Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DNA Proves Bigfoot Is real

Commander CMG

Bigfoot is real. That’s according to a group of Colorado researchers who say they have hard evidence proving its existence.

Researcher Dave Paulides is convinced the reality of Bigfoot isn’t as fuzzy as the photos from people who claim to have seen the mythological creature.

“This DNA is like nothing else in the world,” Paulides said.

Paulides says Bigfoot looks approximately 7 to 8 feet tall and weighs in at a whopping 800 to 1,000 pounds.

Source

So...., who's this Paulides dude? i am at work and couldn't do a long research. All i found by now is that he's a "bigfoot researcher". Does that make him a DNA expert? I'd be MUCH more impressed if that was announced by a "neutral" scientist that actually DID the analysis... :hmm:

So...., who's this Paulides dude? i am at work and couldn't do a long research. All i found by now is that he's a "bigfoot researcher". Does that make him a DNA expert? I'd be MUCH more impressed if that was announced by a "neutral" scientist that actually DID the analysis... :hmm:

Dave Paulides, Executive Director of North American Bigfoot Search (NABS) Link

why do I think the words "Melba" and "Ketchum" are abiut to turn up?

• Like 2

Dave Paulides, Executive Director of North American Bigfoot Search (NABS) Link

oh, thanks for the background info. I'd still rather have the analysis confirmed by a lab that is not from the "bigfoot exists!"-department...
  • Like 3

"Not a single research institution in the country has confirmed the DNA test results"

Yup, that sums it all up there, absolute 100% nonsense.

• Like 2

Ok, let's ask a couple pointed questions, but ones that need asking. Where did this DNA come from? Do they have a body? A real body? if they do, then where is it and why is there no picture for it? ......an artist's conception isn't a drawing of the creature. Wonder what gene they checked for height and weight.....or is that two different genes?

......and my final pointed question for the morning..........which gene is it that gives them the current population count? I mean we keep getting asked to do a census so I think it would just be easier if we could check the genes of an unemployed street person instead.

I have to agree with Wearer of Hats, I think the names; "Melba" and "Ketchum" are about to be envolked.........and "Dyer".

• Like 3

“I think that the government probably is aware of the subject, but it’s difficult to give acknowledgement to something that they obviously can’t control,” Paulides said.

What does that even mean?

• Like 1

......and my final pointed question for the morning..........which gene is it that gives them the current population count? I mean we keep getting asked to do a census so I think it would just be easier if we could check the genes of an unemployed street person instead.

That would be the same gene that tells them how big the animal is and how much it weights.

• Like 1

"50,000 800 to 1000 pound animals traveling in groups"

Maybe if I repeat it enough it will become real

You have to clap your hands at the same time.

Nibs

• Like 5

"50,000 individuals roaming the wilderness of North America."????? Seriously? Some hairs, grainy videos and footprint casts are the best"evidence" we have?

Who writes this stuff?

• Like 1

Fecal detection meter off the charts. If they could provide ONE scenario where a giant hairy ape could survive in that ecological niche it would be a miracle. Instead BF is apparently invisible, desintergrates upon death, does not eat, does not poop, does not mate, does not have children, does not die accidentally, cannot be tracked, sleeps underground or in another dimension, makes no noise that cannot be attributed to another animal or hoaxers, cannot be filmed properly, cannot be photographed (blobsquatches do not count)....etc.

I claim the area I live in is overrun by dodo birds. I have proof because I say so.

I wish they would put this effort into something useful. Then again I suppose it is to them, for fleecing people who do not want to use critical thinking. JMO.

• Like 4

“I think that the government probably is aware of the subject, but it’s difficult to give acknowledgement to something that they obviously can’t control,” Paulides said.

It's a conspiracy to keep the public in the dark. :lol:

cormac

• Like 2

The printed information flashed by rather quickly in the television video. I did manage to catch certain details. It claimed that the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas did the genetic analysis. This appears to be a real, recognized institution.

SNP (Single Nucleotide Polymorphism) results were mentioned. These reportedly did not match those of known human populations. and on a repeated basis. This nomenclature is correct for a certain genetic determination.

The Illumina Bead Array Assay was referred to. This is an actual DNA analysis technology.

The samples tested were said to be hairs and blood. It was explained how these were obtained, including protocols for avoiding human contamination. Human samples were used as 'controls' in a comparative analysis.

The statement about the DNA test results not being confirmed by any research institution in the country (USA), could be correct, if only the UT Southwestern Medical Center did the genetic work. Standard scientific practice would next require that other labs repeat, and so confirm, these initial results.

Edited by bison

You have to clap your hands at the same time.

Nibs

Sorry Nibs, but that's only if you believe in fairies. :devil:

cormac

The US government refuses to acknowledge that the sun rises and sets because they can't control that. Didn't you know that?

They also refuse to acknowledge the existence of stars. And the fact that 1+1=2.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 2

why do I think the words "Melba" and "Ketchum" are abiut to turn up?

When I saw the headline, I thought the same thing as well. LOL

Forgive me as I'm sure I'm not up-to-date.

Has ANY independent, internationally recognized lab verified(or have even been offered a chance to verify) these findings?

• Like 1

X, so great to see you :).

I guess you know by now though nothing but a dead body is proof to this forum.

It's not what evidence they claim to have, it is the way they go about revealing their discoveries that I find suspicious and arrogant and for the obvious purpose of their "15-minutes" only.

Evidence revelations of these creatures is never handled in a credible grown-up manner, by these 15-minuters.

"We've got proof. Nah nah nah. Just take our word for it!"

Even if I was a believer (which I was once) I couldn't buy what they are selling.

They are all in dire need of some patience and self-control. This is an unusually volatile subject full of hoaxers and frauds. Go through the proper process, get mainstream science behind you,

then reveal your discovery. Otherwise, they are no different from all the story-tellers who have come before them...and they won't be treated any differently or given any credibility they obviously don't care to earn (because they have nothing).

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1