Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Department of Justice

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Funny, where is all the rage and angst from the Gitmo, Black Sites, Rendition, and EIT types - oh wait, the Daddy Rabbit of this one has a D after his name, so it's all cool.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#17    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

View PostRafterman, on 06 February 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

Funny, where is all the rage and angst from the Gitmo, Black Sites, Rendition, and EIT types - oh wait, the Daddy Rabbit of this one has a D after his name, so it's all cool.

What about us poor b******* without a D or an R after our names?  What about us with an I after our names?

Obama governs like Bush on 5 Hour Energy or Redbull.  My shame over what my government does in my name and with my measly tax dollars is as great as it was when Dubya was in office.

But you're right, there is some element of humor to see and listen to the Great Liberals defend tyranny, torture and usurpation.  Perverse humor. :cry:

#18    Taun

Taun

A dashing moose about town...

• 6,545 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

Perhaps the Department of Justice should change their mandate (and name) to the Department of Criminal Activity... Put them in charge of crime and as badly as they run things crime would become extinct in short order...

#19    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 36,588 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

I failed to see the problem from day one as to the citizenship, if somebody declares war or joins a group that is waging war against the US, they should not be surprised to find themselves at the front end of an US missile. Always been like that, will never be anyway else. My problem is more that the bloke was targeted in a non-combat area, and that makes the use of a missile questionable.

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#20    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:54 PM

lol, department of what??????

RESIDENT TROLL.

#21    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

View Postlightly, on 06 February 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

No, of course NOT.  I'm not OK with anyone attacking anyone. I'm not OK  with (as i bolded)  American citizens being killed because they are BELIEVED  to be something  EVEN if there is NO INTELLIGENCE  to prove it. As stated in the  alleged  " confidential Justice Department memo "
:passifier: :passifier: :passifier:

Actually, thats not what it says whatsoever. Read it again. It doesnt say there needn't be intelligence to prove that they're part of al qaida... it says there need not be intelligence which proves that the al qaida member is actively engaged in a plot to attack the US...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#22    aztek

aztek

Telekinetic

• 7,149 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:49 PM

it is what it says, but you are welcome to interpret and see it for yourself anyway you want. as long as it makes you happy, however it would not be reflection of reality in any way.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#23    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,903 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

View Postaztek, on 06 February 2013 - 08:49 PM, said:

it is what it says, but you are welcome to interpret and see it for yourself anyway you want. as long as it makes you happy, however it would not be reflection of reality in any way.

:rolleyes:

"A confidential Justice Department memo concludes that the U.S. government can order the killing of American citizens if they are believed to be “senior operational leaders” of al-Qaida or “an associated force” -- even if there is no intelligence indicating they are engaged in an active plot to attack the U.S."

If you're going to argue against the policy, argue against the policy, not your own made up opinion of what the policy says.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#24    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• Closed
  • 8,732 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostTaun, on 06 February 2013 - 07:22 PM, said:

Perhaps the Department of Justice should change their mandate (and name) to the Department of Criminal Activity... Put them in charge of crime and as badly as they run things crime would become extinct in short order...

Good idea!

With Fast And Furious already completed, they are on their way to some sort of National Medal. :tu:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users