Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Terrorism or Lack of Health Care?

IronGhost

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• new2forum

• ninjadude

• Startraveler

• AROCES

The fight against terrorism is a fight for our way of life, economy and freedom as well. Not just to save lives.

Your a fool and it's plain as day why you are in love with a gay lumberjack.

Did 9/11 do anything to change your life or just your attitude towards war. You can't fight terroism and you know it.

Economy, self distruct from with in. Freedom, using false wars to take away freedom, save lives, I doubt you care.

The things you want, you had. It was your repubic that took them away. Suck it up and do something about it as your recourse is nothing but the very end of what you pretend to hold true. You are a traitor Aroces, beep beep.

Edited by The Silver Thong

Your a fool and it's plain as day why you are in love with a gay lumberjack.

Did 9/11 do anything to change your life or just your attitude towards war. You can't fight terroism and you know it.

Economy, self distruct from with in. Freedom, using false wars to take away freedom, save lives, I doubt you care.

The things you want, you had. It was your repubic that took them away. Suck it up and do something about it as your recourse is nothing but the very end of what you pretend to hold true. You are a traitor Arocec beep beep.

It was excatly your way prior to 9/11, let me try again?blink.gif

Vice President Joe Biden said Americans can expect more attempted terrorist attacks like the one by the so-called underpants bomber, who tried to detonate explosives on a Detroit-bound jet on Christmas Day.

In an interview with CNN’s Larry King that aired Wednesday night, Biden said he thinks an attack on the scale of 9/11 is unlikely. But he anticipates attempts at smaller “but devastatingly frightening attacks.”

“I think what you’re seeing morphing here — and it’s a concern to us — is you’ll see the concern related to somebody like a shoe bomber or the underpants bomber, the Christmas attack, or someone just strapping a backpack on them with weapons that are indigenous and blowing up, you know, walking into an airport,” Biden said.

It was excatly your way prior to 9/11, let me try again?blink.gif

Vice President Joe Biden said Americans can expect more attempted terrorist attacks like the one by the so-called underpants bomber, who tried to detonate explosives on a Detroit-bound jet on Christmas Day.

In an interview with CNN’s Larry King that aired Wednesday night, Biden said he thinks an attack on the scale of 9/11 is unlikely. But he anticipates attempts at smaller “but devastatingly frightening attacks.”

“I think what you’re seeing morphing here — and it’s a concern to us — is you’ll see the concern related to somebody like a shoe bomber or the underpants bomber, the Christmas attack, or someone just strapping a backpack on them with weapons that are indigenous and blowing up, you know, walking into an airport,” Biden said.

You don't get it do you. I would rather live with the threat than give up my freedoms. You don't agree and I find that hard to believe that you actually care about freedom while endorsing less freedom. I would rather hand down justice on those responsible while keeping my nation free of a danger that is like a lightning strike. If you want to let 9/11 change America and it's pricipal being so be it. However there are far more that want America to fight the good fight and not the BS fight you have been drawn into.

You are fighting a cause that only hurts what you want. Freedom. The only way to keep it is not to let others take it away and you and many others have done that. You know why? your scared and you have to strike out to make yourself feel safe. Thats why you like Palin so much as she will strike befor understanding the fear you have. She relates to your fear of being punched first. You took a punch and now are scared.

If I were to be in charge I would break every law to eradicate threats to me and mine. Thats why I'm not in charge.

The fight against terrorism is a fight for our way of life, economy and freedom as well. Not just to save lives.

Those people who could not afford health care in our American system have no freedom, do not participate in the economy and have no way of life -- they're dead.

You don't get it do you. I would rather live with the threat than give up my freedoms. You don't agree and I find that hard to believe that you actually care about freedom while endorsing less freedom. I would rather hand down justice on those responsible while keeping my nation free of a danger that is like a lightning strike. If you want to let 9/11 change America and it's pricipal being so be it. However there are far more that want America to fight the good fight and not the BS fight you have been drawn into.

