Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Could Jesus have been female ?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#61    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,206 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:02 AM

. .   nah. I'm sitting here looking at a print of  The Last Supper  .. and  the person at his right   .. looks like a   girrrrl  :blush:
   in any version of the painting i've seen

Edited by lightly, 09 May 2013 - 01:03 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#62    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 20,225 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

Usually John, believed to be the youngest of the Apostles, is shown with his head laid down, or sleeping, or reclining next to Jesus. Almost all Last Suppers show the 12 remaining Apostles, so if one is Mary, which Apostle is always being left out?

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Last_Supper
Lots of pictures at Wiki with no woman, but lots with a young John.

http://en.wikipedia....Twelve_Apostles

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#63    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:47 PM

View Postlightly, on 09 May 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

. .   nah. I'm sitting here looking at a print of  The Last Supper  .. and  the person at his right   .. looks like a   girrrrl  :blush:
   in any version of the painting i've seen

The artist of the day often painted a young, sometimes feminine, looking Apostle John, but don't let that fool you. The Bible calls John and his brother James "the sons of thunder" and they were ready to call fire down on a city that rejected their message about Jesus. However, Jesus rebuked them for their rash behavior.

#64    Sundew

Sundew

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

• Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectos Nunc

Posted 09 May 2013 - 09:51 PM

View PostSUPERSquatch, on 08 May 2013 - 01:08 PM, said:

"Among mammals, a virgin birth (parthenogenesis) can only produce female offspring, for chromosomal reasons" - Frank Zindler

That assumes, however that the cells in the offsprings body only come from the mother. From a purely scientific view that might be true, but that of courses discounts the supernatural. A transcendent God who made everything from nothing would have not trouble in producing a male offspring from a virgin.

#65    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,206 posts

Yogi Berra

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

View PostDieChecker, on 09 May 2013 - 01:57 AM, said:

Usually John, believed to be the youngest of the Apostles, is shown with his head laid down, or sleeping, or reclining next to Jesus. Almost all Last Suppers show the 12 remaining Apostles, so if one is Mary, which Apostle is always being left out?

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Last_Supper
Lots of pictures at Wiki with no woman, but lots with a young John.

http://en.wikipedia....Twelve_Apostles

Yup ,   total of 12 apostles in the painting.  Just sayin...   the one on Jesus' right almost always looks  VERY feminine...  none more so than  the original Davinci version.   ...Except maybe in the print on my wall.  

Hey i know!  ...  one of the twelve took the picture!*   :w00t:     . . . (lol)

Edited by lightly, 10 May 2013 - 12:31 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#66    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 7,911 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

The first painting of the last supper was in 1308 by  Duccio, where did he get the descriptions from to paint them like that, because the descriptions of jesus varies, let alone his posse.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#67    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,206 posts

Yogi Berra

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 10 May 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

The first painting of the last supper was in 1308 by  Duccio, where did he get the descriptions from to paint them like that, because the descriptions of jesus varies, let alone his posse.

interesting painting,   " nappiing "john"?  is on Jesus' left ,rather than right  and he looks like a young guy , instead of effeminate as in so many others?
   interesting piece of 'fabric' hanging on the beam .......   and, what' in that bowl ?!     lol.

Attached File  the-last-supper-1311.jpg!Blog.jpg   43.44K   17 downloads

Thanks freetoroam ,  i didn't know that ,  i assumed Davinvi's was first.    ..good question.

Edited by lightly, 10 May 2013 - 03:52 PM.

#68    H132

H132

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 109 posts

• The reason you don't know the truth is because you don't want to know. And trust me; You really don't want to know.

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

wow  {facepalm}

#69    Neognosis

Neognosis

Telekinetic

• 7,159 posts

• Just try not to hurt anybody, ok?

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

short answer: No.

#70    Blurfoot

Blurfoot

(Formerly 'acute')

• 2,401 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:57 PM

Jesus was well documented by the Romans and was definitely male!

#71    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 9,020 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:26 PM

gender is irrelevent. jesus is the word not the person anyway

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users