Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Infiltrating Area 51 (Threads merged)

Sweetpumper

Moment BBC film crew was held at gunpoint after trying to sneak into Nevada's Area 51 military base with UFO conspiracy theorists

• Agents held the 12-man team at gunpoint for three hours while checking their credentials
  • Area 51 rumoured to hold the crashed space-ship as well as the bodies of aliens which were removed - still alive - from the wreckage
  • 'Apache helicopters were called in and Washington phoned London after trespass'
  • Team say they were followed in the days following attempt
  • Same BBC team caused outrage by suggesting London bombings were a government conspiracy

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2216077/BBC-film-crew-held-gunpoint-trying-failing-sneak-U-S-Area-51-military-base.html

Moment BBC film crew was held at gunpoint after trying to sneak into Nevada's Area 51 military base with UFO conspiracy theorists

This is the moment a BBC film crew were held by security teams at the notoriously secretive Area 51 - where conspiracy theorists believe the American government is hiding a flying saucer.

Irish comedian Andrew Maxwell and UFO expert Darren Perks sneaked past the border at the site - and were forced to lie on the ground at gunpoint for three hours while the FBI checked their credentials.

It is the same 'documentary' team that caused outrage in Britain last week when they suggested that the 7/7 London bombings were part of a government conspiracy to boost support for the Iraq war.

http://www.dailymail...itary-base.html

Edited by sean6

Rumor has it that the ET-related activities have long since been removed to other bases like Papoose Lake or Dugway in Utah, and in fact the real UFO investigation was farmed out to various places over the decades. It's just that Groom Lake keeps getting most of the attention--probably way too much attention when it comes to UFOs, although I'm the first to say that going back to the days of Kelly Johnson our spy planes were quite literally modeled on UFOs.

• Like 1

If I was in charge of things there (and I'm most defintily NOT)... I would keep up the signs and the mystery, and keep detaining those silly enough to keep trying to get in to see the 'secrets'... It protects the other areas where REAL stuff is going on and It's great theater...

Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

Infiltrating Area 51

Its not going to happen.

Shame though, id like to play checkers with a grey.

Thanks,

That's absolutely stupid of them.

Knowing what often happens just approaching the perimeter...they crossed anyway.

I bet that every single one of the them, if they ever try to enter the US again, will be flatly denied entry by US border agents.

Incredibly stupid publicity stunt.

• Like 3

They're lucky they weren't shot. Area 51 contains all sorts of classified military aircraft and use of dealy force is allowed (heck, probably encouraged).

What did they expect? A big welcoming party.

• Like 1

They're lucky they weren't shot. Area 51 contains all sorts of classified military aircraft and use of dealy force is allowed (heck, probably encouraged).

When I was in the army, I heard of several instances of people who were shot dead for trying to get on military bases without permission. One time a kid was drunk driving and tried to ram his pickup truck through the front gate and was killed. Another time, there was a kid involved in some kind of protest who climbed up the water tower of a base and was waving some kind of banner. They shot him dead too.

These things do happen.

• Like 1

Of course, when it comes to UFOs and ETs, the subject has always been so secret that officially it does not exist at all. It is so secret that it is beyond any of the Top Secret and Codeword stamps that you commonly see on documents.

It's a miracle that anyone has EVER gotten any real information about them at all, and that has taken decades of persistent effort by dedicated researchers. Those are the real heroes of the story, not the "skeptics" who automatically deny everything.

There is no bigger secret in the US government, not even the plans for nuclear, chemical and biological warfare. UFOs are an even bigger secret than things like than that, even bigger than the covert operations that have been used to overthrow governments.

Compared to this, I'm just another Joe Blow and am lucky to have found out as much as I did.

Edited by TheMacGuffin
  • Like 4

If you want to know how secret UFO records are, they are something on this level, which was only declassified after many years as a result of a direct presidential order. This one happens to concern US plans to overthrow the Allende government in Chile. If you ever start seeing UFO records like this, then you will be getting warmer in finding out what the real story is.

chile09-01.jpg

chile06-01.jpg

Edited by TheMacGuffin

We never hear about the ones that get shot out there ! thats why its a secret ! :alien::clap:

I agree, there are wackier places. Area 51 is like the Madonna of ufo folklore, everyone knows who she is but she isn't doing anything interesting, relevant or controversial these days...

• Like 1

There was a million men march on DC. What we need is a hundred thousand men march. Let see all those alien get on their ship and fly away like bee. If they are there, of course....

I think a doc. crew from Mexico might have more success in crossing the boundary than these Brits. :lol:

• Like 1

What part of Top secrect did they not understand. Deadly force can be used. They are damn lucky to be alive.

Isn't Area 51 a test base for expermintal aircraft? BBC bunch of lefty gits anyway. They will be First against the wall when the revolution comes.

• Like 2

Fair play to them. I can tell you there would have been an Irish revolt if they had shot Adrew Maxwell, the guy speaks the truth. God must have been looking out for those gaurds because it would have been the biggest mistake of their lives. Hopefully someday a new gandi will inspire the american nation to simply ignore the army and government into submission

You do not go into a top secret military base,and knock on the door,total stupidity.Its like poking a sleeping Grizzly with a stick.

• Like 2

You do not go into a top secret military base,and knock on the door,total stupidity.Its like poking a sleeping Grizzly with a stick.

• Like 1

Wow.

I remember when two old grannies tried breakin' into Area 51.

• Like 1

Quality security gaurds there...... FIIIIRREED!!

I think the gaurds are trying to save face... lol

Edited by MidKn13ght