You are fighting a cause that only hurts what you want. Freedom. The only way to keep it is not to let others take it away and you and many others have done that. You know why? your scared and you have to strike out to make yourself feel safe. Thats why you like Palin so much as she will strike befor understanding the fear you have. She relates to your fear of being punched first. You took a punch and now are scared.

The only thing most of us experince with the Patriot Act really is tighter security at the airport, other than that I really have no clue of what the heck you are talking about with regards to our freedom here. We are fighting a group of people here who blends into a society we are not at war with. You seem to forget that part.

Those people who could not afford health care in our American system have no freedom, do not participate in the economy and have no way of life -- they're dead.

Ever heard of getting a job or working harder to achive what you desire in life? The is the freedom you dont lose, and that is how you participate in the economy and then have a way of life.

I think you are representing the let the rich provide for me crowd.

Ever heard of getting a job or working harder to achive what you desire in life? The is the freedom you dont lose, and that is how you participate in the economy and then have a way of life.

When you go to a restaurant, don't you want a waitress to wait on you? When you go to a bathroom in a public place, don't you want the use of a clean toilet? Someone has to scrub it. Do you like to eat chicken. Somebody has to sling chicken guts.

Those people who do that kind of work very very hard -- our society could not function without them. Yet, how can they buy health care?

Do you expect everyone to go into investement banking? Who would clean their offices? Someone has to do it until those jobs are taken over by robots.

I'm not saying the rich should buy them health care - I'm saying their government should provide a system everyone can pay into so everyone can have health care insurance.

The only thing most of us experince with the Patriot Act really is tighter security at the airport, other than that I really have no clue of what the heck you are talking about with regards to our freedom here. We are fighting a group of people here who blends into a society we are not at war with. You seem to forget that part.

What you don't understand is that you went to war with two nations where you can not identify the enemy. It was an act of fear, to rebel against an enemy you can't see but just associate with. If the world did that America would be attacked weekly. The war on terror is a joke and the lives lost in countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq will be but numbers in a line of documents that mean nothing.

You also mentioned economy just not security. The American war effort is profitable, just not to those that die for the lie.

I think you represent the rich as in lets send the poor to war so the rich can sit back and go ahhhh at least my butt ain't on the line. Pathetic is the worst I can post. As your rich and many rich ass's sit at home and are all pro war but care very little as to how or what a war is. Your ignorant and dangerous.

What you don't understand is that you went to war with two nations where you can not identify the enemy. It was an act of fear, to rebel against an enemy you can't see but just associate with. If the world did that America would be attacked weekly. The war on terror is a joke and the lives lost in countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq will be but numbers in a line of documents that mean nothing.

You also mentioned economy just not security. The American war effort is profitable, just not to those that die for the lie.

Nope, we all identifeid the enemy, including the Iraqis and they even hanged him.

The Afghan and Iraqis has sacrified much to fight for and achieve a better society, while all you are concern about really is your welfare money getting affected. So quit this crap about your concern for them for the mass graves found didnt even bother you.

AGAIN, nations have have always gone to war to protect commerce.

Nope, we all identifeid the enemy, including the Iraqis and they even hanged him.

The Afghan and Iraqis has sacrified much to fight for and achieve a better society, while all you are concern about really is your welfare money getting affected. So quit this crap about your concern for them for the mass graves found didnt even bother you.

AGAIN, nations have have always gone to war to protect commerce.

Stop arguing AROCES ... they'll not get it, you will not get it, I do not get it.

Hitler did not use a teleprompter when he gave outright his plans to conquer all that he "DID".

Sadam, went right out and plainly kicked in the door of "his" neighbors.

Terrorism lies in individualistic means and needs no group for completion of task.

Our money??? Was it not more effected by the bombing of the towers than by any other measures since??? Terror!!!

Sad to say but though I do not agree that we are in end times, I can see many of the points. Terrorism is an individual evil. It only takes one. Where we have been fighting entire countries before, now it only takes one. As much as we have done ... many, many things good, we now cannot identify the enemy as they have gone into stealth.

