Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 10 votes

Astral Projection FAQs & Techniques Thread

• Please log in to reply
1226 replies to this topic

#571    John Rayne

John Rayne

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 58 posts

• Joseph Campbell - “Life is a mystery to be lived, not a problem to be solved”

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:05 PM

Thanks Seeker79, all that info does help alot.  Also I have read more on astral travel and have more info on my driving .experiences...

READ THIS!!!  As a family man I would like to add PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO ASTRAL PROJECT/TRAVEL WHILE DRIVING, as I have never done it intentionaly and would never for safety,  you think texting is bad.

But as far as my own (unknowing/not trying) experience I have always found that when I snapped out of it the radio was on "static" (off air station) or on "scan".  I have also believe that even though the radio is on scan there is a rhythmic sound to the chaos and your brain can fill in the discrepencies.

Also I have found that the low frequency hum of a window A/C unit provides a great relaxer.

#572    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

• “Truth is an experience not a belief"

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:47 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 27 September 2012 - 11:33 PM, said:

Hi,
Just a question..
Am I correct in assuming that if someone doesn't ground before meditiation or at any time for that matter that it can be benefitial to leaving the body?

There is great misconception about grounding. It's not just about bringing yourself back to the physical after you have done something -- im sick of reading texts which only state that grounding should be done to help you come back to your body after a meditation or healing or whatever... That is like utilising 1% of what grounding is..... It's only until recently i had a very basic view of grounding myself, i had some experiences which opened my eyes to the real purpose of grounding.

Grounding is about the connection between yourself and everything else. But furthermore it is about how you hold your space, literally.  Imagine 2 tents side by side, one has no grounding ropes, the other does. What happenes to the one with no ropes when the gale comes by ? it gets obliterated and tossed into another location/dimension/space from where it is supposed to be. Rather than holding it self firm against the currents, the currents are in total control of it.  What chance does a tent like this have in aiding your protection too ?

Another example - You have 2 towers, one has a lightning grounding rod, the other doesn't. Along comes a storm and the tower with no grounding rod, gets struck, setting it on fire and shooting all it's circuits out.

You don't want that happening to your body (chakra system) if you start taking in to much energy during a session, ie energy is always coming in through the top (crown)  and if you are not grounded it is pretty uncomfortable because it wails on and bottlesnecks wherever blocks/congestion is.  And because there is a capacity for how much energy a being can hold. Now energy is not supposed to be 'held' it's supposed to flow, continuously flow, which connects back to why grounding aids the completion of the circuit of connecting to yourself, higherlevels/non physical. Grounding helps to prevent and work out blocks too, which everyone has or gets, it is a given. In advanced techniques grounding is also used to pull energy from. So you have a circuit of energy being both pulled and grounded from top and bottom, and distributed around the whole body/and the subtle bodies.

The other thing grounding is used for is for keeping you in "live time", as far as consciousness flow/time goes, grounding keeps you and your multi levels of consciousness in the present moment which is the relevant moment, not in the past, not in the future.  So when you do apply/shift your awareness to your consciousness, like project, you are keeping in live time, you are receiving inline of what is relevant for now.

So there is many different applications of grounding, if you are looking for a method to bring you 'back' to make you feel solid and dense again, you may as well eat food.. But eating food is not going to do a thing for all the above. Food is another topic really, you can be very light from a fast or certain way of eating/food types, which can give you the same sensation of being airy fairy ungrounded, half in, half out, but you can infact be grounded as solid as an oak and still maintain that sensitivity of a lighter density.

But whatever application/intention you use grounding for it is not going to make projection harder. It is going to aid it because you are balancing and activating the circuits that are needed in doing these things. This of course will unlikely make much sense to anyone who is yet to feel energy or their energy body. But it should make sense to those who can and know what a block feels like etc.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy, 28 September 2012 - 10:54 PM.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#573    Overdueleaf

Overdueleaf

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:56 PM

i shall relay an incident which happened to me.. and i would like opinions on what this was... i was told by many that is was the start of astral projection...... here it goes.... this happened.. about 5 years ago......

I was relaxing on the love seat listening to music... in a darkened room.. i could hear everything going on around me.. i remember that my younger brothers were over playing XBOX in my spare bedroom.. my kids (little at the time) were playing in the living room. As i laid there i had this sensation that i was drifting(not off to sleep.. physically drifting)... my eyes still closed.... i could still sense what was going on around me. I lingered in that state for a few minutes.. then i physically felt like i was being slammed back into my body.. almost like a taunt rubberband and been let go and snapped back to its natural relaxed shape. Right after that happened.. i said out loud.. "WHOA what just happened".

