Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Electrokinesis

SG7

Electrokinesis:

The power to control, Absorb and sense Electricity.

As I have said in the past, Its very rare.

Now speaking as a person with this power, I know its hard to prove. Personly I don't care what you think. But I do care about my Psychic brothers and sisters being called lier's! By there other brothers and sisters. Its bad as it is that normal people call us that. Wheres the Love???

But Lets get down to this. Man kind has had power over Electricity for a long time with the help of tech. Thats why its so hard for us to prove it. Its not like Telekinesis, were you can move a book across the room. Its not that easy for us. There is a way tho. You can use a batter tester to prove it and train. Use the older ones, not the new computer ones.

Its easer to use and People can say that the computer one can be fix.

I hope these helps : )

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SG7

• Sporkling

• Nucular

• drakonwick

Yea, people need to relize that every century there has been a major discovery that changes the views of science(EX: World is flat, Earth revolves around sun...etc...) Psychic abilities are thta new discovery, and you people should embrace that...

Yea, people need to relize that every century there has been a major discovery that changes the views of science(EX: World is flat, Earth revolves around sun...etc...) Psychic abilities are thta new discovery, and you people should embrace that...

As soon as you can scientifically prove it, consider it embraced.

Yes, but the thing is, as with everything else (using same ex: world flat...ect) the people have gotten critisizim for their beliefs, then it turns out to be real, so people need to save themselves the humiliation and leave believers alone, because soon it will be proven real, and we'll be able to rub it into your little skeptic noses...

Yes, but the thing is, as with everything else (using same ex: world flat...ect) the people have gotten critisizim for their beliefs, then it turns out to be real, so people need to save themselves the humiliation and leave believers alone, because soon it will be proven real, and we'll be able to rub it into your little skeptic noses...

Thank you

I think that skeptics should stay as they are and believers should stay as they are.

There must be an equilibrium. Skeptics, do not attack the believers. Believers, do not attack the skeptics. And all will be well in the future.

No humiliation. No problems. Just discoveries.

Heres hoping you get the chance to abrade my nose within our lifetimes. For now I am not going to hold my breathe......

((sticks nose out to make sure believers know where it is))

Kevin A.

I wish I had a penny for every time I have seen this tired cliche. The fact that occasionally in history an idea has been mocked and then subsequently accepted does not mean that all ideas mocked today will shortly be proven true. Most never are, and remain laughable. I sincerely hope that some of the ideas concerning the supernatural towards which I may have aimed a chuckle are at some point shown to have merit; I very much doubt that will happen though. Until then, I too shall be risking 'humiliation', and chuckling wearily to myself.

Electrokinesis:

The power to control, Absorb and sense Electricity.

As I have said in the past, Its very rare.

Now speaking as a person with this power, I know its hard to prove. Personly I don't care what you think. But I do care about my Psychic brothers and sisters being called lier's! By there other brothers and sisters. Its bad as it is that normal people call us that. Wheres the Love???

But Lets get down to this. Man kind has had power over Electricity for a long time with the help of tech. Thats why its so hard for us to prove it. Its not like Telekinesis, were you can move a book across the room. Its not that easy for us. There is a way tho. You can use a batter tester to prove it and train. Use the older ones, not the new computer ones.

Its easer to use and People can say that the computer one can be fix.

I hope these helps : )

hold a lightbulb, light it up and film it.

that's proof enough for me... or can you not do that?

and also, some people, very few, can conduct energy with their body: e.g. hold onto a power supply in one hand and light up a bulb with the other.

but not control, absorb or sense it.

Where does this end and electrokinesis begin?

Edited by Meltus

hold a lightbulb, light it up and film it.

that's proof enough for me... or can you not do that?

I see where you're coming from, but a) I haven't read SG7 claim to be able to do that, and B) it'd be easy to fake.

I'd be interested to know what SG7 actually believes he can do with electrokinesis, and how he knows he has this ability.

SG7, to stop yourself and your brethren being accused of lying, all you need to do is demonstrate your ability under controlled conditions. Could you do that?

I see where you're coming from, but a) I haven't read SG7 claim to be able to do that, and B) it'd be easy to fake.

