Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NASA Announces briefing on New Apollo Images

ScienceDominates

GREENBELT, Md. .. NASA will host a media teleconference at noon on Tuesday, Sept. 6, to reveal new images of three Apollo landing sites taken from the agency's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, or LRO.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mike 215

• ScienceDominates

• MedicTJ

• ChrLzs

IT has taken nearly 40 years to come up with photos to prove that they landed on the moon. Maybe NASA is being inspired by recent Sci Fi movies such as Apollo 18 which claims Apollo 18 made a secret flight to the moon. Perhaps the public is questioning, again, whether we landed on the moon, or worse, the Apollo program was to investigate ancient space ships or other evidence of aliens on the moon.

One of the actors in the movie was supposedly one of the Apollo astronauts. It just fuel to the fire.

Maybe this will finally silence those idiot conspiracy theorists. :yes:

Edited by Robert1

Maybe NASA is being inspired by recent Sci Fi movies such as Apollo 18

We had to wait till they learn how to use Photoshop.

No wait needed, they took images of the sites back in 2009 from LRO's intended orbit height for the science it was doing..

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/apollosites.html

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/multimedia/lroimages/lroc_200911109_apollo11.html

from ASU the university that provided the imaging instruments

http://www.lroc.asu.edu/news/index.php?/archives/76-LROCs-First-Look-at-the-Apollo-Landing-Sites.html

http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/news/?archives/101-Apollo-11-Second-look.html

The newer ones this post is about are images taken in the last 3 weeks or so and at a lower orbit. I can't wait for that movie, I'll probably be disappointed though.

If the existing scientific evidence does not sway them, then this will not. Stronger evidence exists than what NASA will release soon.

Edited by ScienceDominates

They should do a poll of movie goers after they have seen Apollo 18 and ask them if NASA does is telling us the truth that they Apollo astonauts never found evidence of alien technology on the moon Maybe NASA already did such a poll and that is why they are releasing the so called pictures. I bet that 90% of the people coming out of that movie believe that there are crashed alien space ships on the moon and the major goal of the Apollo program was to examine them.

What an absolute crock of dog doodie this is...(lights touch paper and walks away awaiting the big bang) :rolleyes:

The LRO pictures had already been demystified by conspiracy theorists. I hope NASA will come with some better material.

http://www.angelfire.com/moon2/xpascal/MoonHoax/LROHoax.HTM

Off topic : I particularly love their article about the Retroreflector, which has always been assessed as an irrefutable proof. "In order to find the retro-reflector, the laser beam must be aligned with a precision of almost a nanoradian!!!"

http://www.angelfire.com/moon2/xpascal/MoonHoax/ApolloReflectors/ApolloReflectors.HTM

Nasa should build a big ship, put all of these idiot conspiracy theorists in and drop them off at the landing site. I'd pay to watch that one.

Why aren't we going back to the Moon?! We talk about manned missions to Mars, but we haven't even conquered our own backyard. We should make trips to the Lunar surface routine, build something, get the ball rolling on familiarizing ourselves with our closest planetoid, and pick up some valuable info on space flight in the process to build better more efficient ships. Just my thoughts, I think about it all the time, lol.

Of course! CGI technology has finally advanced enough for them to show something that can't be definitively proven fake.

Actually, I am not one of those that thinks the moon landing is fake but I never pass up an opportunity to further muddy the waters.

These are rather recent flyby shots of old landing sites in case no one has bothered looking, as far as Nasa faking moon landings anyone who thinks that is missing a few neurons or has been drinking the conspiracy Koolaid a little to long. Just ridiculous. Whats really sad is 40 years after Apollo we are doing a Apollo redo, 40 years of politics is destroying our space program.

NASA is a billion dollar cover up for the real military space program. Although NASA may have relevant information about various types of secret missions to the moon and other places far beyond, the organization itself does not or is not in the need to know secrecy induced by the government and other interest groups. The military space program, coupled with other private interests are the ones who would know about everything we are debating here. There is no debate whether or not we traveled to the moon. Of course we did. The real debate is questioning and trying to figure why new technologies are not being released to the public at large.

Why aren't we going back to the Moon?! We talk about manned missions to Mars, but we haven't even conquered our own backyard. We should make trips to the Lunar surface routine, build something, get the ball rolling on familiarizing ourselves with our closest planetoid, and pick up some valuable info on space flight in the process to build better more efficient ships. Just my thoughts, I think about it all the time, lol.

