Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

Can humanity afford a real life Star Trek ?

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#76    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

View Postbzykillnzombies, on 05 June 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

there's better things to do with $1 trillion... feed half the entire planet maybe?

There's better statements to be made with your first 2 posts here. Good on you for being humanitarian about this, but long-term...

Exploring your own consciousness is the fundamental right of every individual

Locking people in a cage because they choose to exercise that right should be considered a crime against humanity

#77    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,680 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

View Postdanielost, on 05 June 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

The usa throws away enough food to feed the world.  If you add in what families and restraunts throw away maybe feed tge world twice.  Then the congress passed a law making us turn a percentage of the corn crop into fuel.

Some of the third world nations don't have the infrastrucher to get food from the docks to the people.  This includes the indian reservations that got government checks. Further if they borrow money from the imf, they can't spend it too makethings better for their peopl.  Then you have thedictators that use hungry to control the people.
Watch any TV show with Chef Ramsey...

Trashcans full of good food tossed out every episode.

..."NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!"....
If the food is slightly burnt, or slightly raw, he throws it into the trash can.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#78    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,680 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:44 AM

View Postdanielost, on 05 June 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

The usa throws away enough food to feed the world.  If you add in what families and restraunts throw away maybe feed tge world twice.  Then the congress passed a law making us turn a percentage of the corn crop into fuel.

Some of the third world nations don't have the infrastrucher to get food from the docks to the people.  This includes the indian reservations that got government checks. Further if they borrow money from the imf, they can't spend it too makethings better for their peopl.  Then you have thedictators that use hungry to control the people.
I think that first it needs to be established that humans can live and breed and survive indefinately in open space, with minimal gravity/exercise and minimal resources. If humans can survive in low gravity and create new generations of humans there, then it should be OK to start preparing to send millions of people out.

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#79    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,900 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:20 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 06 June 2013 - 12:44 AM, said:

I think that first it needs to be established that humans can live and breed and survive indefinately in open space, with minimal gravity/exercise and minimal resources. If humans can survive in low gravity and create new generations of humans there, then it should be OK to start preparing to send millions of people out.

The problem here is you have to send people out to do, in order to test it.  And w can do one artficail gravity trick just spin the station.  Tge current space staton can't do this because it is designed wrong.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

#80    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,680 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:38 AM

View Postdanielost, on 06 June 2013 - 07:20 PM, said:

The problem here is you have to send people out to do, in order to test it.  And w can do one artficail gravity trick just spin the station.  Tge current space staton can't do this because it is designed wrong.
YEah, I recognize that. It's going to have to be vollintary in action. But I see it happening sooner or latter.

#81    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 28,900 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

There is the dutch company, with a one way trip.  Doesn't need to be since we can get there and back with my modular ship.

I am a mormon.  If I don't use mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the mormon faith. Thank for careing and if you don't peace be with you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users