Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Destination Truth

josh gates

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,195 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 11 August 2012 - 02:17 AM

What Ameazes me about this Show is that have been to every Single Continent on this Planet. Even ******* Antartica. The only place they havent been to is Space and or High Earth Alltitude. I love all the Countries that they go to. I guess thats why i keep watching this show and josh gates is hillarious to. But how do they afford these trips? Especially the one to Antartica. I mean they go to the worlds most remote places imginable. Does the Syfy channel pay them out of there own pocket or does each team member have to pay for there own plane tickets?

And talk about taking time out of your personnel/Family lives. But i would do it in a Heart beat just to go to the countries see the history searching for cryptids,aliens, and Ghosts. How many people can say they have been to Antartica?

#2    Imaginarynumber1

Imaginarynumber1

I am not an irrational number

• 4,569 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

Josh Gates is hilarious. My favorite part of any episode is whenever they're in town messing around.

"A cat has nine lives. For three he plays, for three he strays, and for the last three he stays."

July 17th, 2008 (Full moon the next night)

RAPTORS! http://www.unexplain...pic=233151&st=0

#3    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,861 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:43 AM

View Poststevemagegod, on 11 August 2012 - 02:17 AM, said:

How many people can say they have been to Antartica?

My mom just went to Antarctica at 85-years-old! All I got was a lousy T-shirt, no photos of cryptids. :no:

#4    Ravinoff

Ravinoff

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:46 AM

Yeah, it can be a decent enough show when it's not being too dumb. I personally like the ghost segments better, because the crew couldn't know any less about outdoor investigations. I've heard rabbits that are louder than what they thing a sasquatch sounds like. I did love the one where they checked out the caves in Chile (I think it was Chile, somewhere in South America).

#5    Amber75

Amber75

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 11:41 PM

I love this show, some really funny moments! I hope it continues:)

#6    Lilly

Lilly

Forum Divinity

• 16,219 posts

• "To thine own self be true" William Shakespeare

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

Even though they never manage to catch any monsters, I still love the show. It's the places they go and the things they do in pursuit of these critters that's so entertaining. Josh Gates is just so darn funny, the places they visit so fascinating...you just don't care if they find any monsters or not!

"Ignorance is ignorance. It is a state of mind, not an opinion." ~MID~

"All that live must die, passing through nature into eternity" ~Shakespeare~ Posted Image

#7    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,861 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:56 AM

They pack up and leave tooo fast.

#8    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,574 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

DT is the only paranormal show that I actually make sure I watch.  Gates and the crew are funny as hell.

And while I'm a pretty hardcore skeptic and certainly don't believe in ghosts, the image they captured at Masada does give me pause.

"You can't have freedom of religion without having freedom from the religious beliefs of other people."

#9    PlanB

PlanB

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

• Find out what you love and let it kill you.

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

Hand down my favorite paranormal show. Actually, I like to think of it more of a "travel" show. They immerse themselves in the culture and local folklore and seem to relish that they get to travel the world. They don't take themselves too seriously and have great team chemistry. One of my favorite lines was "nobody's better at almost catching monsters than us."

#10    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Destination Truth is one of my favorite shows Josh Gates and his whole crew are extremely funny and even if they see nothing at all its overall entertaining.I also love how Ryder gets spooked so easily and just starts letting the cuss words fly :tsu:

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#11    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Hands down the most compelling paranormal show on television... tons of fun and there is no use of remote "gadgets" that supposedly can contact or track the paranormal... as for the other guys how about letting a technician or scientist dissect and analyze those "ghost" boxes with those fancy lights and beeps and bleeps and digital voices?

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#12    AZDZ

AZDZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:15 PM

Weren't those devices built by 'techs or scientists'?

never say never, because anything is possible

Please note: I am not Anti-Government. I hold no affiliation with Conspiracy Theorists.
My opinions are my own based on my experiences only. While I do wonder why they continue

to hold positions they do, I also think they believe they are doing the right thing.

#13    GoSC

GoSC

HOSEA 1:10; 2:23

• 2,615 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:52 PM

View PostAZDZ, on 27 August 2012 - 10:15 PM, said:

Weren't those devices built by 'techs or scientists'?

Allegedly, but lets have techs and scientists not associated with these programs take a look inside them and describe to us how they tick.

"I charge thee in the sight of God, who giveth life to all things, and of Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed the good confession; that thou keep the commandment, without spot, without reproach, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: which in its own times he shall show, WHO IS THE BLESSED AND ONLY POTENTE, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS; who only hath immortality, dwelling in light unapproachable; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honor and power eternal. Amen" (I Tim 6:13-16).

#14    AZDZ

AZDZ

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

• Hatching soon...

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:19 AM

Agreed.

never say never, because anything is possible

Please note: I am not Anti-Government. I hold no affiliation with Conspiracy Theorists.
My opinions are my own based on my experiences only. While I do wonder why they continue

to hold positions they do, I also think they believe they are doing the right thing.

#15    TheCosmicMind

TheCosmicMind

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 12:23 AM

Josh is a funny guy, but I don't like how the show goes to two different locations each week.  It should be one per week and the investigations should be more substantial than them running around in the dark with night vision goggles and then cutting to commercial every time someone sees a shadow or hears a weird noise.  I like the interviews and the talks with the experts, and the locals as well, but I could do without seeing a bunch of clueless people bumping into each other and tripping at night.  

That said, the episode where they look for elves in Iceland was awesome.  Josh was absolutely hilarious in that one.

Edited by TheCosmicMind, 28 August 2012 - 12:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users