Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 8 votes

The slenderman myth

myth

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#91    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,643 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

View PostLesionia, on 07 December 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

I have a friend that managed (as crazy as it sounds)to kill one and would disagree with you. My paranormal group is looking into him. All the information you have found is not true. He doesnt even (well similar) look like what people say he looks like. Has anyone heard of the trupila effect? My paranormal group is deeming it as a paranormal law. The "slenderman" is actually an old-time type of demon. What makes him unusual is his skill at having people believe in an image and that belief is his trap for his victims.
No, you have a baseless claim or quite a few of them.

Your "paranormal" group are as credible as a bunch of meth addicts.

#92    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,661 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:46 PM

I read even on this forum about people actually seeing something you could possibly categorise as a slender man. A tall shadow man, mostly wearing a fedora or cowboy hat. From the corner of their eyes or during sleep paralysis/dreams. I could label experiences like these as the birthplace of the slender man, unless they were simply made up stories used to spread the myth around. Interesting nonetheless.

#93    KrowMax

KrowMax

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

• Evil Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

Posted 09 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Maybe it was just really a myth...

Evil Person Listen To Evil Ideas And Liars Listen To Lies

#94    SmilinJack

SmilinJack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Quite the fan of Slenderman. Read up on as much as I've been able to. Also followed Marble Hornets.

"Hope for the best, plan for the worst."

#95    AliveInDeath7

AliveInDeath7

Enlightened Seeker

• 2,712 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Tulpas are being studied as a reason why people may be seeing strange things. It is not an excuse to prove ridiculous claims but to prove that these things can be created by the mind and thus brought into existence.
An excerpt from "The Mothman Prophecies" on why this may be a reason for people seeing most of what they see:
(pg. 5-6) "There is an old house on a tree-lined stret in New York's Greenwich Village which harbors a strange ghost. Hans Holzer and other ghost-chasers have included the house in their catalogs of haunted places. The phantom has been seen by several people in recent years. It is dressed in a long black cape and wears a wide-brimmed slouch hat pulled down over its eyes as it slinks from room to room. Self-styled parapsychologists have woven all kinds of fantasies around this apparition. Obviously a spy from the revolutionary war was caught and killed in the old house.
    But wait. This ghost may not be a member of the restless dead at all. There were never any reports of hauntings there until about twenty years ago, after the house was vacated by a writer named Walter Gibson. He was, and is, an extraordinarily prolific author. For many years he churned out a full-length novel each month, and many of those novels were written in the house in Greenwich Village. All of them were centered around the spectacularly successful character Gibson created in the 1930s, that nemesis of evil known as The Shadow. If you have read any of The Shadow novels you know that he was fond of lurking in dark alleys dressed in a cape and broad-brimmed slouch hat." (The Mothman Prophecies; John Keel)

Again, I do not believe in slenderman and recognize it as purely a myth, but tulpas may be a reason why people see most of what they do.

#96    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 09 December 2012 - 06:55 PM

What ever happened to Tall Man I remember hearing somethings about him, but I guess he died out

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#97    SmilinJack

SmilinJack

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 09 December 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

What ever happened to Tall Man I remember hearing somethings about him, but I guess he died out
Elaborate a bit perhaps? I think I know what you're talking about. Not 100% sure

"Hope for the best, plan for the worst."

#98    pukin Rainbows24-7

pukin Rainbows24-7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• questions, questions everywhere

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

failed post

Edited by Cataclysmic faith, 09 December 2012 - 08:10 PM.

Posted Image

#99    pukin Rainbows24-7

pukin Rainbows24-7

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 146 posts

• questions, questions everywhere

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostDarkdemigod0, on 10 November 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

come on ive seen him 13 times since 2009 beliveing is not seeing i didnt know about him back then and i still saw him its not my imagination and no one in my used the internet so i prove all of you wrong dont just knock off stories of people who actually might need help like me. my story is real.
so now the Slender Phobia is officially achieved.

now what i don't understand is why people think about it so much and why they think they see them, all the youtube vids about slenderman are fake since slender can't walk and i bet my most hated friend for it that slender is fake, why? people always think that there is some supernatural force that it evil and want to kill people, that has been ongoing for decades, now the somethingawful forums have created there own image of their supernatural evil force: slenderman, it is just made up and if you think that that thing is real prove it since the only thing you think to lose is your life, i would say that you are just indoctrinated, you think so much about slendy and philosophize so much about him that your own imagination has made him real to your self, if slender was here then every single one of us in this topic was dead because we talk about him. buddy get real and look it in the eyes and tell us what you saw the other day

Posted Image

#100    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,269 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

View PostLesionia, on 07 December 2012 - 06:49 AM, said:

I have a friend that managed (as crazy as it sounds)to kill one and would disagree with you. My paranormal group is looking into him. All the information you have found is not true. He doesnt even (well similar) look like what people say he looks like. Has anyone heard of the trupila effect? My paranormal group is deeming it as a paranormal law. The "slenderman" is actually an old-time type of demon. What makes him unusual is his skill at having people believe in an image and that belief is his trap for his victims.
I thought that killing a demon was impossible, as they are spirit energy in nature.

If you actually killed something and examined it, surely there are photos??

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#101    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,643 posts

• Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

View PostDieChecker, on 09 December 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

I thought that killing a demon was impossible, as they are spirit energy in nature.

If you actually killed something and examined it, surely there are photos??
I've killed hundreds of demons... in Doom.

#102    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

View PostRlyeh, on 10 December 2012 - 08:00 AM, said:

I've killed hundreds of demons... in Doom.
lol, If where talking videos games Iv killed thousands of demons, Darksiders 1,2
Devil May Cry
The list goes on and on

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#103    Feebs

Feebs

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 634 posts

• Imagination is more important than knowledge.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 09 December 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

is this not the same thing....?...i watched the film on him a bit weird but not scary though x

Posted Image

#104    Lesionia

Lesionia

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 188 posts

• Evil is among us and opresses us, thats when we do good.

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

hmm, for those who doubt my paranormal group, what do you know?
and for the pictures, from what we have gathered: "slenderman " He has a high electromagnetic field, which screws up electronics.
Incidently, (How do I put this so I dont get taunted?) Well I will have to come out and say it: Since "slenderman" is demonic, when it dies it simply dissapeers unlike other creatures. I believe that happens to all demons. Think about it: They are not part of this world, so they have no body. What could it leave behind but scars and wounds? They are part of the afterlife, and contriy to belief, demons can be killed. BUT it is very diificult(worse than an excorsim) to do.

#105    Rlyeh

Rlyeh

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,643 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

View PostLesionia, on 12 December 2012 - 06:47 AM, said:

hmm, for those who doubt my paranormal group, what do you know?
According to your other posts, you think you have super powers and were looking to make a group of people with other super powers.
Your group of super heros are not credible.

and for the pictures, from what we have gathered: "slenderman " He has a high electromagnetic field, which screws up electronics.
If you did more research you'd find out these are special fx.

Also tagged with myth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users