Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Proud Africans

lost bird

Most of African religions haven't human saviours in their religious myths, like mainsteam religions have. Judaism, Christianity, Islam, buddhism, hinduism have saviours in their myths. I think most of African religions have self confidence or faith in Divine Love to pass the shadow of death, river of terror in victory individually without helping hand from human saviours, angels etc.

• Like 2

I am taking a class on the West African Orishas . Anything I can share with the rest of the class would be loved. We are studying Yoruba. :)

Most of Christians could not mystifie myths of the gospel. Therefore they wouldn't 'to keep and dress ' the paradise and gods made their paradise void. Their Temple/ paradise became 'den of thieves '

Most of Eurasian heroes saviours are myths to me. Julius Caesar, Alexander the great, Cyrus; Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus, Paul ; Prophet Muhamed etc.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/neu/mbh/index.htm

Allah chose Africa to be a center of all myths. Cradle of humanity and mysticism.

Hmmm....Nairobi's in Africa, isn't it?

Allah? I don't think he is an Orisha.

Ifa is not a simple spiritual tradition and it's one that requires great discipline and responsibility from its initiates. There's a series of excellent interviews with Luisha Teish, who's an Ifa priest, on youtube, for anyone who'd like to know more about it. It is similar to most other traditions in that it is heirarchal, which for me is a deal breaker.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of Christians could not mystifie myths of the gospel. Therefore they wouldn't 'to keep and dress ' the paradise and gods made their paradise void. Their Temple/ paradise became 'den of thieves '

Most of Eurasian heroes saviours are myths to me. Julius Caesar, Alexander the great, Cyrus; Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, David, Jesus, Paul ; Prophet Muhamed etc.

http://www.sacred-te...u/mbh/index.htm

Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and David were symbols and foreshadows of Jesus the only Savior. When a light shines from behind an object, a shadow of the object falls forward. The shadow is not an exact duplicate of the object but resembles it in some ways. Adam was put to sleep (symbol of death) and from Adam's side his bride was created. When Jesus died the wound in his side was the beginning of His Bride, the Christian church.

Abraham was going to offer his son Isaac as a sacrifice. He didn't actually do it; but they are foreshadows of God the Father in Heaven who really did offer up His Son, Jesus, for a sacrifice to pay the blood debt for sin.

Moses was a deliverer of his people. He was rejected by his own people, the Jews, but he delivered them out of the bondage of Egypt. Jesus delivered His people out from the bondage of sin. He was rejected by His own. All Jewish boys 2 years and younger were killed when Moses was born. He was saved in the house of the Pharoah's sister. When Jesus was born all Jewish boys 2 years and younger were killed in Bethlehem. Jesus was taken to Egypt where he escaped.

David came from humble beginnings and became king. Jesus was born to a poor family and is our King.

That is just a small sample of the thousands of foreshadows in the Old Testament of Jesus. We were told to search the Old Testament and we would be able to see Jesus in those events. Man could not have manipulated those events to be duplicated thousands of years later by Jesus.

God bless us all is my prayer.

Do you know about the orisha pots that Ifa practicioners make? They are made out of molded & fired clay, usually of the orisha that is the practitioner's spiritual father or mother. They are imbued with the spirit of energy of the orisha, have a rudimentary face, which is deliberate I think, so that an orisha won't be identified as being human, because they're not, unlike saints, for instance. They are like a material representative of the orisha, and the few I've seen felt like they did generate their own particular energy; they are definitely power objects. I think a practitioner has to have permission from the head of their ile (house) to make one, because they are power objects, and one most prove their reliability, knowledge, and self-discipline first.

Most of African religions haven't human saviours in their religious myths, like mainsteam religions have. Judaism, Christianity, Islam, buddhism, hinduism have saviours in their myths. I think most of African religions have self confidence or faith in Divine Love to pass the shadow of death, river of terror in victory individually without helping hand from human saviours, angels etc.

It depends on what you mean by salvation. The Jewish idea of salvation is that of a Messianic leader who guides the Messiah back home at the end of an exile among the nations. Therefore it is not correct to generalize the concept by including Judaism into the same agenda of other religions.

Edited by Ben Masada

Ben, I don't want to be rude but I can see why many jews abandoned the idea of messiah itself.

I know why but I bet it has nothing to do with how you know. IMHO, they abandon Judaism for lack of knowledge of both territories: Judaism and Christianity. No wonder Hosea said that "My People perish for lack of knowledge." (Hos.4:6) It is true that more Jews are crossing the line and joining Christianity but if you ask me quite a number of Christians are crossing over the same line to join Judaism every year. Myself, due to my face-to-face work with them here at my house every Saturday afternoon, 11 precious former Christian souls have embraced Judaism.

• 2 weeks later...

Picasso remark after visiting ancient cave painting , 'Humankind hasn't progressed in art since these twelve thousands.'

Not only in Art, but in philosopy, science, christ-science, astronomy, physics, geometry, mathematics. . .

Those ancient healers of the world surpassed us seven fold . Still their image serve as gods of religions. Jesus, Horus, Heru, Herucleus, Muhamed, Buddha. . .

When Ancients build Pyramids, obelisks, paint in caves, write scriptures including Bible and Quran, put megaliths, Temples , their purpose is " to reproduce the visions " they had. They were not in magic trance as ancient cave art researchers asserted. They were normal, scientific, intelligent and genius when they did these. It is not super natural but natural.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/14/AR2006121401459.html

Picasso remark after visiting ancient cave painting , 'Humankind hasn't progressed in art since these twelve thousands.'

Not only in Art, but in philosopy, science, christ-science, astronomy, physics, geometry, mathematics. . .

Those ancient healers of the world surpassed us seven fold . Still their image serve as gods of religions. Jesus, Horus, Heru, Herucleus, Muhamed, Buddha. . .

You missed Muhammad, what was his role in this list of famous ones?

If Mecca and Taj Mahal Mosque were Hindu Temple sites before. If Angel Gibreal dictation is most improbable for me. . . what do I care for Muhamed historical accuracy ?

Or any accuracy at all for that matter.......

Seems that you are trying to push forth the notion that the Ethiopians are a kind of historical 'master' race, but have so far failed to provide any compelling evidence for such, other than your own personnel arrogance.

If Mecca and Taj Mahal Mosque were Hindu Temple sites before. If Angel Gibreal dictation is most improbable for me. . . what do I care for Muhamed historical accuracy ?

Oh! Sorry, I thought you were speaking on an impartial basis.