Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Classic Rock youtube challenge!

None of the above

Classic rock, so nothing too heavy.

Find a song on youtube and post it.

Be prepared for ridicule if you choose something too flufffy! ;)

I'll start :)

Here's Uriah Heep with 'Easy Livin'

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 2

*snipped bites the dust*

Rock, borderline metal. :tu:

Good call TJ. I'm not familiar with them but just listened to the track. Excellent. Has a 'Dio' feel imho.

Sooo, right back at ya with Rainbow: I surrender and Can't Happen Here

http://youtu.be/5Gcc3hDC4kI

[media=]http://youtu.be/t49v1f2q6DU[/media]

Edited by Atlantia
  • Like 1

Good call TJ. I'm not familiar with them but just listened to the track. Excellent. Has a 'Dio' feel imho.

Sooo, right back at ya with Rainbow: I Surrender

[media=]

[/media]

Ohh that's a coincidence. I was thinking about linking Rainbow in the Dark since you mentioned Dio. ;)

I can't load too many more videos sadly I need to watch my Internet usage.

• Like 1

Can we ridicule it if it's derivitive, a pretender or just sucks?

Can we ridicule it if it's derivitive, a pretender or just sucks?

Only if you have posted your own picks! Fair's fair.

I have good memories of skipping school senior year almost every day with my 2 friends, and we would listen to the classic rock station in my friend's old Volkswagen Bug while we were driving. Boston's "More Than A Feeling" was one of them.

I also had a co-worker who committed suicide, after his wife and family left him. I felt so bad, and have a strong memory of listening to Radiohead's "Creep" on the radio as I drove home after hearing he had killed himself, and being so sad.

I mixed some memories together (I think they're both considered classic rock by now). Dedicated to Scott!

• Like 1

Great work, _Only! We all have songs that have extra meanings to them.

I really don't know that many classic rock genre-d songs, can I link some lighter forms of metal? :unsure:

Go for it TJ :)

"Thick as a Brick", Jethro Tull - 1972. Classic Rock, def.: when there was music.

"'Thick as a Brick' which is presented as a poem written by an 8-year-old literary prodigy, Gerald "Little Milton" Bostock, whose disqualification from a poetry contest is the focus of the front page story. This article claims that although Bostock initially won the contest with "Thick as a Brick," the judges' decision was repealed after a multitude of protests and threats concerning the offensive nature of the poem, furthered by allegations of the boy's psychological instability." In other words, not politically correct.

• Like 2

"Thick as a Brick", Jethro Tull - 1972. Classic Rock, def.: when there was music.

Bloody Hippy! ;)

[media=]

[/media]

I actually thought about 'Lights out' but 'Hot n ready' narrowly edged it out. :)

• Like 1

This one is from a band called Klaatu which briefly became famous due to a rumor that they were really the Beatles using another name...

This song is one of the very first songs to use a synthesized voice...

Little Neutrino (film clips from Stephen Hawkins documentary "Into The Universe")

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Taun
  • Like 1

I have good memories of skipping school senior year almost every day with my 2 friends, and we would listen to the classic rock station in my friend's old Volkswagen Bug while we were driving. Boston's "More Than A Feeling" was one of them.

I also had a co-worker who committed suicide, after his wife and family left him. I felt so bad, and have a strong memory of listening to Radiohead's "Creep" on the radio as I drove home after hearing he had killed himself, and being so sad.

I mixed some memories together (I think they're both considered classic rock by now). Dedicated to Scott!

[media=]

[/media]

Respect mate. fallen comrades. Precious memories.

Edited by Atlantia