anything, can't it. Isn't it just wonderful! :tu::D