I'd be interested to know what SG7 actually believes he can do with electrokinesis, and how he knows he has this ability.

SG7, to stop yourself and your brethren being accused of lying, all you need to do is demonstrate your ability under controlled conditions. Could you do that?

it would be interesting to see just what his ability is and if it's not powerful enough to light up a lightbulb or something isn't it a completely pointless ability to have?

except for giving people small electric shocks, which would be quite fun. but then again you can easily do that with static...

it would be interesting to see just what his ability is and if it's not powerful enough to light up a lightbulb or something isn't it a completely pointless ability to have?

Well, yeah. I tend to think that about most of these so-called abilities... I mean, what's the use of psiballs? Why would I want to bend a spoon? Most people I meet, I wouldn't want to be able to read their thoughts, however vaguely, randomly and unconvincingly the research describes these abilities as.

And moreover, if this ability is so minor, how would anybody know they've got it in the first place?

I do think it's important though to stick with the claims people make about their own abilities, and not make ones up for them. Maybe he does claim to be able to light a bulb by holding it - many have claimed this - but he hasn't said so yet. It's like if I said I can speak a foreign language, and someone says "okay then, what's 'antidisestablishmentarianism' in Swahili?". They didn't wait for me to say what language I speak, and even if it was Swahili being able to speak the language wouldn't necessarily mean I can translate every obscure word. It's just best to evaluate what people are claiming, to avoid accusations of being unfair.

I do think that however useless a psi ability might be, it'd probably the most interesting event of the century if one were proven true.

except for giving people small electric shocks, which would be quite fun. but then again you can easily do that with static...

Yes, that would be fun :)

Edited by Nucular

Well like I said be for, " I don't care what you think about me." But I'll give you all some more info on this power. "Most" of us do not have control over this power( I'm one, But I'm working on it). We find out we have it my mistake. I use it wen I have a little nerves twitch, I Twitch and the lights will deem or even go out. In fact two or three days ago I had a twitch and all the light, computers, belts lines, all the power in the warehouse went down for about 2 seconds be for it came back up.

I've been trying to get control over this ever scenes. But I had it for years, It just never got in the way of work be for.

Wen I get control I'll think about show you all in a vid. Most Psychic like me don't like to show our faces or give our names.

Edited by SG7

I think I'm either really unlucky or I have an electrokinesis problem. It's kind of funny, but it also freaks me out. I have no control over this what so ever, so it doesn't even make a good party trick. lol Sometimes (not all the time, but often enough to make ya think) when I drive or walk under street lights, they'll turn off and back on. It's happened at least 15 times (that I noticed) in the past 5 years. Three times in that time frame I've (once) walked or driven across a train track and had the barricade go off as I'm crossing, and wait to see absolutely no train and the barricades just go back up like they think they're bein funny. It actually scares the crap out of me, as you can imagine. Three different crossings in two different cities 40 miles apart so I don't think it was just a messed up barricade. There's also some other little weird things that have happened to me that are similar, but they were solitary events so I couldn't they weren't just coincidence but what I've described is pretty weird in itself, i think. Now, I don't know if I believe in electrokinesis or not, but it's definatly interesting to think about.

Hmmm it sounds alot like it, but only 15 times in 5 years does sound odd. It mite just be starting to "wake up".

Well like I said be for, " I don't care what you think about me." But I'll give you all some more info on this power.

Thanks - that's fair enough if you don't care what people think of you, but you did hint that you care what other people are thought of.

"Most" of us do not have control over this power( I'm one, But I'm working on it). We find out we have it my mistake. I use it wen I have a little nerves twitch, I Twitch and the lights will deem or even go out. In fact two or three days ago I had a twitch and all the light, computers, belts lines, all the power in the warehouse went down for about 2 seconds be for it came back up.

I've been trying to get control over this ever scenes. But I had it for years, It just never got in the way of work be for.

Now, for the record, I'm not about to call you a liar - I see nothing in your description of your ability that would indicate that you're making stuff up. But, I think it quite likely that you may be mistaken. I think perhaps the important question to be asking here is: how often do you have a 'little nerves twitch' and don't notice any electrical anomalies?

