Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Becoming a Spirit Hunter

Dragunai

I was recently playing the Demo to "Ghost Hunter" where your a cop with a Ray Gun and a Ray Grenade which absorbs Ghosts. He also wears special Ghost vision Goggles which let him see Ghosties and other monsters.

Now in Smart terms, I am Posing an idea here.

If I wanted to become a proffessional Ghost hunter want equipment would you suggest?

I posted this here as it was about Ghost and the paranormal which is want I wanna hunt.

I already know that Ghosts are made of ectoplasim, which is mainly comprised of Positive ions, which in turn are vunerable to Negitive Ions. I am already designing a Ray gun or Negitive Ion Rifle, Which I'll use to shoot the Ghosts and push them away, Im not sure if it'll destroy them but thats the hope. I'll also create a Negitive Ion Shield which in turn will stop Ghosts Getting too close.

But what equipment could I use to detect and See the ghosts?

And what equipment would be useful if I assemble a team?

Go for it and don't hold back, cost is only a small prioity.

Dragunai

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dragunai

• Loonboy

• Cufflink

• Falco Rex

Guest Lottie

I already know that Ghosts are made of ectoplasim

You obviously know something that no-one else on this planet knows then because as far as I am aware no-one has any real evidence that ghosts even exist let alone what they are made of.

Young lady...Well Im 17 so Im not sure if thats true or not. But none the less, Go with the flow.

Anyway I learnt that info there from stuff on Discovery Channel and other science channels and shows. And I asure you to the best of mine knowledge it's true.

Anyway, I get the feeling that info angered you?

Are you annoyed?

If so Im sorry, but the whole reason I want to become a Ghost hunter is to prove or disprove the exsistence of Ghosts. Why else would I do it?

Guest Lottie

No, your post has not angered me at all, why would it. I just find it very odd that you can say that a ghost is made from ectoplasm because a discovery channel has told you this and yet there is no scientific evidence, anywhere to support this. There has never been a sighting where a ghost has stayed around long enough for anyone to do experiments on, which makes statements such as yours even more perculiar. If there was real proof then there would not be so many people trying to find out what the paranormal and Ghosts are all about and generally running around like headless chickens.

By way being in my late twenties, you calling me a young lady is great. Thanks!! original.gif

p.s Good luck with your ghost hunting. original.gif

Edited by Lottie

Hey Lottie in the spirit of make a new friend day Will you be my new friend?

Your the first person I've spoken to aside from ambyglam1, and Im his new friend.

Oh and with the Ghost Hunting, The whole reason Im becomeing a Ghost hunter is to prove your point right or wrong.

If successful I will hunt down and defeat ghosts with my ray gun, proving you wrong or I'll shoot some poor cat and prove you right, then I'll shoot the cat's Ghost. lol

Guest Lottie

Yay for the ray gun!! LOL

Of course I will be your new UM friend.

original.gif

Edited by Lottie

Exellent, Now I have to keep this on track or It'll get locked which is always a swine.

Now My theory is negitive energy can destroy a ghost, a negitive energy force field will stop a ghost from crossing that point, Ie my body (lol).

I can't prove it until I have the equipment I need which will take a few monthes to build a fair bit of cash.

But I need to know what other equipment you guys would suggest for Hunting Ghosts, so far its:

Ray Gun

Ray Shield

Night vision Goggles

I need more than that surely

Guest Lottie

I just have to ask this question , are you being serious?? blink.gif Your last post reminds me of Ghostbusters.

Ray Gun, Ray Shield, Night vision Goggles

How did you come about a theory that negative energy field can destroy a ghost?

And why would you want to destroy a Ghost in the first place if you want to investigate the paranormal?

Oh yeah you asked what equipment you need. The typical investigator takes along equip such as,

EMF readers - a complete waste of time,

temperature sensors - a complete waste of time,

motion detectors - a complete waste of time

and the untrustworthy digital camera.

The problem with asking what equipment to use is that no-one really knows what to use because no-one actually knows what a Ghost is 'made of.' Hence the use of equipment like the above is irrelevant. Until that time comes that someone somewhere can give a scientific visable explanation to a Ghosts make-up and by the looks of things its not going to be soon... Its like the blind leading the blind.

Edited by Lottie

I think your main equipment should be intelligence, rationality and a healthy sense of skepticism..

Find out if there's anything worth investigating before you worry about whether you can blast it or not.. thumbsup.gif

If a ghost is just a replay caused by electromagnetic forces, then perhaps neutralising them would be a good idea.

But has it occured to you, Dragunai, that spirits may be thinking, feeling individuals? Trapped souls? Is it morally right to vaporise them for the sheer adventure of it?

Luckily, this is just a theoretical discussion.

Well, the closest we have to a repeatable phenomena are haunted houses. From past experience, we know that ghosts do not appear reliably on regular film, digital film, infra-red film, or night-vision film. They also don't regularly trigger off magnetometers, or motion sensors.

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what other detection devices you could use.

