Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gobekli Tepe: The Worlds First Temple?

WiseWoman

Gobekli Tepe: The World's First Temple?

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history-archaeology/gobekli-tepe.html

Changing history and how we thought about hunter-gather societies...

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2011/06/gobekli-tepe/mann-text

And for some conspiracy.....

Until excavations began, a complex on this scale was not thought possible for a community so ancient. The massive sequence of stratification layers suggests several millennia of activity, perhaps reaching back to the Mesolithic. The oldest occupation layer (stratum III) contains monolithic pillars linked by coarsely built walls to form circular or oval structures. Göbekli Tepe has revealed several adjacent rectangular rooms with floors of polished lime, reminiscent of Roman terrazzo floors.

Thus, the structures not only predate pottery, metallurgy, and the invention of writing or the wheel; they were built before the so-called Neolithic Revolution, i.e., the beginning of agriculture and animal husbandry around 9000 BC. But the construction of Göbekli Tepe implies organisation of an order of complexity not hitherto associated with Paleolithic, PPNA, or PPNB societies. http://blog.world-mysteries.com/strange-artifacts/gobekli-tepe-6000-years-older-than-stonehenge/

Some You Tube conspiracy...

The question is: What is Gobekli Tepe? What does it tell us about history? History is forever changed by this archaeological find....How do you feel about this?

I homeschool my children...this has totally changed how I teach some parts of history. Gobekli Tepe...Amazing!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Bad Voodoo

• WiseWoman

• Swede

• wondertemple

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Wisewoman and welcome to UM!

Gobekli Tepe is amazing site. I wonder why they burried it?

I notice you wrote "older then stonehenge"...Well... more time passed since Gobekli Tepe to Great pyramid then from Great pyramid to our time. Its much older then Stonehenge. To this Stonehenge seems like third world country.

Also digging still going at Gobekli Tepe so who knows what else we will find.

Edited by the L

Hi Wisewoman,

Not to spoil the fun, but here are already many threads about Göbekli Tepe .

Here's one (22 pages):

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=231550&st=0

Another one (20 pages):

http://www.unexplain...pic=199629&st=0

Edited by Abramelin

Hello wisewoman

..........and if it isn't Old man Crow...

++++++++Gobekli Tepe what does it mean?

Original Bird Tribe pre Magdalene proto dinosaurian Earthen Mound origin of Mythrias and Mayan seven-cavelike structure?

Place of the Skull, where the Ark was landed or where the body of Adam was taken to after the flood?

9997 BC Sunrise of Atlantian/Mayan Age repeat event?

++++++++++++++

My roommate just gave me some good advice. You got a big heart just don't let it _____________you.

If I told you Adam was taken here after the Flood would that spoil Gobekli Tepe from being Noah's Ark Temple also?

The ark of three stones, a place sacred to where the Gods hailed and where mankinds seed originalted? It does sound like a conspiracy theory but its all TRUE>

The only thing fake is Hollywood and 9/11 and our response to 9/11 and aluminium planes de-storying towers, these are the real lies.

Seek the evidence and ye shall findeth

The your so called :"conspiracy video" of Wayne Herschel's "hidden records" website is actually very correct indeed. www.thehiddenrecords.com

In fact half the "unexplained mysterious hype" posted in this niches would be solved by going to about three or four websites Wayne's world first, all having to do with "secrets in plane sight". SInce this is not a forum for Mushrooms or Sacred Geometry I do thank you for the link to the video you mislabel as "conspiracy" or "Theory".

Wayne Herschel holds a very big Key , he overturns history but has nothing to say about History of 9/11 which is suspiciously involved in Orion since my own research points to Orion in the aftermath of 9/11. (mother of all conspiracy whores but we won't touch but the edges)

I also recommend Timothy Stephanie's analysis of Gobekli Tepe and its Bird and Boar Stones with other animals that represent ancient constellations.www.timothystephany.com/gobekli.html

The stones around Gobekli Temple B represent a calendar of 1890 days or 7 x 270 days this was part of the Sky God Earth Goddess Brigid,(Bridget).

