Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 1 votes

Support For Universal Gun Background Checks

firearms background checks gun control

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,498 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:04 PM

Quinnipiac U said:

American voters support allowing women in combat by an overwhelming 75 - 22 percent, including 77 - 21 percent among women, but say by a smaller 52 - 42 percent, including a negative 45 - 48 percent among women, that women should be drafted if the draft is reinstated, according to a Quinnipiac University national poll released today.

On gun-control, there is overwhelming 92 - 7 percent support for background checks for all gun buyers, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll finds. Support for universal background checks is 91 - 8 percent among voters in a household with a gun.

American voters oppose 65 - 28 percent reestablishing the military draft. If there is a draft, however, men say 59 - 36 percent that women should be drafted. Women are split on being drafted, 48 - 45 percent.

read more

And Boehner seez that gun control requires no action....

Edited by questionmark, 07 February 2013 - 04:05 PM.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#2    Bama13

Bama13

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 February 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

Of course it requires some action. You have to aim at the intended target and squeeze the trigger. :innocent:

" Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything —you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him" - Robert Heinlein

#3    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

It only makes sense if women want to be combat troops that they register for draft. Equality is 2 way street . Or am I missing something.

#4    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 07 February 2013 - 04:04 PM, said:

I dont mind background checks,but again most of these laws are already in the books just not enforced correctly.On women in combat if they want to do it fine,but do not lower the standards in anyway.Sorry ladies but if you are completly a man's equal in every way then when a draft comes around and you are really needed you should be eligible to be drafted no special treatment!

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#5    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,966 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:45 PM

There is already universal background checks.  If you go to a gunshow, WallMart, anywhere, you can not walk out of there with a gun unless you've had a background check.  This is all propaganda.  If you've previously had a background check the dealer issues you a card showing you've had a check in the last year, then you can just walk out with a gun.  This is a nothing issue.

#6    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,498 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostOverSword, on 07 February 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

There is already universal background checks.  If you go to a gunshow, WallMart, anywhere, you can not walk out of there with a gun unless you've had a background check.  This is all propaganda.  If you've previously had a background check the dealer issues you a card showing you've had a check in the last year, then you can just walk out with a gun.  This is a nothing issue.
in WA, in VA they even stopped voluntary background checksat gun shows

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#7    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

in WA, in VA they even stopped voluntary background checksat gun shows

sign of the times that what that would be.

#8    OverSword

OverSword

Forum Divinity

• 11,966 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power then humanity can evolve

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

Is that true in any state but Virginia?  I'll bet not.

#9    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 34,498 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostOverSword, on 07 February 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

Is that true in any state but Virginia?  I'll bet not.

Private sales as far as I know in Texas, Arizona and Mississippi don't require background checks, but I guess that a little digging will show that most of the South does not and only dealers have to run one.

about me

#10    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,036 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

In my state private sales do NOT require background checks.

Background checks that are required must be run through the CBI AND the FBI.  I don't know if all states do both.

I have no real issue with women being part of the draft either.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#11    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,150 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:08 PM

Personally I think you should have a background check even at a gun show.  Some states don't require that.  That is the only further gun control measures we need.

As a woman why not draft women if things get so bad it is reinstated.  You don't have to be Mr. America to have enough strength to use a keyboard to make a launch or give a drone instructions.  Maybe some of the bigger guns are heavy but you could still drive a tank or carry a automatic weapon and fire it.

#12    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:09 PM

Oregon requires background check for any gun sold at gun shows but not person to person gunsales outside of gunshows or "passing guns" down to family memebrs.

#13    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

too ad to the technical aspect of women signing draft cards when there 18 would be if she were drafted then got pregnant. Would she be considered a draft dodger and possibly eligible for penalties as such ? Its a messy subject if you throw that in.

F-9 has been used for years to not become enlisted. Perhaps pregnancy could just be left in that category and leave well enough alone but our Laws will never be that basic.

#14    CrimsonKing

CrimsonKing

Psychic Spy

• 1,342 posts

• "It does not require a majority to prevail,but rather an irate,tireless minority keen to set brushfires in peoples minds" Sam Adams

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

I have come to one conclusion,Q either just loves to stir up arguments over guns because about everything on this subject has been covered from top to bottom even with some repeating over and over what has been said in different ways.Or he just loves the abuse haha.

"If it is not advantageous,do not move.If objectives can not be attained,do not employ the army.Unless endangered do not engage in warfare.The ruler cannot mobilize the army out of personal anger.The general can not engage in battle because of personal frustration.When it is advantageous,move;when not advantageous,stop.Anger can revert to happiness,annoyance can revert to joy,but a vanquished state cannot be revived,the dead cannot be brought back to life." Sun-Tzu

#15    glorybebe

glorybebe

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,701 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostCrimsonKing, on 07 February 2013 - 04:39 PM, said:

I dont mind background checks,but again most of these laws are already in the books just not enforced correctly.On women in combat if they want to do it fine,but do not lower the standards in anyway.Sorry ladies but if you are completly a man's equal in every way then when a draft comes around and you are really needed you should be eligible to be drafted no special treatment!
Here in Canada, if you had training, even if you were in cadets you would be drafted, if it came to the draft, regardless of sex.  The only thing is that you may be drafted to train the younger draftees.

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with chocolate!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users