Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Cool ghost photo from

Bogeyman

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bogeyman

• Mr Supertypo

• henrychalder

• JustNormal

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool photo but, what is it and where is the proof that it is what it is claimed to be?

Cool photo but, what is it and where is the proof that it is what it is claimed to be?

Well it's from one of the "Ghosthunter" societies .....so i s'pose we've got to take them at their word............................Or not

On Saturday November 10 and Sunday November 11, 2007 the Will County Ghost Hunters Society conducted an overnight investigation at the P. Seth Magosky Museum in Joliet, IL. During the course of the investigation, over 2,000 photos were taken. At 4:55 AM a series of ten photographs of the staircase leading from the first floor to the second floor were taken with a night vision camera. In this photograph, one of the WCGHS investigators, Sunnie, can be seen at the top of the staircase with her flashlight. Also in the photograph is an apparition of a tall figure on the staircase. At the time of the photograph the figure was not seen or detected. It appears he is walking up the stairs and stopped to look over his shoulder at the camera. The figure was not in any of the other photographs.

--Dan Jungles

DanJungles@aghostpage.com

Just a person on the stairs. You can see in the light reflection of the banister on the right, how the light from the torch just stops cause the person is blocking it, and then the rest of the staircase is dark. They said the figure was not seen when the picture was taken, if that was the case then there wouldn't be anything stopping the light from reflecting off the wood. They set it up, purposely moving the camera to create the blur for effect. Nice try though, looks good.

Well, you are both far better at descerning photos than I. And I am a photographer.

I do however disagree with the good mr umbargers' comment. If you dispute the evidence presented, it is up to you to prove it is not what is proclaimed. If I were to call you a liar, you would not inturn try and prove to me that you always tell the truth. No. The burden of proof would be on my shoulders. And you would demand that I proved you lied. They presented the evidence. You dispute it, you prove it's a lie. I hope this very basic legal concept is sinking in. I appear to be losing ground here. lol.

Edited by JackalnChainz

This photograph tells me someone needs to get a tripod and a camera with shake reduction. :)

LMAO! Agreed! :lol:

I think this photo has some merit, I wouldn't expect it to be too composed a photo that was perfect without shake. The ghostly figure seems to have a shroud, its shows its feet and calves, it has motion as it ascends the stairs, its face is ghostly indeed, but where is its arms?

To turn around in the way shown in the photo whilst in motion on stairs without holding on takes expert balance. The figure is not stooping forward as you do climbing stairs but seems to be floating but with a walking motion rather than a climbing motion

Edited by henrychalder

I think this photo has some merit, I wouldn't expect it to be too composed a photo that was perfect without shake. The ghostly figure seems to have a shroud, its shows its feet and calves, it has motion as it ascends the stairs, its face is ghostly indeed, but where is its arms?

In fact the figure seems slightly leaning backwards, surely if it were human it would fall?

I wonder why all pic or vids of ghost's are always in bad resolution or extremely shaky.

That's a creepy picture. Thats for sharing, Bogeyman.

I wonder why all pic or vids of ghost's are always in bad resolution or extremely shaky.

In my expert opinion it would be because they are not really ghosts.

In my expert opinion it would be because they are not really ghosts.

IMO I dont belive ghost's can be pictured or taped...but who knows.

Anyway it's good to have some experts here :tu:

I dont know much about the Ghosthunting societies and even less about the Wills ghosthunters. But from the little i do know they seem to be dedicated amateurs who are genuinely looking for some kind of evidence of continuation.

Somehow it seems to defeat the purpose if they go faking photo's and putting them out there as evidence.

Isn't this the reason these societies were formed in the first place.....to try and de-muddy the waters?

I just cannot take a photo seriously that is so blurry and out of focus. It makes for an interesting effect and if you play around with taking pictures while a camera is in motion or shaking you will see how objects and light can become very distorted. If this were a clear, steady shot with this anomaly in the middle then we would have something to talk about. I'm not trying to say I know what the anomaly is or even saying they didn't catch something I'm just pointing out this photo is just too out of focus for any honest analysis.

Brightening it up, I see a baseball cap, I see a darker grey area where a hand probably was hanging by his side, I see two easily identifiable legs. He's not anymore blurred than the rest of the photo. Cool effect though.

I do however disagree with the good mr umbargers' comment. If you dispute the evidence presented, it is up to you to prove it is not what is proclaimed.

I don't have anybody to be my guinea pig, want to come model for me? It should only take a few tries to recreate. ;)

Well I looked closer at this picture. I left in the lens flare (circular objects) and brought the pic down to the simpliest form I could. Yes, there are 2 people on the stairs; one at the top and one stopped looking back towards the camera. The one at the top is apparent. The one mid-stairs loses its legs from the knees downward. Just thought I'd show that. I am no expert in photography per se; but I can work a mean graphic program similar to those used in debunking. So shakey or not...where are it's feet? :) Jody

linked-image

In this photograph, one of the WCGHS investigators, Sunnie, can be seen at the top of the staircase with her flashlight. Also in the photograph is an apparition of a tall figure on the staircase. At the time of the photograph the figure was not seen or detected. It appears he is walking up the stairs and stopped to look over his shoulder at the camera. The figure was not in any of the other photographs.

Is it possible he only became visible to the camera when he stopped and looked or concentrated on it?

Because all paranormal photographers need glasses and they drink too much coffee.

Good point She-ra. Thanks for posting this Bogey.

Reg

Was the camera moving when this was taken? Its very blurry and that could explain a lot.

So shakey or not...where are it's feet? :) Jody

Dark shoes, light source from above with stairs casting a shadow onto his lower legs and feet? Everything seems to get pretty dark right around that area.

Hmmm.. See the light the person at the top of the stairs is holding? It's casting a beam brightening up an area that goes quite a ways down the stairway, gradually getting more faint as it gets towards the bottom. Looks like that light cuts off in a nice line where his shadow would be. Do ghosts cast shadows?

linked-image

Good work Episteme ! I didn't notice that

Dark shoes, light source from above with stairs casting a shadow onto his lower legs and feet? Everything seems to get pretty dark right around that area.

Hmmm.. See the light the person at the top of the stairs is holding? It's casting a beam brightening up an area that goes quite a ways down the stairway, gradually getting more faint as it gets towards the bottom. Looks like that light cuts off in a nice line where his shadow would be. Do ghosts cast shadows?

linked-image

Good job Epi, but is still a strange photo..JN