Incidently Wayne Herschel's co-author and presumed girlfriend has the same name.

Coincidence with what the Seshet.com has to say about BRIGID is here at www.seshat.ch/home/lascaux3.htm

Some 12,000 years ago, a Late Magdalenian tribe settled in southeast Anatolia and built a five meters high earth mound on the limestone outcrop known as Göbekli Tepe, Nabled Hill, and on top of the mound a hypothetical calendar sanctuary consecrated to the triple goddess, the fire giver PIR GID, the fur giver BIR GID, the fertility giver BRI GID, and her triple hero AAR RAA NOS and AD DA MAN and GIS BAL CA MmOS whose names shall be explained later on. In the center of the circular sanctuary on top of the hill stood a Tree of Life, around it a dozen poles that symbolized the solar year of a dozen months of 30 days each. The year was organized this way:

2 and occasionally 3 days of the winter solstice, BRI GID (falcon) PIR GID

first midwinter day consecrated to BRI GID

(occasional day in between consecrated to the falcon)

last midwinter day consecrated to PIR GID,

night of the fire archers PIR RYT (origin of the river name Euphrates)

and their ‘fingers of light and luck’ DIG LIC (origin of the river name Tigris)

turn of the year, mild winter

3 times 30 days of PIR GID

3 times 30 days of AD DA MAN

3 days of the summer solstice, AD DA MAN turtle AAR RAA NOS

first midsummer day consecrated to AD DA MAN

second midsummer day consecrated to the turtle

third midsummer day consecrated to AAR RAA NOS

3 times 30 days of AAR RAA NOS

3 times 30 days of BRI GID

swelling rivers, begin of rainy season

(and again 2 or sometimes 3 midwinter days)

63 continuous periods of 30 days, or 270 weeks of 7 days, are 1,890 days and correspond to 64 lunations, mistake less than one minute per lunation, or half a day in a lifetime. This excellent relation of month and lunation was found using the very ancient algorithm of transforming lunations into days: 30 29 30 29 30 29 30 29 30 29 30 … days for 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 … lunations.

17 lunations are 502 days

15 lunations are 443 days

64 lunations are 1,890 days

A dozen poles on top of the earth mound represented a dozen months of 30 days, while the space between the Tree of Life in the center and another pole near the tree represented the five and occasionally six additional days of the solar year (two and sometimes three days of midwinter, three days of midsummer). The dozen poles around the Tree of Life in the center formed a wide circle. Four poles marked the cardinal directions, the northern pole being consecrated to the fur giver BIR GID, and the southern one to GIS BAL CA MmOS. This organization reflected the zones of the land around the Göbekli Tepe:

North --- BIR GID

Rising midsummer sun --- AAR RAA NOS

Rising midwinter sun --- BRI GID

South --- GIS BAL CA MmOS

Setting midwinter sun --- PIR GID

Setting midsummer sun --- AD DA MAN

The dozen poles were arranged as the dial of a clock. A flat horizon provided, this type of sanctuary served as observatory of the rising and setting sun on the solstices and equinoxes, owing to the geographical latitude of Upper Mesopotamia.

The triple goddess and her triple hero ruled the land according to the number six in the above scheme, and according to the number four according to the following scheme:

Sky --- AAR RAA NOS

North --- BIR GID

East --- AD DA MAN

West --- BRI GID

Underworld --- PIR GID

In my calendar of Adam, I have him born as Cheops in 4396 BC. I found it interesting that Between 4396 BC and 9997 BC are 5601 years, the years in expressed in the Great Pyramid and its Divine Proportions and secrets, the 5601 years as a length given the history of the Human Kings, in according to Mantheo the Sothic cycle and post Atlantian age Old Egypt

