Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ouija Board , Planchette moves on its own..

Sakari

Found this video , not sure if it has been posted , if so , I am sorry.......I have input on this later , want to see skeptics and believers responses......

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShadowofaDoubt

• Psychic Ocelot

• Moonie2012

• Sakari

Now that is very interesting... Anyone have any ideas how they could have pulled that off?

Now that is very interesting... Anyone have any ideas how they could have pulled that off?

It didn't actually pause at the "I" in LISA.

Makes me think it's scripted.

As far as the manipulation part...good question.

Feels like the footage is fast forwarded somehow.

It didn't actually pause at the "I" in LISA.

Makes me think it's scripted.

As far as the manipulation part...good question.

Feels like the footage is fast forwarded somehow.

Yes, I thought the same thing. I noticed too that it really didn't stop at I. Maybe because the Planchette is raised off the bored by little nubs, you could tie some string to it and there is someone off to the side pulling it. Maybe? :unsure:

:unsure2: That's really curious stuff. Thanks for sharing that video.

I've no idea how they would pull it off, but I look forward to reading other members ideas on how it could be done.

Yes, I thought the same thing. I noticed too that it really didn't stop at I. Maybe because the Planchette is raised off the bored by little nubs, you could tie some string to it and there is someone off to the side pulling it. Maybe? :unsure:

no, if somebody was pulling it with a string it would not look so perfect, you know what i mean? like it wouldn't point directly at one of the letters like it did, if it was pulled by string, unless they recorded them doing it a million times and finally got it perfect, and edited it, which i think is the most likely, the only other explanation for this, is that they moved it mentally, you know psychically, sounds crazy but you can move things with your mind, you mind basically creates your outer reality, i have experienced this and so has one of my friends, i really don't think this has anything to do with spirits or ghosts or any of that bull. i think our minds are directly responsible for a lot of the supposed paranormal encounters and happenings.

no, if somebody was pulling it with a string it would not look so perfect, you know what i mean? like it wouldn't point directly at one of the letters like it did, if it was pulled by string, unless they recorded them doing it a million times and finally got it perfect, and edited it, which i think is the most likely, the only other explanation for this, is that they moved it mentally, you know psychically, sounds crazy but you can move things with your mind, you mind basically creates your outer reality, i have experienced this and so has one of my friends, i really don't think this has anything to do with spirits or ghosts or any of that bull. i think our minds are directly responsible for a lot of the supposed paranormal encounters and happenings.

So ghosts and spirits are bull, but being able to move stuff with your mind isn't? :blink:

Can't figure that one out... At first I thought it was a joint effort between the two but I don't know. Weird...

I had an experience once with a Ouiga board and for the planchet we used was a glass, I got a terrible shock threw my fingers and my fingers actually swelled up. It was years and years ago but I did have witnesses that I still know today.

Edited by Hatch

Funny you mention it. I was thinking a good, light-weight fishing string could go undetected by the camera. I've used it before in military training ops to rig up booby traps and triggers. You can hardly see it even when you know where it's at and trying.

Funny you mention it. I was thinking a good, light-weight fishing string could go undetected by the camera. I've used it before in military training ops to rig up booby traps and triggers. You can hardly see it even when you know where it's at and trying.

That's what I was thinking. My husband is in the military and he has brought some of that stuff home before, it's quite interesting string.

It seems to me that when they try the second time, the person on the right's fingers move just before the planchette does. It also seems that when the planchette moves on it's own, it's exactly the same way both times. I feel this video is a hoax, but how they could have accomplished that, I have no idea.

edited to add:

Oh, there's another new thread here that discusses this very video and explains how it was made, and why.

UM thread link

Edited by rassy

It seems to me that when they try the second time, the person on the right's fingers move just before the planchette does. It also seems that when the planchette moves on it's own, it's exactly the same way both times. I feel this video is a hoax, but how they could have accomplished that, I have no idea.

edited to add:

Oh, there's another new thread here that discusses this very video and explains how it was made, and why.

UM thread link

Rassy w00t.gif

That is my thread also....I made that thread from a story I found , than after posting , I watched the video and decided to post it.....I was hoping we could get some more responses before I blew the whistle.....mad.gif

Glad you found that thread though , good job......

Everyone , check out that thread, it is not how or why they did that Ouija thing....It is how it was found , and not investigated ( people jumped to conclusions , and these people are supposed to be "experts" ) that makes the story so good.......You will like it , and you will never watch " Fact or Faked" again after you read it :)

AAaaawww! and I had my theory all typed up too! Oh well.

It looks like the cat with the big ol' forearms is moving the planchette, notice how his arms kinda move just a little before the thing-a-ma-bobby does? He is also using two fingers on each hand...look at his hand/fingers as the planchette starts to do its twist.

I am a huge believer, but I believe this one is HOKUM!

edited to add:

UM thread link

Ha! I knew it was a string. It's always the string. Evil string. :devil:

Found this video , not sure if it has been posted , if so , I am sorry.......I have input on this later , want to see skeptics and believers responses......

The planchette returns to the same position on both occasions. Embedded Neodymium magnets.

The planchette returns to the same position on both occasions. Embedded Neodymium magnets.

That was my first thought..

Rassy w00t.gif

That is my thread also....I made that thread from a story I found , than after posting , I watched the video and decided to post it.....I was hoping we could get some more responses before I blew the whistle.....mad.gif

Glad you found that thread though , good job......

Everyone , check out that thread, it is not how or why they did that Ouija thing....It is how it was found , and not investigated ( people jumped to conclusions , and these people are supposed to be "experts" ) that makes the story so good.......You will like it , and you will never watch " Fact or Faked" again after you read it :)

You are being sneaky, dear sir! :tsu:

I like that Fact or Fake show! But maybe that's because I don't care what 'answers' they come up with. I enjoy watching what they do with the ideas they come up with. Sometimes they come up with some nice ideas, at least. But then there's the drama, too. "OMG something just MOVED over there!! Camera 2 is down!!" etc Do we EVER get to see anything? LOL NOPE! So never mind their debunking tactics. It's the show itself - is THAT fact or faked? hehehe I thoroughly enjoy watching it and am looking fwd to more new shows, which I believe starts up in NOV again sometime.

Damn. I felt so clever for noticing it landed with the point in the X both times. I was SO ready for a solid debunk... :lol:

Ha! I knew it was a string. It's always the string. Evil string. :devil:

Yep.

Very thin fishing wire leading from off-camera, up through a hole in the board at the X and attached to the apex of the planchette.

BUT.....

It's a ghost that pulls on the wire. lol

Edited by Eldorado

my suspicions were piqued when the guy checking with the camera picked up the planchette to investigate, but didn't turn it over. a magnet is my first thought, as a string attached would not be able to stop it so abruptly and precisely, especially considering it would have to have been pulled by someone seated or standing a distance away from the table.