I already know that Ghosts are made of ectoplasim

You obviously know something that no-one else on this planet knows then because as far as I am aware no-one has any real evidence that ghosts even exist let alone what they are made of.

as far as I am aware no-one has any real evidence that ghosts even exist let alone what they are made of.

I agree with you,

I've seen a few experiments that have been doe before, And they can never proove it. GHOSTs does not exist !! I believe you're able to feel negative energy, but thats even in your head too.. So, stop watching the movie "ghost busters" thats just a hollywood movie...

I'm at a loss as to where to start on this thread.... wacko.gif

Here goes:

Why on Earth would you want to 'blast' a ghost or spirit in the first place?

What makes you think you could?

How can anyone think that spirituality and the paranormal is a case of a 'shoot em up'?

My suggestion, is to go back to playing arcade games and leave the paranormal alone - or you might get an unwelcome surprise, matey. ph34r.gif

But has it occured to you, Dragunai, that spirits may be thinking, feeling individuals? Trapped souls? Is it morally right to vaporise them for the sheer adventure of it?

Hell yes!!!

Dragunai needs adventure.

but I liked ---

think your main equipment should be intelligence, rationality and a healthy sense of skepticism..

Find out if there's anything worth investigating before you worry about whether you can blast it or not.. 

Good point.

Why on Earth would you want to 'blast' a ghost or spirit in the first place?

What makes you think you could?

How can anyone think that spirituality and the paranormal is a case of a 'shoot em up'?

1: Because I want to, It'll make me famous if I do

2: Because science and Dragunai are good Friends (not a nerd!!!)

3: Because Im partially crazy.

Next.... (lol)

My suggestion, is to go back to playing arcade games and leave the paranormal alone - or you might get an unwelcome surprise, matey.

If I get jumped by a Ghost won't that prove my point?

Erm no.

Seriously, if you wanted to investigate the paranormal, you'd have to start by thinking objectively and intelligently about it, then approaching it with rationalism, respect and courage.

None of those qualities can be found in 'shoot em ups'.

Plus, if you go into a situation/location with the intention of zapping anything that moves, I really want to be somewhere else... huh.gif

Plus, if you go into a situation/location with the intention of zapping anything that moves, I really want to be somewhere else...

He sounds like some of the folks on the board here in regards to international politics... tongue.gif

Wow. I love kids. They can come up with some amazing logic to support their arguments...

Dragunai, I might recommend doing a bit of reading on ghosts, and hauntings before you start whipping out the soldering iron to build your ray gun. I love a ray gun as much as the next guy, but I think that your efforts might be more helpful to the cause if you were to work towards proving ghosts actually exist before you start zapping them.

Just my opinion...but if you want to build a ray gun anyway, I might recommend your moms most powerful hair drier affixed to a vegitable colander.

Throw in a couple of blinking lights. I don't know what they could possibly do, but I think it would probably up the effectiveness in some fashion. Nothing says high-tech and effective like random blinking lights.

Dragunai, I might recommend doing a bit of reading on ghosts, and hauntings before you start whipping out the soldering iron to build your ray gun. I love a ray gun as much as the next guy, but I think that your efforts might be more helpful to the cause if you were to work towards proving ghosts actually exist before you start zapping them.

Just my opinion...but if you want to build a ray gun anyway, I might recommend your moms most powerful hair drier affixed to a vegitable colander

OMG!!!!!!!!!........ ohmy.gifhuh.gif That is just too funny... w00t.giflaugh.gifgrin2.gif

LMFEAO........ devil.gif

Reese

If I get jumped by a Ghost won't that prove my point?

I lived in an extremely 'troubled' house for nearly nine years, and you don't get 'jumped' by ghosts. It just starts to eat away at you. It's not funny, and a low-grade Resi game, like the crap you're trying to emulate, has no basis in reality.

Just my opinion...but if you want to build a ray gun anyway, I might recommend your moms most powerful hair drier affixed to a vegitable colander.

Throw in a couple of blinking lights. I don't know what they could possibly do, but I think it would probably up the effectiveness in some fashion. Nothing says high-tech and effective like random blinking lights.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

If you do decide to follow Fluffybunny's excellent advice, can we see a photo?

I was all worried about poor defenseless ghosts being zapped by Captain Kirk's love-child (We come in peace, shoot to kill), and was about to post a warning to the same effect as Falco Rex, then I read FluffyBunny's reply.

Fluffybunny, I laughed sooooooo much. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Much more effective lol

• 3 weeks later...

When I complete the blue prints for my "Ray Gun" I'll post them here for you to see.

then I 'll say "I told you I can build it", with another picture of me frying some animal because it came out of nowhere and scared the crap outta me.

lol

(just kidding about the animal, It would be my sister)

And I happen to like Resi, it spooks me and gave me my necrophobia but either way....

• 2 weeks later...

Why would anyone wanna "zap" a ghost? Thats stupid. Anyways, I so happen to be a ghost hunter myself....my theory is ghosts are made of dust and electricity and the soul of someone. And ray gun? LoL.....

Im not sure if it'll destroy them but thats the hope.

Why would you want to do that you big meanie!