Any thoughts/opinions on what this was is appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Posted Image

Your memory IS foggy. It's the pancakes

#574    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:59 PM

Yes that was projection, that drifting and connected sense of what was going on around you, was the expansion of your awareness/consciousness. :tu:

*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#575    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,446 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:35 PM

Thank's for the grounding lesson Blue. :tu:
That kind of explains more recent events of wishy-washy mind like that of a few months ago, feelings of dropping away or floating away when relaxed and a 30 minute meditation session that (when I stoped & looked at the clock) only lasted 12 minutes...
I'm going to ground from here on in..

hmmmmm......... Overdueleaf's description is very similar to my "dropping away or floating away" feelings I've had lately.. I always notice it and kind of snap myself back in place? but it's not a consious snapping myself back.. It's automatic (probably a fear responce).. If this is the beginnings of projection, how does one stop the automatic process of returning to the body?

#576    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:47 PM

View PostProfessor T, on 28 September 2012 - 11:35 PM, said:

Thank's for the grounding lesson Blue. :tu:
That kind of explains more recent events of wishy-washy mind like that of a few months ago, feelings of dropping away or floating away when relaxed and a 30 minute meditation session that (when I stoped & looked at the clock) only lasted 12 minutes...
I'm going to ground from here on in..

hmmmmm......... Overdueleaf's description is very similar to my "dropping away or floating away" feelings I've had lately.. I always notice it and kind of snap myself back in place? but it's not a consious snapping myself back.. It's automatic (probably a fear responce).. If this is the beginnings of projection, how does one stop the automatic process of returning to the body?

Don't confuse alt states and feeling the lighter densities (anything outside of 3d) with not being grounded. Like just because you are grounded, doesn't mean you will feel that same solidness and concept of time like you do when focused in a physically conscious state.  Your perceptions of passage of time and not being bound by distance (truth) are heightened when you are accessing astral/higher states of consciousness. That is the norm and nothing to do with being ungrounded or grounded. So yes you can be grounded and still come back from a meditation/projection with a totally different sense of how time passed.

And that is more than the beginnings of projection - it is projection. I think it's just practise of holding that state that eventually allows you to be there longer and longer.

Posted Image

#577    SpectralEdge

SpectralEdge

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• This is the story of how I died.

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:39 AM

Found this today.  http://www.llewellyn...al/article/1705

Thoughts? Seems like another way to have an ap going at it from another angle.

#578    secretinvader

secretinvader

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:12 PM

It is easy to do astral. If one meditate regularly. Because the more things stock in your mind (e.g. doubts, problems, anxiety, stress, commotions) will hinder you to astral.
That's why you have to cleanse your body mind and soul. Those things you carry could blocked your mind. I mean one have to reach the state between conscious and sub-conscious.

#579    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,069 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

View Postsecretinvader, on 01 October 2012 - 12:12 PM, said:

It is easy to do astral. If one meditate regularly. Because the more things stock in your mind (e.g. doubts, problems, anxiety, stress, commotions) will hinder you to astral.
That's why you have to cleanse your body mind and soul. Those things you carry could blocked your mind. I mean one have to reach the state between conscious and sub-conscious.
Yes but those things are not that easy to clense. It takes a lot of practice to let go.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#580    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

• Be the change you wish to see in the world.
    -Gandhi

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:24 PM

Have a quick question.

I just finally opened up my crown, again, which hasn't happened in months.  As I did, I felt pressure pushing up on my perineum.  I didn't attempt an exit, I just sat and enjoyed it, mostly because I wasn't quite sure what the pressure was.  Never felt it before, as far as I can remember.

Any thoughts?

#581    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,446 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

View PostB Randomly, on 02 October 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Have a quick question.

I just finally opened up my crown, again, which hasn't happened in months.  As I did, I felt pressure pushing up on my perineum.  I didn't attempt an exit, I just sat and enjoyed it, mostly because I wasn't quite sure what the pressure was.  Never felt it before, as far as I can remember.

Any thoughts?
I've had this too, but from a dream about surgery, doctor & nurse. This was about 1 1/2 months ago. When I woke up it was still there, but took a while to fade.. Much later that day I had the biggest er, number 2 in my life! :cry:  It was agony! Anyway I kind of dismissed it as being diet related... am just as curious to know if there is any relation..

#582    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

-Gandhi

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:02 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 03 October 2012 - 10:07 PM, said:

I've had this too, but from a dream about surgery, doctor & nurse. This was about 1 1/2 months ago. When I woke up it was still there, but took a while to fade.. Much later that day I had the biggest er, number 2 in my life! :cry:  It was agony! Anyway I kind of dismissed it as being diet related... am just as curious to know if there is any relation..

I don't think diet is the cause, for me.  I'm a morning ritual person(damn coffee!), and this happend in the evening.

#583    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:52 AM

View PostB Randomly, on 02 October 2012 - 11:24 PM, said:

Have a quick question.

Any thoughts?

It's the root chakra and where kundanlini is seated.

Posted Image

#584    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

It could have released a cleansing/ blockage, not necessary to do with diet.

Posted Image

#585    B Randomly

B Randomly

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 183 posts

-Gandhi

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

It wasn't really a desirable feeling.  It felt like I was sitting on a baseball.

Recent blog entries on this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users