Now this isn't the sort of question you can just rattle off an answer for... because of the way human attention and memory work, it is unlikely unless you have been keeping formal records that you have access to the data. It simply won't have been noticed or remembered, since unless I misunderstand you, your nervous twitch isn't a surprising thing in and of itself, but rather it's what accompanies it which is surprising. So why would you notice and remember those times when you twitch and nothing whatsoever happens?

You could test this yourself preliminarily by simply keeping a record of every time you have a twitch, with no exceptions. Simply have a piece of paper in your pocket, and make a note of the time it happened, and any electrical anomalies which occurred at the same time. If they happened later, record how much later. If nothing anomalous happened, record that too. This will go some way to ruling out the possibility of response bias in your recording.

I realise you don't feel at present as though there is any reason to test anything - you're sure you have electrokinesis, and it seems you don't feel a need to prove it to others - but I'm suggesting this only because I know that it's possible to 'know' something and be mistaken, and because you expressed a concern that people claiming psi abilities are being maligned. I also thought you might be interested in a sceptical approach (remember sceptics don't want to disprove your powers, only to see if they really are there or not).

Wen I get control I'll think about show you all in a vid. Most Psychic like me don't like to show our faces or give our names.

No, that's a shame. There are so many of us who'd love to see some sort of evidence of something paranormal, and yet psychics etc. tend to limit themselves only to posting on web forums about how little they feel the need to prove anything to anyone. It's frustrating! And, sadly, goes nowhere towards helping people not be called liars :hmm:

Its better if the psychic are kept hidden. Its better that people don't believe. I think this way it is better.

Right.

So, as a believer (I assume), don't you think there's anything that could benefit humanity in any of these powers?

Why is it best that they are kept hidden?

And why if you think these things should be kept under wraps do you post on the internet about them?

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm genuinely curious as to what you mean.

Its better if the psychic are kept hidden. Its better that people don't believe. I think this way it is better.

Interesting! Exactly why do you think they should stay hidden?

Oh well see. For example, if you have electrokinesis, you can use it as and when you want to. If the law sees this as something true, they may ban it or something. You can say I am selfish for only thinking of myself type but I prefer it this way. This I am providing is only an example. So..... ok?

Right.

So, as a believer (I assume), don't you think there's anything that could benefit humanity in any of these powers?

I don't think so.

Below please

And why if you think these things should be kept under wraps do you post on the internet about them?

I like debate.

I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I'm genuinely curious as to what you mean.

Oh well see. For example, if you have electrokinesis, you can use it as and when you want to. If the law sees this as something true, they may ban it or something. You can say I am selfish for only thinking of myself type but I prefer it this way. This I am providing is only an example. So..... ok?

So, you think people can send out electrical signals strong enough to damage something or hurt someone as well?

Ummm. You realise there's a lot in it for you not to keep it a secret?

I can't really see any legal changes coming from the discovery of a particular psi power, beyond the legal responsibility if you used it for harm.

Yet, if you show you have this power, you can benefit yourself by winning a Nobel Prize, the approximately $4,500,000 worldwide in sceptical prizes, as much or as little fame as you wish, and at the same time benefit humanity by extending the possibilities of the human race.

So I still don't really understand your position, if I'm honest.

So, you think people can send out electrical signals strong enough to damage something or hurt someone as well?

This I am providing is only an example.did you read?

Ummm. You realise there's a lot in it for you not to keep it a secret?

I can't really see any legal changes coming from the discovery of a particular psi power, beyond the legal responsibility if you used it for harm.

Yet, if you show you have this power, you can benefit yourself by winning a Nobel Prize, the approximately $4,500,000 worldwide in sceptical prizes, as much or as little fame as you wish, and at the same time benefit humanity by extending the possibilities of the human race.

So I still don't really understand your position, if I'm honest.

Yes about the using it for harm part.

Edited by Electrokinesis is me

I don't think so.

Beats me how you drew that conclusion. It would open up a whole new scientific world.

Below please

See my response.

I like debate.

But that debate will inevitably go nowhere if you never put your money where your mouth is. Those of us debating with you will have nothing to go on, no evidence to discuss, and therefore will always default to a position of disbelief. What's the point in that sort of debate? It's lifeless.