Therefore I believe that both opposing viewpoints here are valid. We have accomplished many great things, protected many allies and conqured many villians. The villans though have evolved into a "pure heart" terror. One terrorist from any country is all that it now takes.

We have got to keep what we have working and evolve to the changing terror threat. Period, exclamation .. no question about it. We have to put our minds together ... what has worked with a change towards what will work now. To be the nerd/geek that I am I will quote Star Trek ... "resistance is futile!!!!"

Holy hell, the OP's point is simple...my brain literally doesn't work right but I can understand it lol

More people die from not having Health Care then they do dying from acts of terrorism. Therefore, the simple point is that having health care is more a priority to the health and safety of American citizens then terrorism is.

Durrr

When you go to a restaurant, don't you want a waitress to wait on you? When you go to a bathroom in a public place, don't you want the use of a clean toilet? Someone has to scrub it. Do you like to eat chicken. Somebody has to sling chicken guts.

Those people who do that kind of work very very hard -- our society could not function without them. Yet, how can they buy health care?

Do you expect everyone to go into investement banking? Who would clean their offices? Someone has to do it until those jobs are taken over by robots.

I'm not saying the rich should buy them health care - I'm saying their government should provide a system everyone can pay into so everyone can have health care insurance.

Then you make it affordable for them and not let the government provide for them. You really want to help them? Then you tell the Democrats that the number one cost of Health Care is insurance to protect them from lawsuits and procedures Dr. do just to protect themselves from lawsuits. And they are protecting the lawyers.

Tell us what is it that made a lot of things more affordable, was it thru mass production, advance technology in manufacturing, efficient production and operation or govt paying for it?

Edited by AROCES

I think you represent the rich as in lets send the poor to war so the rich can sit back and go ahhhh at least my butt ain't on the line. Pathetic is the worst I can post. As your rich and many rich ass's sit at home and are all pro war but care very little as to how or what a war is. Your ignorant and dangerous.

Our Soldiers are proud, intelligent and professional, they are not just a bunch of poor people..

So they dont share your view.

Our Soldiers are proud, intelligent and professional, they are not just a bunch of poor people..

AROCES

And arrogant, don't forget that. A lot of videos I've seen portray a different view.....

Tell me, do you have to pay each time you visit a doctor or dentist in a hospital in America which is run by the government?

Holy hell, the OP's point is simple...my brain literally doesn't work right but I can understand it lol

More people die from not having Health Care then they do dying from acts of terrorism. Therefore, the simple point is that having health care is more a priority to the health and safety of American citizens then terrorism is.

Durrr

So do we wait until the number of death is more than Healt Care before we pay more attention to security?

And arrogant, don't forget that. A lot of videos I've seen portray a different view.....

Tell me, do you have to pay each time you visit a doctor or dentist in a hospital in America which is run by the government?

There are idiots in any organization, I'm sure there are some from wherever you are from.

So do we wait until the number of death is more than Healt Care before we pay more attention to security?

Wow again that isn't what I said, getting at, or insinuating. I said health care should hold priority because it causes more American deaths...which pretty much makes it a bigger safety issue. Attention should of course be given to national security

Wow again that isn't what I said, getting at, or insinuating. I said health care should hold priority because it causes more American deaths...which pretty much makes it a bigger safety issue. Attention should of course be given to national security

So when do you hold national security priority, when the number of death is equal to Healt care death?( I dont even know how you know it is really because of no healt care).

So when do you hold national security priority, when the number of death is equal to Healt care death?( I dont even know how you know it is really because of no healt care).

National Security(in this context with terrorism) holds priority when our enemies pose a greater threat(in this context the death of american citizens) is greater then the threat posed by americans dying through lack of proper health care.

Edited by Cadetak

Then you tell the Democrats that the number one cost of Health Care is insurance to protect them from lawsuits and procedures Dr. do just to protect themselves from lawsuits.

Except it isn't. Not even close.

Their figure of "58 people die due to lack of health care" is that based off LEGIT stats, or the ridiculously inflated figures this Admin likes to use even when stats prove it's WRONG. I'd like to know where they are getting their stats from.

