Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mayan codex may to lead to lost treasure

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1    04736

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:47 AM

An expert in Mayan writing believes he has deciphered a code that will lead to eight tons of gold.

Fox News: Latino said:

Rittsteig calculates that "just the gold in the tablets is estimated to be currently worth up to 211 million euros (290 million dollars). "

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Kitana2010

Kitana2010

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:12 PM

Kinda creepy there was a giant earthquake that destroyed the mayan capital in.. 666BC.

Edit: Ok, this article lost all credibilty to me in the last sentence: "In the last chapter, the codex describes the coming apocalypse, which it says will take place on December 12th, 2012."

Time and time again, scientists have said its not an "apocolypse" its the start of a new begining. And I believe this. Its a cycle. If Dec 2012 was the end of days, a new cycle couldn't begin.

Edited by Kitana2010, 03 March 2011 - 12:15 PM.

#3    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 12:40 PM

Good luck and have a nice swim. My hat will come off to Joachim if he finds anything, or the world ends... (but in that case my hat may be already off)

#4    trish1997

trish1997

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:43 PM

Right,,  I would not tell till I had all the gold hidden for personal use  LOL

#5    Ikki

Ikki

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Bibo cerevisiam, ergo sum.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 01:59 PM

LOL. This is funny. I love Fox News.

There is no evidence of such early gold use anywhere in Mesoamerica, as far as I'm aware, and certainly not for those purposes. And there doesn't appear to have been a Maya city named Atlan. At 666 BC. Which sank into a lake. It's pretty obvious where those inspirations came from. :rolleyes:

But much more telling, the alleged professor Rittsteig is nowhere to be found in a Google search, except in this single article.

UM member marduk said:

Listen buddy the only thing the danish are experts on is lager.

"A knife stays sharp by applying friction at a slight angle on both sides of its edge, not by giving it moist kisses 24/7" - Abramelin, drunk

#6    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

Sadly it seems a nonsense to me.

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

#7    Merc14

Merc14

anti-woo magician

• 4,617 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 02:31 PM

@lkki:  Funny that you jeer at Fox News, that is merely reporting the groups departure, yet say nothing about the German newspaprer that is actually funding this absurd expedition.  Your bias is showing.  LOL

#8    SV-001

SV-001

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

• You must learn to program your own mind. If you don't, others will learn to program it for you.

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

Are they allowed to take the gold home? I don't think it's fair.

#9    tipotep

tipotep

Psychic Spy

• 1,068 posts

• Muchos Spectacular

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

Sounds a bit strange ....

Maya capital of Atlan

The treasure sank, along with the city, into the waters

Sounds like a cross between plato and Sitchin  :w00t:

TiP.

Archaeology is the search for fact... not truth. - Indiana Jones .

** Lannisters like to keep it in the family **

#10    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:24 AM

It is the start of a new beginning - that could have many interpretations. Such as the start of a new beginning of life... or a new beginning on a political level, technological level, etc...

#11    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:11 AM

It's the beginning of a new calendar.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#12    Ikki

Ikki

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Bibo cerevisiam, ergo sum.

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

View PostMerc14, on 03 March 2011 - 02:31 PM, said:

@lkki:  Funny that you jeer at Fox News, that is merely reporting the groups departure, yet say nothing about the German newspaprer that is actually funding this absurd expedition.  Your bias is showing.  LOL
My apologies. Compared to the Bild, Fox News is an oasis of sanity.

If anyone reads German, this seems to be the original article: http://www.bild.de/B...onnen-gold.html.

I find it funny that took a mathematician to come up with a translation that no professional Mayanist have stumbled upon before.

UM member marduk said:

Listen buddy the only thing the danish are experts on is lager.

"A knife stays sharp by applying friction at a slight angle on both sides of its edge, not by giving it moist kisses 24/7" - Abramelin, drunk

#13    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,874 posts

• Oops.

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:12 PM

This sounds more like the plot of a Dirk Pitt novel... actually, I'm pretty sure this is Inca Gold.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#14    StarChild 83

StarChild 83

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 277 posts

• "The truth was forgotten long ago, now we just have our imaginations to fill in the blanks." StarChild 83

Posted 04 March 2011 - 07:50 PM

that would amazing if they do find the treasure. But it's not like the money would go to help anyone who could really use it.

#15    Mac E

Mac E

Mass Confuser

• 2,100 posts

• If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Posted 10 March 2011 - 03:37 PM

What I am curious about the most is the laws that are supposed to be on the tablets.  That is priceless and would give great insight to their culture.

In the beginning there were only probabilities. The universe could only come into existence if someone observed it. It does not matter that the observers turned up several billion years later. The universe exists because we are aware of it.

Martin Rees (1942) Astrophysicist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users