Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing 5yr old girl in Wales

Chris Baker

Terribly worrying news.

Every parent's nightmare.

Perhaps the Mod team might stick this thread on the homepage with a picture of her to help get the message out?

Pictures of the little girl from the site link added below so people can have a look an keep their eyes open. A good portion of the UK is within a few hours drive so everyone have a look at the pictures.

Hopefully she will be found unharmed soon.

post-112723-0-47880400-1349186192_thumb.

post-112723-0-52185100-1349186201_thumb.

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 2

It sounds like she might have known the person.

It sounds like she might have known the person.

Not really then we would know who that person was

• Like 1

Not really then we would know who that person was

Well, maybe they do know and don't know they know.

I'm just saying that it's odd- if true- that she obligingly got into the car, that's all.

• Like 1

Maybe she knew the person, maybe she didn't, but 5 year olds can be very easily influenced and persuaded if they don't feel they are in danger. Sometimes it doesn't take more than a few friendly smiles or lies (such as, "Hey, so and so - your mom wants me to bring you home now" etc) to convince them that it's okay to get in, even if they don't know the person.

Hopefully she'll be returned to her parents very very soon, poor thing. :(

• Like 4

Horrible indeed. Just like so many of these cases... I honestly don't care if they never catch the person, but let those kids be safe and get home.

• Like 1

It sounds like they found biological evidence of murder...probably in his vehicle.

I don't think they would have upgraded the charge-even though it's been four days, if they weren't reasonably certain that there was a death.

I don't think they would have upgraded the charge-even though it's been four days, if they weren't reasonably certain that there was a death.

It looks that way as a murder arrest has been made.

"The dynamics of the search have now changed and due to the passage of time and the developments within the investigation, it is no longer appropriate for us to expect untrained members of the public to continue the search."

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-19843337

:(
  • Like 1

This is one of the biggest searches ever mounted in the UK...and I don't think there is now much chance of good news.The river just a mile downstream from the search area is tidal.I feel that with the Lifeboat men being involved in the search, that they are looking for a body out to sea or in the coastal area.

I'd love to be wrong...but I can't see this ending well after so long.

How the hell can any man hurt a five year old girl?...totally evil.Particularly if it is found to be the arrested man as he has a young family of his own.

God knows how the girls family cope with this tragedy...I don't think I could.

• Like 1

It's every parent's most absolute worst nightmare, very sad news. My heart breaks for her and her family.

The only encouraging aspect in all of this is all the folk over there who dropped everything to join the search. Is it just me or is it that more and more folk are getting out and trying to do something to stop these terrible situations around the world? I just seem to see larger and larger portions of the community feeling others pain personally these days when these things occur - it is inspiring and of some small comfort to those personally affected I'm sure.

My heart breaks for this wee girl's family - this just should not happen, ever. :cry:

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 2

April Jones: Mark Bridger charged with girl's murder

http://www.bbc.co.uk...-wales-19853582

I like the additional charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Maybe they're trying to pressure a confession...

Re: the search, I'd read that Bridger at some point harvested trees, so I think where ever that work might have been could be another viable place to look.

He surely would have gone to somewhere private but familiar immediately following the abduction, and I'm not sure it's possible that his home could have been such a place.

• Like 1

I like the additional charge of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Maybe they're trying to pressure a confession...

Re: the search, I'd read that Bridger at some point harvested trees, so I think where ever that work might have been could be another viable place to look.

He surely would have gone to somewhere private but familiar immediately following the abduction, and I'm not sure it's possible that his home could have been such a place.

Or he may have provided false information to the police to throw them off the scent - even participating in the search when he knew full well what had happened could be construed as "perverting the course of justice". He is apparently a family friend - how appalling. That poor family knowing they invited this man into their life and he betrayed them in the most horrible of ways

• Like 2

Or he may have provided false information to the police to throw them off the scent - even participating in the search when he knew full well what had happened could be construed as "perverting the course of justice". He is apparently a family friend - how appalling. That poor family knowing they invited this man into their life and he betrayed them in the most horrible of ways

Oh, yeah...he could have done any of those things to mislead the investigation. At the very least, police have stated that he hasn't given a satisfactory account of his movements from the time of the abduction until his arrest.

I think the evidence against him must be strong enough that police know he did it- and he knows they know, but he still won't confess to where the body is and so that's the reason for the charge.

I'd read that he has a daughter April's age that often played with April. I also read that he took April along with his daughter clam hunting. (maybe that's another place to search.)

This case shows that just because a man appears to be family oriented- indeed, with children of his own- doesn't make him safe.

Yes, he betrayed everyone's trust, and he's compounding the grief by not allowing the recovery of her body.

It's impossible to imagine the agony of her parents.

• Like 1

Oh, yeah...he could have done any of those things to mislead the investigation. At the very least, police have stated that he hasn't given a satisfactory account of his movements from the time of the abduction until his arrest.

I think the evidence against him must be strong enough that police know he did it- and he knows they know, but he still won't confess to where the body is and so that's the reason for the charge.

I'd read that he has a daughter April's age that often played with April. I also read that he took April along with his daughter clam hunting. (maybe that's another place to search.)

This case shows that just because a man appears to be family oriented- indeed, with children of his own- doesn't make him safe.

Yes, he betrayed everyone's trust, and he's compounding the grief by not allowing the recovery of her body.

It's impossible to imagine the agony of her parents.

He has a child April's age? They were playmates? OMG this just gets uglier. I hope the evidence the police have will be so compelling he will see that there is no reason to continue to refuse telling the location of the body.

If it is not compelling evidence, the worst possible tragedy would be a rush to judgement against him - just putting that out there for the sake of there not yet being a trial and conviction. We are actually hearing the police's side of the story at the end of the day even if my gut tells me they are following the evidence correctly.

He has a child April's age? They were playmates? OMG this just gets uglier. I hope the evidence the police have will be so compelling he will see that there is no reason to continue to refuse telling the location of the body.

If it is not compelling evidence, the worst possible tragedy would be a rush to judgement against him - just putting that out there for the sake of there not yet being a trial and conviction. We are actually hearing the police's side of the story at the end of the day even if my gut tells me they are following the evidence correctly.

Yes!...he has a daughter April's age and he'd attended the same school meeting April's parents had attended the eve. of the abduction. (It makes one wonder what his own daughter might have endured.)

I'd read that he had other children, also- I believe four- by at least two women.

I haven't seen much more than that re: his personal life, but it doesn't appear he's married.

I don't know why that when faced with the obvious that people just don't give up, but you know, people get convicted and still won't tell where the body is!

A very good negotiator might be able to get it out of him...you know, play on his pathology...I've seen that work, but it looks like it will be on the searchers to find the body.

Yes, I agree...I would never want to rush to judgement and point the finger at an innocent man, but it appears in this case that they have the right one.

I think the reporting on this case has been very good.

And the way the police have communicated with the public throughout the investigation is excellent. They've appeared very professional and wise. They've allowed just enough info. and at the right times.

• Like 1