Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Sleep Paralysis and now...

sleep paralysis knocking visited

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    MyOwnPrison

MyOwnPrison

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:50 AM

Hi there,

I'm not a religious person, very level headed and not what you call a "believer" however.

Recently and it's increased to twice this week now, I have a dream which then results in something holding me down and not letting me wake up or move. In this experience I remember vividly as it just happen and something made me start googling it and find this forum.

Anyway in this dream, I saw something/felt something invisible come in my window (not my actual house normally the house taking place in my dream), then come past my bed and into the hall and then turn around heading back my way, then 3 very loud knocks on my bed to which I had to force (and I mean force) to wake myself up, jolt and get out of bed.

I feel as if something is holding me down each time and still here watching?

Should I be worried as this is not the first time and it seems to be increasing? How I am googling this straight away is also beyond me.

Alan.

Edited by MyOwnPrison, 03 February 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#2    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,618 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 03 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

View PostMyOwnPrison, on 03 February 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

Hi there,

I'm not a religious person, very level headed and not what you call a "believer" however.

Recently and it's increased to twice this week now, I have a dream which then results in something holding me down and not letting me wake up or move. In this experience I remember vividly as it just happen and something made me start googling it and find this forum.

Anyway in this dream, I saw something/felt something invisible come in my window (not my actual house normally the house taking place in my dream), then come past my bed and into the hall and then turn around heading back my way, then 3 very loud knocks on my bed to which I had to force (and I mean force) to wake myself up, jolt and get out of bed.

I feel as if something is holding me down each time and still here watching?

Should I be worried as this is not the first time and it seems to be increasing? How I am googling this straight away is also beyond me.

Alan.
It's pretty common Alan. Try to relax. This might help.

http://www.unexplain...showentry=28266

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#3    johnny blue eyes

johnny blue eyes

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Hi Alan, wow , iv personally had this same experience about five times in my adult life (20 yrs). But never really talked about it before much.
On only the first occasion when I was about 17 I also felt and possibly saw a presence.
It felt like a hand pushing my head into the pillow with what felt like one finger In my earhole. I then was paralized unable to even move my lips to shout for help.
I then have an image of 3 maybe 4 small human like beings stood at the bottom of my bed.that is all I remember of it.
its not happened for a few years now and hope it never happens again because that feeling of helplessness when it does scares the crap out of me and have yet to find the answer as to why sp happens. Hope you can find .
btw im also non religious and very sceptical.

#4    Phenix20

Phenix20

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,828 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 05:50 PM

Sleep paralysis is a medical condition that affect certain people in their lives.

Sleep researchers conclude that, in most cases, sleep paralysis is simply a sign that your body is not moving smoothly through the stages of sleep. Rarely is sleep paralysis linked to deep underlying psychiatric problems.

Source: http://www.webmd.com...sleep-paralysis

Also see: http://www.periodicp.../view.asp?x=541

In the past (and still today) this medical condition was often attributed to an evil presence, such as the old hag syndrome, incubus, shadow people ect. There are strange cases that seems to go beyond the clinical explanations but these are very rare and uncommon.

If this is a recurent problem for you, you should to consult a doctor. Usually, sleep paralysis stop of it's own in one's life but more serious cases should get medical help.

Edited by sam_comm, 03 February 2014 - 05:56 PM.

#5    Duck33

Duck33

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

I've lived with it most of my life and it still catches me unaware even now. It can be a little disconcerting when you wake up only to wake into another dream and then start the whole process of struggling awake out of that dream...The feeling vulnerable, set upon and the feeling of a 'presence' in the room wishing you harm is typical but after 30 years of it I'm a little less bothered by it. It usually affects me when I'm over tired or if my bladder needs emptied while asleep. The dream state when you are unaware of being awake is very vivid and for the most part I can't tell the difference until something gives it away, walls shimmer or something out of place..that's when it gets replaced with the 'oh ****' vulnerable feeling as you become aware of the paralysis. I am convinced the vast majority of 'ghostly visitations' and 'alien abductions' are mis-identified hypnagogic hallucinations experienced by people not usually affected by them, studies suggest we will all experience it once or twice in our lifetime.

#6    The Exodia

The Exodia

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 120 posts

• Life goes on.

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:02 PM

normal for me now. knowing about the fact it exist in our mind. science,psychic and other stuff are all connected to each other to make it happen. but main system is still your mind and life energy. just relax and clear your mind before you sleep. i usually get this before it lock me, but i usually fight it with mind and positive things, they will leave you alone eventually. some are just going in and out to watch, just act normal. but never let it conquer your mind, it will be dangerous to let it. that is why there is always the emergency self conscious to wake you up. some people died in heart attack cause of the amount of shocked and paranoid energy they put in their system to dysfunction instead of normally. put some positive energy around you. example a plant,pets or anything that makes you calm and in peace.

Also tagged with sleep paralysis, knocking, visited

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users