Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

So in a way we are related to Neanderthals..

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Marcus

Marcus

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:21 AM

It was on some history channel, it was talking about human evolution & it was talking about the different human groups. In the special, it was talking about Cro Magnon people(Us) & the Neanderthals.. They said that the Neanderthals & the Cro Magnons  are linked to an older human group we both traced from.Does anyone know this older human group? They said that other people ventured out in other areas, eventually evolving them into the Neanderthals... & some other people ventured out in more different climatic areas which evolved into the Cro Magnons. They went on to say that the reason the Cro Magnons were possibly smarter was because of the area we eveolved in & the food supply had more nutrients & stuff.. rendering are brain capacity or something like that. Anyway I found the show interesting.. Anyone have a clue about what I am talking about?

#2    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,713 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 20 August 2005 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE(Marcus @ Aug 19 2005, 09:21 PM)
It was on some history channel, it was talking about human evolution & it was talking about the different human groups. In the special, it was talking about Cro Magnon people(Us) & the Neanderthals.. They said that the Neanderthals & the Cro Magnons  are linked to an older human group we both traced from.Does anyone know this older human group? They said that other people ventured out in other areas, eventually evolving them into the Neanderthals... & some other people ventured out in more different climatic areas which evolved into the Cro Magnons. They went on to say that the reason the Cro Magnons were possibly smarter was because of the area we eveolved in & the food supply had more nutrients & stuff.. rendering are brain capacity or something like that. Anyway I found the show interesting.. Anyone have a clue about what I am talking about?

View Post

' Homo halibus' they think but they are not even sure themselves. They state that 'homo erectus' is a side shoot that went dead end but 'homo erectus' is the only hominid with shovel incisors and North American Indians except for the NaDene (Apache, Navaho, Athpathaskan) have them but South American Indians do not. I personally think that blond hair, and blue eyes came from the neanderthal because that is a Uralic (Finn,Lapp, Estonian,Samoyed,Hungarian) trait and they are the most northern people and settled Europe first and would of had contact with them.
  I personally have shovel incisors and a dentist thought they were some new mutation.. blink.gif

lapi'che ni'tis

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#3    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 20 August 2005 - 03:19 AM

Ok correct me if i am wrong, But at some point didn't they mate to start a new so to speak race of humans.  unsure.gif

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#4    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,332 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 20 August 2005 - 10:09 AM

Genetic studies have indicated that we are not directly descended from Neanderthal, although this is some evidence to suggest that Neanderthal and Cro Magnon did interbreed (a child's skeleton found in Portugal shows traits of both sub-species).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neandertal_in...ith_Cro-Magnons

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#5    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 20 August 2005 - 12:43 PM

Thanks Essan, I thought i had read that some where before! thumbsup.gif

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#6    Marcus

Marcus

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 20 August 2005 - 06:38 PM

Hey does anyone know where I can find pictures of both Cro magnon & Neanderthals bones? Also anything like cave painting pictures... their art can be included too! Thanks, I'm very interested in the subject!

#7    LarryOldtimer

LarryOldtimer

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

• In the beginning, there was nothing. God said, "Let there be light." There still was nothing, but you could see it better.

Posted 20 August 2005 - 07:09 PM

Ah yes, the (still) "missing link".  But don't worry.  Someone will soon come up with (another) one, even if they do have to cut it out of whole cloth . . . think Piltdown Man.   dontgetit.gif  I am sure another is waiting in the wings.

#8    sublime_serenity75

sublime_serenity75

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:27 AM

The intermixing of Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals is a hot items of debate in the scientific community.  Does anyone have links on this possibility? blink.gif

No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical
ss's hangout

#9    Wingman

Wingman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 243 posts

• I'm not mean, you're just too stupid to see that I'm nice.

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE(Marcus @ Aug 19 2005, 06:21 PM)
It was on some history channel, it was talking about human evolution & it was talking about the different human groups. In the special, it was talking about Cro Magnon people(Us) & the Neanderthals.. They said that the Neanderthals & the Cro Magnons  are linked to an older human group we both traced from.Does anyone know this older human group? They said that other people ventured out in other areas, eventually evolving them into the Neanderthals... & some other people ventured out in more different climatic areas which evolved into the Cro Magnons. They went on to say that the reason the Cro Magnons were possibly smarter was because of the area we eveolved in & the food supply had more nutrients & stuff.. rendering are brain capacity or something like that. Anyway I found the show interesting.. Anyone have a clue about what I am talking about?

View Post

We're homo-sapiens, not cro magnons... Are you saying that we evolved from cro magnons?

#10    Essan

Essan

Recruitment Agent for the 'B' Ark

• 2,332 posts

• Stop Climate Change: Plant a Rain Forest Today!

Posted 15 September 2005 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE(Wingman @ Sep 14 2005, 07:49 PM)

We're homo-sapiens, not cro magnons... Are you saying that we evolved from cro magnons?

View Post

Cro Magnons were early European Homo Sapien Sapiens - the same as you and I.  Apart from being a bit taller and having a slightly larger brain they were indistinquishable from one of their descendants, who's sat here in front of a keyboard right now original.gif

Andy

Weather & Earth Science News
The independent climate blog

#11    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 16 September 2005 - 05:54 PM

The hominid species considered by most scientists to be the common ancestor of Neanderthals and Homo Sapiens Sapiens is Homo Antecessor, which may be a variant of Homo Heidelbergensis. Here is the link.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#12    Marcus

Marcus

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 06:08 PM

Stuff like this fascinates me. I wish I could just go back in time & see how it was!

#13    bloodwine

bloodwine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 41 posts

• listens to the voices in his head

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:52 AM

If anyone doubts that we came from neandertals...all you need to do is hang out at some of the bars around here on a friday night. By 11 pm there are more then a few that could be neandertals lurking about w00t.gif

Dear Dad,
I'm really, really, really sorry!
Love Oedipus

#14    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,685 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 20 September 2005 - 04:56 AM

Neanderthals + Cromagnon =bad science and wishful thinking

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#15    LittleStarchild

LittleStarchild

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 10:05 PM

Well Neanderthal is in my neighbourhood, and they used to be all over Europe. Allegedly they died out because of a more supreme race who allegedly eradicated them, second reason was due to less food and heavy winters.
We are a totally different race, we are both kind of humanoid but have no relations whatsoever. If you look for bones, check the museum library "neanderthal museum" with h or without try out google, or google pix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users