• Great Pyramid: Its Divine Message - Page 223 - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?isbn=1564591166
    David Davidson, Herbert Aldersmith - 1992 - Body, Mind & Spirit
    Pyramid's terminal period of 487.77, represented by the King Lists as ... Table A) this period appears as 5601 years for the duration of the human kings, ...books.google.com/books?isbn=156459116
    This date of this 4396 I have for the birth of Adam is part of the JarediteOlmec/toltec calendar inheritance that I have decoded from Ixtliloxochitl. Thats enough links for tonight.
    Peace Gobeli Tepe lovers

Thanks for the welcome, Telekinetic!

Gobekli Tepe is so interesting, and is a ongoing achaeoligical site. Who know's what may be discovered? We thought we knew the history of this era, (hunter/gathers), but it seems history is wrong. They did have technology above and beyond what we now believe possible. I love archaeology, and this site is full of questions. Thank you also Wondertemple, you are obviously very passionate about history! I love that and the Orion theory...It seems to be in so many ancient cultures. Thanks for posting...I do not have the answers, and I love hearing other's thoughts of subjects I am passionate about! :)

Edited by WiseWoman

WiseWoman,

I think we need that digging is finnished to made conclusions on Gobekli Tepe. Rightnow it can be observatory, trading center, religious center...

btw Im L not Telekinetic. :w00t:

Hello wisewoman

..........and if it isn't Old man Crow...

++++++++Gobekli Tepe what does it mean?

Original Bird Tribe pre Magdalene proto dinosaurian Earthen Mound origin of Mythrias and Mayan seven-cavelike structure?

Place of the Skull, where the Ark was landed or where the body of Adam was taken to after the flood?

9997 BC Sunrise of Atlantian/Mayan Age repeat event?

++++++++++++++

My roommate just gave me some good advice. You got a big heart just don't let it _____________you.

If I told you Adam was taken here after the Flood would that spoil Gobekli Tepe from being Noah's Ark Temple also?

The ark of three stones, a place sacred to where the Gods hailed and where mankinds seed originalted? It does sound like a conspiracy theory but its all TRUE>

The only thing fake is Hollywood and 9/11 and our response to 9/11 and aluminium planes de-storying towers, these are the real lies.

Seek the evidence and ye shall findeth

The your so called :"conspiracy video" of Wayne Herschel's "hidden records" website is actually very correct indeed. www.thehiddenrecords.com

In fact half the "unexplained mysterious hype" posted in this niches would be solved by going to about three or four websites Wayne's world first, all having to do with "secrets in plane sight". SInce this is not a forum for Mushrooms or Sacred Geometry I do thank you for the link to the video you mislabel as "conspiracy" or "Theory".

Wayne Herschel holds a very big Key , he overturns history but has nothing to say about History of 9/11 which is suspiciously involved in Orion since my own research points to Orion in the aftermath of 9/11. (mother of all conspiracy whores but we won't touch but the edges)

I also recommend Timothy Stephanie's analysis of Gobekli Tepe and its Bird and Boar Stones with other animals that represent ancient constellations.www.timothystephany.com/gobekli.html

The stones around Gobekli Temple B represent a calendar of 1890 days or 7 x 270 days this was part of the Sky God Earth Goddess Brigid,(Bridget).

Incidently Wayne Herschel's co-author and presumed girlfriend has the same name.