My thoughts exactly. You make an excellent point. :yes:

Nasa should build a big ship, put all of these idiot conspiracy theorists in and drop them off at the landing site. I'd pay to watch that one.

I agree. But why bother? They would only think up another false reason to say that it was faked. I mean, you could show all the evidence in the world that proves that they believe a lie, and they will never believe you. :P

Ok people. The place for discussion of conspiracy theories is in the Conspiracies & Secret Societies forum (the clue is in the name folks), so if you want to discuss the Moon Hoax theories may I suggest you do so in this thread: Did we land on the moon?.

If you want to discuss Science and Space this is the place to do it (please see my previous comment on clues and names).

Thank you.

Edited by Waspie_Dwarf

We are told that the secret spy satellites have the ability to read a newspaper from three hundred miles in space. Yet the photograph of the Apollo site looks like a bright light with no detail of the LEM. Now NASA is going to release more detailed photo of the landing sites. I wonder if the new photographs will enable us to read the writing and letters on the LEM. The technology exists to do it, but whether these new photos are real or a joke is to be determined.

We are told that the secret spy satellites have the ability to read a newspaper from three hundred miles in space. Yet the photograph of the Apollo site looks like a bright light with no detail of the LEM. Now NASA is going to release more detailed photo of the landing sites. I wonder if the new photographs will enable us to read the writing and letters on the LEM. The technology exists to do it, but whether these new photos are real or a joke is to be determined.

LRO is not a spy satellite. You can read the specs and limits of the cameras here...

http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/EPO/LROC/lroc.php?pg=what

and with that information, make a judgement about the performance of the cameras of from 20km, here is a site where you can see where LRO is right now..

http://lroc.sese.asu.edu/whereislro/

You may have to toy around with the Display Options to force it to show KMs

These are the facts. I would encourage you to redirect your remaining thoughts to the conspiracy area of the forum. Or even the Moon landing hoax thread where we can discuss this at length if you like.

I think it'd take an actual time machine, and standing by as an eyewitness to appease some of them with this moon thing. I just don't get why it even matters if we did go in the 60's, or if we didn't. We have the tech to go there now, so who cares? Same milestone could be achieved again...

Edited by Spid3rCyd3

The New York Times on March 15th 2009 brought out another sensation. The noted Chinese official, Mao Kan mentioned that he has obtained more than 1000 secret photographs which reveal not only human footprints but a human dead body on the surface of the moon. It was also stated by the said official that some bones from that dead body was missing. It is believed that the human dead body have been dropped on the moon from alien spaceship and extraterrestrials kept few tissues for research.

http://goo.gl/BLjgb

I've actually come across that very site in the past heh, there are a lot of things wrong with this story, one being using the source of Pravda, if you truly want to debate this sorta thing, head over to the conspiracy areas of the forum and we can dig into it.

For years we have been hearing about how the Chinese have been hacking into the government computers. We are not told what they found, but it would explain how they got those 1000 secret NASA pictures of the moon and that dead body.

For years we have been hearing about how the Chinese have been hacking into the government computers. We are not told what they found, but it would explain how they got those 1000 secret NASA pictures of the moon and that dead body.

Yes and China always denies the charges.. the US and other countries suspect and point their fingers and China. And the rest of your comment is pure speculation, that you apparently have a firm belief of.

They should do a poll of movie goers after they have seen Apollo 18 and ask them if NASA does is telling us the truth that they Apollo astonauts never found evidence of alien technology on the moon Maybe NASA already did such a poll and that is why they are releasing the so called pictures. I bet that 90% of the people coming out of that movie believe that there are crashed alien space ships on the moon and the major goal of the Apollo program was to examine them.

What? It was just a movie, and not that good of one. Little crab rock creatures. Just silly.

I don't think people are as stupid as you suggest.

I don't think people are as stupid as you suggest.

I'd like to believe that, too, but unfortunately there are so many people, some of them on this board, who continually prove that they are.

Cz

I'd like to believe that, too, but unfortunately there are so many people, some of them on this board, who continually prove that they are.

Some individuals just have established the belief of some things and they are certain of it and won't accept new evidence otherwise.