Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Buzz Aldrin comments on UFO following Apollo

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#46    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 14 January 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Nothing like the horses mouth huh? :tu:

Of course the conspiracy minded won't buy it however that's hardly indicative of an actual conspiracy.

If he said he hasn't seen it, then we'll have to take his words for it. But it doesn't change the facts that others have. It's not like "Since Buzz hasn't seen UFOs, Its must not exist!"

#47    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,221 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 14 January 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

If he said he hasn't seen it, then we'll have to take his words for it. But it doesn't change the facts that others have. It's not like "Since Buzz hasn't seen UFOs, Its must not exist!"

Nor is it like "since astronauts have seen UFO's then they must exist", from an ETH perspective at least. Don't get me wrong, UFO's are a very real phenomena. However I try to reserve judgement on what they actually are until solid evidence is forthcoming. I have no problem with leaving something 'unknown', unlike some who feel the need to label a UFO as alien without due evidence.

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

#48    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,052 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:35 AM

Im positive that they did not see an SLA panel. I've defended that position over several threads and several year here. I'm not sure what is was but I'm sure it wasn't ET either.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#49    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:03 AM

Of course many other people have.

But weren't we talking about astronauts on space flights?

Isn't that a much shorter list -- maybe even, an empty one?

#50    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,780 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:05 AM

View Postlost_shaman, on 14 January 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

Im positive that they did not see an SLA panel. I've defended that position over several threads and several year here. I'm not sure what is was but I'm sure it wasn't ET either.

Since SLA panels were also reported on other flights, and were photographed through telescopes from Earth accompanying the CSMs, why wouldn't the crews sometimes have seen them on the outbound leg [never on the return leg, of course, for obvious reasons]?

#51    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostJimOberg, on 14 January 2013 - 05:03 AM, said:

Of course many other people have.

But weren't we talking about astronauts on space flights?

Isn't that a much shorter list -- maybe even, an empty one?

Are there not even one astronaut believing in UFOs? I don't know about empty, though

#52    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,295 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 14 January 2013 - 01:14 AM, said:

Nothing like the horses mouth huh? :tu:

Of course the conspiracy minded won't buy it however that's hardly indicative of an actual conspiracy.

Indeed :D I am really very surprised to see this subject pop up again to be honest. There was that big long thread on the debris last year, and when Zoser tried to call it a genuine "Astronaut Disclosure" I informed him of the same.

To be quite frank, I am unsure how this one could get so hyped up. It has not inly been ousted by Buzz, it has been discussed extensively, and the real story is quite well known, that being that the TV show did what TV shows do best. They took a story and changed it to get more bottoms in seats. Why the UFO buff's keep putting so much faith in an entertainment medium I cannot fathom, but it does show that UFO buff's most certainly do not bother to look any further than the woo woo sites that make such outlandish claims without any proof.

I guess the only answer we are faced with is that the UFO buffs do not want to know, they only want to hear what they want to hear. This case is proof of that much I am sure. Be funny if Buzz gave the shows producers a little justice Bart Sibrel fashion LOL.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#53    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,295 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

There is no "it" that is the thing here, there never was an "it". The entire story is a fabrication at Buzz's expense and Buzz let the cat out of the bag. Buzz is good like that.

Ed Mitchell says UFO's exist, but the papers tend to omit he also says he has not seen any, he has just heard about them. Sadly, some of the people he "heard" about them from are known frauds, like Bob Lazar, Stephen Greer and Glenn Dennis. Even the UFO buffs give those men a wide berth.

I think that leaves you with Cooper. That s a very complex tale.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#54    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,295 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

View PostJimOberg, on 14 January 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

Since SLA panels were also reported on other flights, and were photographed through telescopes from Earth accompanying the CSMs, why wouldn't the crews sometimes have seen them on the outbound leg [never on the return leg, of course, for obvious reasons]?

Indeed, but I know what LS's cryptic comment refers to, that being the Mylar panel Collins describes (when the CSM-LM went Boom) during the flight. It seems to be a much better candidate optically, time and distance wise, unless I am mistaken. Lost Shaman actually told me about the observations by James Young from Table Top Mountain, asa such he is very aware of them, the panels are a good culprit, but might have been a bit far out to resolve at all. The Mylar is likely to have been closer, and within viewing distance.

I have to agree with Lost Shaman here, I think Astronaut Collins made the right call on that one.

Edited by psyche101, 14 January 2013 - 08:10 AM.

#55    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 14 January 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

Are there not even one astronaut believing in UFOs? I don't know about empty, though

No one here is arguing the existence of UFOs,... We all know they exist.

What some of these UFO are is the million dollar question.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#56    wimfloppp

wimfloppp

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

Most likely space junk

#57    JimOberg

JimOberg

Psychic Spy

• 1,780 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostSwampgasBalloonBoy, on 14 January 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

Astronauts saying the saw a 'UFO' on a space flight.

There are a few intriguing descriptions of visual phenomena, from astronauts and cosmonauts, that do deserve interest.

So maybe if we stretch the meaning of the word, in the sense that not everything that's been seen has been fully understood -- well, OK.

#58    quillius

quillius

• 4,783 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 14 January 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Astronauts saying the saw a 'UFO' on a space flight.

There are a few intriguing descriptions of visual phenomena, from astronauts and cosmonauts, that do deserve interest.

So maybe if we stretch the meaning of the word, in the sense that not everything that's been seen has been fully understood -- well, OK.

so when an astronaut specifically says UFO they are not talking about unusual visual phenomena.

do you agree with this sentence Jim? if not how do we differntiate between the 'stretch' to visual phenomena versus UFO (in the sense of the word prior to the stretch) ??

#59    lost_shaman

lost_shaman

Alien Abducter

• 5,052 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

View PostJimOberg, on 14 January 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

Well Jim, obviously early on in the flights right after jettison the Panels are much closer for example when they were photographed accompanying the CSMs those photos were taken much earlier in the Flights than when the Apollo 11 crew reported their sighting.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

#60    SwampgasBalloonBoy

SwampgasBalloonBoy

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 14 January 2013 - 08:05 AM, said:

There is no "it" that is the thing here, there never was an "it". The entire story is a fabrication at Buzz's expense and Buzz let the cat out of the bag. Buzz is good like that.

Ed Mitchell says UFO's exist, but the papers tend to omit he also says he has not seen any, he has just heard about them. Sadly, some of the people he "heard" about them from are known frauds, like Bob Lazar, Stephen Greer and Glenn Dennis. Even the UFO buffs give those men a wide berth.

I think that leaves you with Cooper. That s a very complex tale.

Here's Ed Mitchell clearing things up. The stuffs he heard about was confirmed by an admiral at the Pentagon. I don't think Ed is so gullible to believe in this kind of things without good cause.

http://dsc.discovery...r-mitchell.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users