Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is the Truth?

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,985 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

View Posteuroninja, on 05 November 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Temples are symbolic. The Jewish temple was destroyed. I would assume they're not properly teaching the Law.

Temples are symbolic of what, the Truth? Every religion has a temple and the Truth is absolutely one and Prophet Isaiah has given us the method to test which one is teaching the Truth. (Isa.8:20)

#122    euroninja

euroninja

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

• John 14:16
    Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the father, but by me.

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:50 PM

You don't find it telling the jews were uprooted and their major temple was destroyed in 70 ad???????????????

Man plans and God laughs.

#123    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,985 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

View Posteuroninja, on 09 November 2013 - 06:50 PM, said:

You don't find it telling the jews were uprooted and their major temple was destroyed in 70 ad???????????????

It is not the Temple that makes the People holy but the other way around. We spent 70 years without a Temple in Babylon and we did not lose ourselves among the nations. The Temple can go periodically for as long as it takes but Israel will remain as a People before the Lord forever. (Jeremiah 31:35-37)

#124    olmc1967

olmc1967

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

This is the only truth.....believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible. I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets. I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come.

#125    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,985 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

View Postolmc1967, on 26 November 2013 - 09:41 PM, said:

This is the only truth.....believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible. I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets. I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come.

What God are you talking about a god who had a son? These are found only in the Olympian Pantheon of Greek Mythology. They are called demigods when on earth for having been born out of a god with an earthly woman. Jesus could not be it because Jesus was a Jewish man whose Faith was Judaism and in Judaism there is no such a thing as Greek Mythology.

#126    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 28 November 2013 - 03:19 PM

Has anyone been watching on tv a documentary called Bible Secrets Reveal? I think it's on History or Natgeo,

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

#127    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,985 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 10:48 AM

View PostHawkin, on 28 November 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Has anyone been watching on tv a documentary called Bible Secrets Reveal? I think it's on History or Natgeo,

I'll check it out. But what is the point you would like to share with us? Would you like to mention a Biblical secret that has be revealed? IMHO they are usually subject to the preconceived notions of the reader.

#128    Hawkin

Hawkin

LiverEatenJohnson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,725 posts

• Some say he is dead.
    Some say he will never be.

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

View PostBen Masada, on 06 December 2013 - 10:48 AM, said:

I'll check it out. But what is the point you would like to share with us? Would you like to mention a Biblical secret that has be revealed? IMHO they are usually subject to the preconceived notions of the reader.

Never seen the show. Just saw the advertisements on tv. If you check it out then you can enlighten me.

It's good to have some skepticism so you won't be gullible & naïve. But to much skepticism
can make you narrow minded to all possibilities no matter how unconventional.

#129    docyabut2

docyabut2

Government Agent

• 3,642 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

John 14 - Jesus-Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you..

The Spirit of truth is we are all one.

John 17 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Edited by docyabut2, 07 December 2013 - 01:05 AM.

#130    Ben Masada

Ben Masada

Poltergeist

• 2,985 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

View Postdocyabut2, on 07 December 2013 - 12:24 AM, said:

John 14 - Jesus-Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you..

The Spirit of truth is we are all one.

John 17 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

When the book of John was written by hear-say, Jesus had been dead already for over 50 years. The author a Hellenist former disciple of Paul's had never even seen Jesus, including Paul his own master.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users