Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 1 votes

Need help identifying small man like creature

elf troll goblin small people dwarf

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#16    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,542 posts

• Dethpicably quackers!!!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:25 PM

Hi Karingal.
If your husband was afraid to stop because of what he seen, my response is simply as human beings we have to act on instinct to survive sometimes.
With industrialisation and new technologies that have progressed humanity, ther is not much room for instinctive feeling when it comes to the paranormal or "other" world,
You and he will probably never find a reason for this creature or whatever it was, but do not let others tear down your instinctive emotions, go with them.
You could probably do some research into the area to try to find out what it was, but really the chances of your finding a rational explanation will probably never be found.

Posted Image

#17    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,002 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

You did not mention what this little dude was wearing?

Surely, with the description given, your husband would have mentioned if it were naked, hairy, or what it was wearing......???

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#18    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

Some things will probably go unexplained.

I've not encountered, experienced, or witnessed anything that could be called unexplained personally, but there is always another time.

Here in Malaysia, there is a cryptid called Orang Pendek (Short People), that people have claimed to see. Supposedly some bipedal creature like an ape or something.

Or was that in Indonesia...? :huh:

#19    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 17 November 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

Hi Karingal.
If your husband was afraid to stop because of what he seen, my response is simply as human beings we have to act on instinct to survive sometimes.
With industrialisation and new technologies that have progressed humanity, ther is not much room for instinctive feeling when it comes to the paranormal or "other" world,
You and he will probably never find a reason for this creature or whatever it was, but do not let others tear down your instinctive emotions, go with them.
You could probably do some research into the area to try to find out what it was, but really the chances of your finding a rational explanation will probably never be found.
"as human beings we have to act on instinct to survive sometimes." bit strong, he was not travelling through San Pedro Sula in Honduras with an anti drug banner on his back.
But agree, that a rational explanation will never be found, especially if he or anyone else. never witnesses again. :blink:

Edited by freetoroam, 17 November 2012 - 07:52 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#20    karingal

karingal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:47 PM

Well he doesn't believe in ghosts or poltergeists or things like that and until this experience had never really been interested in goblins/trolls and suchlike. He believes in life on other planets and the fact that aliens could have come to earth and visited but apart from that he's not really a mysterious type. It's true, all the things you said. It was dusk and he was on a bike. But I've never seen him react lke that to anything before or since. This is a finnish guy who's spent weeks on end in the pitch black forest during army training, he goes hunting and we spent last summer hiking round lapland. He's seen bears, mooses, deers, foxes and suchlike and I just dont think he'd mistake one for a miniature human. He's not an easily freaked out person so it had to be something out of the ordinary to get that kind of reaction out of him. I just don't get it.

#21    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:48 PM

View PostMnemonix, on 17 November 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

Some things will probably go unexplained.

I've not encountered, experienced, or witnessed anything that could be called unexplained personally, but there is always another time.

Here in Malaysia, there is a cryptid called Orang Pendek (Short People), that people have claimed to see. Supposedly some bipedal creature like an ape or something.

Or was that in Indonesia...? :huh:
or the Isle of Wight .

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#22    Mnemonix

Mnemonix

Alien Abducter

• Closed
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 17 November 2012 - 07:48 PM, said:

or the Isle of Wight .

It's a small world after all.

#23    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,542 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 17 November 2012 - 07:45 PM, said:

"as human beings we have to act on instinct to survive sometimes." bit strong, he was not travelling through San Pedro Sula in Honduras with an anti drug banner on his back.
But agree, that a rational explanation will never be found, especially if he or anyone else. never witnesses again. :blink:

Hey freetoroam, I was really referring to the the question as to whether or not it might have been a child standing there.
If his instincts told him to keep going, then I hope whether it was other-worldly or not, even though the creature may have wanted help, I still think he was right to keep on his way.

Posted Image

#24    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:08 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 17 November 2012 - 07:56 PM, said:

Hey freetoroam, I was really referring to the the question as to whether or not it might have been a child standing there.
If his instincts told him to keep going, then I hope whether it was other-worldly or not, even though the creature may have wanted help, I still think he was right to keep on his way.
I know, i was just teasing,,,BUT!
I do not think he should have kept going, he practises marshal arts, and I quote " This is a finnish guy who's spent weeks on end in the pitch black forest during army training, he goes hunting and we spent last summer hiking round lapland"
Forgive me, but if someone who has had army training and is obviously still very fit, does not stop to see if a child is possibly in danger, then god help the rest of us, let alone our children.

#25    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 17,172 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:07 PM

The description says the figure was as tall as the bike tire, right? That would still be tall enough for a midget. What is that, 2 1/2 feet, about 0.6 meters?

Maybe a Hobbit? Or whatever their former name was...

Assuming it is not a child, or a midget... Sounds also like a goblin, or even a "dwarf". Minus the beard for the dwarf and greenish skin for the goblin.

Any more detail would be good. Set of the eyes, mouth... where the ears large or pointed?

Description of clothing would be good too.

The Isle of Wight seems to have plenty of legends, but I don't see any with goblins or dwarfs in an off hand internet search.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#26    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,933 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:11 PM

there is a chance he hallucinated it.
when i lived in the country it was common for me (and others lol n ot just me) to 'see' a person at the side of the road at night. mailboxes were the biggest reason for that, but even though you knew it was likely a mailbox or a hedge or small tree in the darkness it still played tricks on your mind.

#27    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,002 posts

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

Not sure you saw my question...

The description seemed pretty good, but nothing was said if the human was naked, or wearing clothes?....And if clothes, what kind?.....If not?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#28    Mistydawn

Mistydawn

Feathered Feline

• 11,542 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:17 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 17 November 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

I know, i was just teasing,,,BUT!
I do not think he should have kept going, he practises marshal arts, and I quote " This is a finnish guy who's spent weeks on end in the pitch black forest during army training, he goes hunting and we spent last summer hiking round lapland"
Forgive me, but if someone who has had army training and is obviously still very fit, does not stop to see if a child is possibly in danger, then god help the rest of us, let alone our children.

Gulp. I swallow my own words,. I think you may be right.l (o that was tough to admit)
Still though, sometimes creepy feelings get a hold and instincts kick in.
Are they right or are they wrong in directing us, hummm well for your average person probably yes, but like freetoroam says, with all the army training etc, I do wonder...

Edited by Mistydawn, 17 November 2012 - 09:18 PM.

Posted Image

#29    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:26 PM

View PostJGirl, on 17 November 2012 - 09:11 PM, said:

there is a chance he hallucinated it.
when i lived in the country it was common for me (and others lol n ot just me) to 'see' a person at the side of the road at night. mailboxes were the biggest reason for that, but even though you knew it was likely a mailbox or a hedge or small tree in the darkness it still played tricks on your mind.
hallucinated? you been eating those mushrooms on your way home again, told you before, don`t pick at the wildlife before you have your dinner. :lol:

#30    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,677 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

View PostMistydawn, on 17 November 2012 - 09:17 PM, said:

Gulp. I swallow my own words,. I think you may be right.l (o that was tough to admit)
Still though, sometimes creepy feelings get a hold and instincts kick in.
Are they right or are they wrong in directing us, hummm well for your average person probably yes, but like freetoroam says, with all the army training etc, I do wonder...
I know where you are coming from, I have had some wierd experiences in my time, and that does not include dates.
As for admitting i was right, i tried to give you 10 likes but will only accept 1, so have this instead:
:tsu: :tsu: :tsu: :tsu: :tsu: :tsu: :tsu: :tsu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users