Also, it's funny how people are always bleeding hearts about all these poor people who need healthcare, when often times (Notice I did NOT say ALL) they are the ones who choose that other things are more important than healtchcare, but then want to play the victim when they end up in need of healtchcare and point fingers, when it was THEIR choice that landed them in that spot.

Just like the woman Obama was bragging the other night was buried in an Obama T-shirt. He talked about how she was the victim of evil health insurance companies. Funny thing is, after REAL organizations did research, we find that she chose to launch a business instead of spend the money on healthcare, and she admitted she knew 2 YEARS in advance that she had a lump, and that "something was wrong" but she put it off.

She died because she put it off, NOT because of insurance companies! But of course this administration wants to blame everything on insurance companies, facts be damned. You see it every single day, people who choose to have fun with their money rather than be responsible, but when something goes wrong, they blame others instead of being an adult and saying "I knew it was a risk, but I chose to be irresponsible with my money rather than protect myself."

Heck, even when I was 22 years old and making 10.00 an hour barely breaking even, I found a way to get some basic coverage. It required I go out to eat less, and stay in a smaller apartment, but I made it happen. When I went a few months without coverage and managed to break my arm and leg, and an ankle in a game of football (Rolled off a 12 foot drop), the bill was expensive, very expensive for me at the time. But the hospital worked out payments for me that amounted to less than 40.00 per month! That's pretty amazing that even a kid without insurance at the time was able to get sewed back up in a matter of hours, and walk out of the hospital with a bill that amounted to $40 per month. Know how many poor people I know that pay double that for cable? Have expensive cell phone bills with text packages, and internet access in their homes? Yet these same people whine that healthcare is too expensive, and what others to pay for it.

They want others to pay for it so that they can continue their lifestyle without having to make sacrifices, because somehow "they deserve it." The reality is one human deserves nothing at the expense of another. You deserve what you earn. Sure, there ARE extenuating circumstances. But this whole push for the current proposed solution is madness.

I grew up dirt poor. 6 people living in an 800 sq ft 2 bedroom house, mother used foodstamps, and we had MetroPlex, FMP and other charity organizations that kept us fed. Without that, we'd probably of had 1 meal per day. But even then, we managed to get 2 dental visits per year, clinic visits every year, braces, sewed up on 2 occasions, and even needed surgery twice. How? Because most states keep a list of charity organizations that we perused. There was a whole network of doctors, dentists, clinics and more that were willing to offer their services at heavily discounted rates.

My mother managed to find these in 3 separate states we lived in, and I'm sure someone who is TRULY poor and suffering could do the same with a simple visit or phone call. We got our teeth cleaned for "whatever we could afford" was the what he dentist charged. 3 of us children all got braces for less than 25.00 per month for 2 years. My hsopital visits were less than 30% of normal cost, and rolled into tiny monthly payments. Not saying everyone would have an identical experience, but here are plenty of organizations and good natured healthcare practicioners to allow a huge portion of our population to enjoy decent care in many areas. I and my family experienced it in 3 different states.

Funny thing is our primary example of government healthcare shows:

According to the American Medical Association’s National Health Insurer Report Card for 2008, the government’s health plan, Medicare, denied medical claims at nearly double the average for private insurers: Medicare denied 6.85% of claims. The highest private insurance denier was Aetna @ 6.8%, followed by Anthem Blue Cross @ 3.44, with an average denial rate of medical claims by private insurers of 3.88%

In its 2009 National Health Insurer Report Card, the AMA reports that Medicare denied only 4% of claims—a big improvement, but outpaced better still by the private insurers. The prior year’s high private denier, Aetna, reduced denials to 1.81%—an astounding 75% improvement—with similar declines by all other private insurers, to average only 2.79%.

Hmmmm... So statistically speaking, even if we had our current example of government run healthcare nationwide currently, people would be dying at a HIGHER rate then, because of MORE claims being turned down amongst the covered? Wow!