Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Farmer, 74, Grows Cannabis Crop by Mistake

cannabis germany bavaria

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 03:57 PM

Spiegel said:

A Bavarian farmer wanted to grow sunflowers on a spare patch of land but ended up with a thriving crop of cannabis that earned him a visit from drug enforcement officials. He said he had planted the field with old bird food, not realizing that it contained hemp seeds.

An elderly Bavarian farmer who said he had intended to grow sunflowers planted a field of 1,000 cannabis plants by mistake, police said.

Police alerted by residents in the town of Mömbris in southern Germany found three-meter-high (9.84 feet) cannabis plants on a field of 300 square meters, prompting a visit by drug enforcement officials to the 74-year-old farmer. "He explained to the astonished officers that he had really wanted to grow sunflowers," police said in a statement on Tuesday. "But because he didn't have any sunflower seeds, he instead scattered half a sack of old bird seed he had at home.

Read more

Ye, come pops, by mistake eh? :devil:

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Yeah, and he accidentally built a meth-lab while trying to plumb-in an en-suite toilet.

Edited by Atlantia, 05 September 2012 - 04:29 PM.

#3    sarah_444

sarah_444

Poltergeist

• 2,809 posts

• "It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see." -Henry David Thoreau

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

I tried to grow  sunflowers a couple of years ago. No sunflowers or cannabis grew, but a pumpkin did. :unsure:

#4    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,065 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

Poor old guy :( I'm willing to bet he really didn't realize what all seed he had in that bag.

#5    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 13,431 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 05 September 2012 - 04:59 PM

I smell bull manure, maybe he was fertilizing with bull manure?

#6    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,554 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

I refuse to believe they have marijuana seeds in bird seed. They have hemp seeds which do grow a cannibas plant, but not the one with all the illegal THC in it. Hemp is actually a really useful plant.. just widely unused because of it's association with pot.

Embrace the impossible.

#7    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,625 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

View PostPurplos, on 05 September 2012 - 05:18 PM, said:

I refuse to believe they have marijuana seeds in bird seed. They have hemp seeds which do grow a cannibas plant, but not the one with all the illegal THC in it. Hemp is actually a really useful plant.. just widely unused because of it's association with pot.

There are more than 90 cannabis strains, one of which is the classic hemp plant. Not all of them contain any noticeable THC and some are in fact used as bird seeds. About 15 of these (plus hybrids of those 15) can be used to get high.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#8    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,802 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:55 PM

It is a good resource for cloth, paper, oil and rope. It is a waste not to use it. Yes they do use it in bird seed. They do something  to it so it won't grow around the feeder these days.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#9    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,065 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

QM is on the money- cannabis is the family name of both the hemp we use industrially and marijuana we use as a drug. Different cultivars have different THC amounts. So no, they don't load birdseed with marijuana, or high THC seed. They use hemp, or low THC seed.
Depending on where you live and where the bird seed is coming from, it may or may not be rendered inert. I think they usually heat treat it, I know that's what you do at home. Bake it in the oven for a while to kill the seed. I'm pretty sure hemp in the U.S. is supposed to be rendered inert. I don't know what German laws are about it.

#10    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,066 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

:innocent:   ...   what 1000 cannabis plants ?

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#11    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,016 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:26 PM

by mistake, you say...didn't notice they didn't look anything like sunflowers, huh? wow that's one stupid farmer.
Posted Image

#12    None of the above

None of the above

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,418 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostJGirl, on 05 September 2012 - 08:26 PM, said:

by mistake, you say...didn't notice they didn't look anything like sunflowers, huh? wow that's one stupid farmer.
Posted Image

He must have been high to think the cops would believe him.

Great animation btw!

#13    Junior Chubb

Junior Chubb

There has been an awakening

• 5,271 posts

• I am Junior Chubb, son of the Chubb, father of Chubb III

Posted 05 September 2012 - 09:42 PM

Could I use that excuse for the production line of skunk plants I have in my basement?

I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to show me where the hell Helen of Annoy has been for the past couple of months.

#14    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:03 AM

View PostOverSword, on 05 September 2012 - 04:59 PM, said:

I smell bull manure, maybe he was fertilizing with bull manure?

I have never heard of Bavarian pot farmers though. Have you ?

Miss me?

#15    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,259 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

So here's the deal... Herr Farmer is a naughty boy who is telling a plausible lie... I'm pretty sure he didn't plant bird seed.

Yes, many bird seeds DO contain hemp seed. The hemp in bird seed mixes is irradiated so it can't sprout! The DEA and other drug enforcement agencies make sure that all hemp in all birdseed can't germinate! I believe this widely took effect back in the 1970s.

Not only will it not sprout, but it contains little to no THC after it's irradiated. Back when the seed companies started rendering it useless, MANY canary owners were really really mad... many of them had canaries that stopped singing after their pot got taken away! LOL. So ya, why does the cage bird sing? He's stoned of course! LOL

Edited by MissMelsWell, 08 September 2012 - 03:22 AM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Also tagged with cannabis, germany, bavaria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users