Coincidence with what the Seshet.com has to say about BRIGID is here at www.seshat.ch/home/lascaux3.htm

Some 12,000 years ago, a Late Magdalenian tribe settled in southeast Anatolia and built a five meters high earth mound on the limestone outcrop known as Göbekli Tepe, Nabled Hill, and on top of the mound a hypothetical calendar sanctuary consecrated to the triple goddess, the fire giver PIR GID, the fur giver BIR GID, the fertility giver BRI GID, and her triple hero AAR RAA NOS and AD DA MAN and GIS BAL CA MmOS whose names shall be explained later on. In the center of the circular sanctuary on top of the hill stood a Tree of Life, around it a dozen poles that symbolized the solar year of a dozen months of 30 days each. The year was organized this way:

2 and occasionally 3 days of the winter solstice, BRI GID (falcon) PIR GID

first midwinter day consecrated to BRI GID

(occasional day in between consecrated to the falcon)

last midwinter day consecrated to PIR GID,

night of the fire archers PIR RYT (origin of the river name Euphrates)

and their ‘fingers of light and luck’ DIG LIC (origin of the river name Tigris)

turn of the year, mild winter

3 times 30 days of PIR GID

3 times 30 days of AD DA MAN

3 days of the summer solstice, AD DA MAN turtle AAR RAA NOS

first midsummer day consecrated to AD DA MAN

second midsummer day consecrated to the turtle

third midsummer day consecrated to AAR RAA NOS

3 times 30 days of AAR RAA NOS

3 times 30 days of BRI GID

swelling rivers, begin of rainy season

(and again 2 or sometimes 3 midwinter days)

63 continuous periods of 30 days, or 270 weeks of 7 days, are 1,890 days and correspond to 64 lunations, mistake less than one minute per lunation, or half a day in a lifetime. This excellent relation of month and lunation was found using the very ancient algorithm of transforming lunations into days: 30 29 30 29 30 29 30 29 30 29 30 … days for 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 … lunations.

64 lunations are 1,890 days

A dozen poles on top of the earth mound represented a dozen months of 30 days, while the space between the Tree of Life in the center and another pole near the tree represented the five and occasionally six additional days of the solar year (two and sometimes three days of midwinter, three days of midsummer). The dozen poles around the Tree of Life in the center formed a wide circle. Four poles marked the cardinal directions, the northern pole being consecrated to the fur giver BIR GID, and the southern one to GIS BAL CA MmOS. This organization reflected the zones of the land around the Göbekli Tepe:

North --- BIR GID

Rising midsummer sun --- AAR RAA NOS

Rising midwinter sun --- BRI GID

Setting midwinter sun --- PIR GID

Setting midsummer sun --- AD DA MAN

The dozen poles were arranged as the dial of a clock. A flat horizon provided, this type of sanctuary served as observatory of the rising and setting sun on the solstices and equinoxes, owing to the geographical latitude of Upper Mesopotamia.

The triple goddess and her triple hero ruled the land according to the number six in the above scheme, and according to the number four according to the following scheme:

Sky --- AAR RAA NOS

North --- BIR GID

East --- AD DA MAN

West --- BRI GID

Underworld --- PIR GID

In my calendar of Adam, I have him born as Cheops in 4396 BC. I found it interesting that Between 4396 BC and 9997 BC are 5601 years, the years in expressed in the Great Pyramid and its Divine Proportions and secrets, the 5601 years as a length given the history of the Human Kings, in according to Mantheo the Sothic cycle and post Atlantian age Old Egypt

• Great Pyramid: Its Divine Message - Page 223 - Google Books Result

books.google.com/books?isbn=1564591166
    David Davidson, Herbert Aldersmith - 1992 - Body, Mind & Spirit
    Pyramid's terminal period of 487.77, represented by the King Lists as ... Table A) this period appears as 5601 years for the duration of the human kings, ...books.google.com/books?isbn=156459116
    This date of this 4396 I have for the birth of Adam is part of the JarediteOlmec/toltec calendar inheritance that I have decoded from Ixtliloxochitl. Thats enough links for tonight.
    Peace Gobeli Tepe lovers

Without seriously delving into the confused morass of the above, one simple note: You are citing the "works" of a structural engineer who published his collaborated "research" in 1924. One may wish to be cognizant of the period of initial publication, the qualifications of the lead author, and the notable advancements relating to the topic since the publication of a text that was not even considered credible in its own time.